Preston at home. (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

It will be the 10,000 there that will have the piss taken out of them by the neutrals at home for our 'Shit support'.

I can see 'Coventry fans' trending on twitter with comments of joke of a fan base as we can't get more than 10,000 at 5 pound a ticket.

I can't think of any other club in the football league that wouldn't increase their attendance by 50% if it was at 5 quid (Tv or not).

covcity4life

Says the man who isn't going. Fine, up to you, but don't pretend that 'justifying your sky subscription' is a good excuse. It's pretty lame actually. Basically you cannot be arsed - fine, just say that.

And 'tramp price drop'? Oh dear. I'm pleased you have plenty of money, I really am.

i dont get the aggro though,i have clearly put my reasons out for watching on sky

i WANT to watch it on my telly because i dont get the chance to see cov play on sky alot,i want to hear the commentary i want to see the build up,half time and post match.

because next week it will be back to the normal routine at the ricoh(like your freinds no doubt lmao)

as someone just posted i dont need to justify it but fact is i have. if thats not how you roll thats fine,im not asking people to watch it on sky.

Otis

im not sure i like your tone

i am just being honest with everyone

i pay for sports package,i have to watch glory fans teams like utd get shown every single week but noone ever even mentions cov on telly bar a few seconds here or there

so when we are on tv i would like to sit back on my couch and watch them on my hd with a beer in hand,i wont deny that. i see them at ricoh nearly every week,whats so bad about a different way of viewing once or max twice a season?

it also means i will go to an extra home game this season in the league so its not hindering cov either

Thing is CC4L, the atmosphere against Sheff Utd was very good and having the fans packed in made a real difference. Also, it is always so much better to be there in person. On tv you only see what they want you to see. In person you can see the off the ball movement and players making their runs and more bench reaction.

It's just better all round. I have Sky and I only have it for the American Football, the City and the odd special thing like an England international or the Ryder Cup or the Ashes.

As it is only a fiver on Thursday i really do thing people should try and make the effort and get up there.

You may have your beer and your armchair, but you cannot add your voice to the crowd and be there to actually cheer them on in person.

Come on, you know it makes sense! 5 quid for what turn out to be a magical night! ;)

Last edited:

Astute

I can't think of any other club in the football league that wouldn't increase their attendance by 50% if it was at 5 quid (Tv or not).

Manure, Spurs, Chelski, Arsenal.......;)

Swanny80

CC4Life are you going to watch the final on sky if we get there? No you will be at Wembley!

Cc4Life. . . . Excepts Thursdays!

covcity4life

Thing is CC4L, the atmosphere against Sheff Utd was very good and having the fans packed in made a real difference. Also, it is always so much better to be there in person. On tv you only see what they want you to see. In person you can see the off the ball movement and players making their runs and more bench reaction.

It's just better all round. I have Sky and I only have it for the American Football, the City and the odd special thing like an England international or the Ryder Cup or the Ashes.

As it is only a fiver on Thursday i really do thing people should try and make the effort and get up there.

You may have your beer and your armchair, but you cannot add your voice to the crowd and be there to actually cheer them on in person.

Come on, you know it makes sense! 5 quid for what turn out to be a maybe a magical night! ;)

mate im not new to this sport lol, i am aware that being there is better and yes the sheff utd atmosphere was great

but if everyone is packed into the same stand again it will be great without me too

as for viewing whole game rather than whats on camera....its one game...they will prob make the same runs they did last week and if they change i will see it for myself next week.

so in this case i am going to relax and watch city on the tv and listen to sky talk about us and our players.

i mean some of the logic thrown out here is like " why play as cov on computer games if you can go watch them play for real"

i am a cov fan and i just think its "nice" that we are on telly for once.

all that matters is i get to see cov play,thats what matters to me.

covcity4life

CC4Life are you going to watch the final on sky if we get there? No you will be at Wembley!

Cc4Life. . . . Excepts Thursdays!

haha...so a supporter that has been to 11 odd games so far since september is all of a suddena shit fan for watching one game on tv?

but all the benefit leachers who make this their one game as great fans

humm....ok

Astute

haha...so a supporter that has been to 11 odd games so far since september is all of a suddena shit fan for watching one game on tv?

humm....ok

So anyone down on their luck is a benefit leach if they lose their job?

You sure have lost all sense of reality :mad:

Otis

humm....ok

Why did you only go to the odd games? :thinking about:;)

covcity4life

lol

ok maybe not all benefit leachers but this seems to be a case of

poor person/commitments goes to 1 game=hero

average jow goes to more games and watches one on tv=shit fan

Otis

You should change your name from CC4L to R4LEWTGOS.

Ricoh 4 Life Except When the Game's On Sky!

Mucca Mad Boys

Have to disagree with this 'hoofing to Barton.'

if you care to get the game tape you will see he had the ball played to him on the ground on many occasion and he was muscled off the ball or tackled or harried into getting rid of it quickly.

Being more physical would result from Barton not playing and say Thomas in there instead. We can't compete totally on a physical level, but we can be more physical.

Firstly, I never said we should start Barton, he'll have to work his way back in the team, I think Fleck and Thomas should come in for Sheff and Jennings. Which will give us a better, technical midfield needed to beat a physical side such as PNE.

I missed the 1st half hour, so unless this happened during that period, you're right, but I've read and heard Barton and the rest actually played well for that time. :pointlaugh: at me :(

What I saw that game was our passing game disintegrated from when I got there, and resorted to hoofing it up the field, to Sheff, Barton, Moussa and Christie, of which, none of them won an aerial challenge, only Baker won 1 aerial challenge. Barton didn't really get the ball to his feet, and that's why he played badly, or if he got the ball to feet, it was bad service to him in the 1st place.

If MR tries to counter their physicality it will be a bad decision, we don't have the players. We should concentrate on our game and find ways to work past their system, which I'm confident we'll do.

Otis

They added NBA to Sky Sports today. What a day!

I don't know. I may still keep my subscription despite this though.

Won't hurt me too much I don't think. Can see what it would make you angry mind!

Otis

Firstly, I never said we should start Barton, he'll have to work his way back in the team, I think Fleck and Thomas should come in for Sheff and Jennings. Which will give us a better, technical midfield needed to beat a physical side such as PNE.

I missed the 1st half hour, so unless this happened during that period, you're right, but I've read and heard Barton and the rest actually played well for that time. :pointlaugh: at me :(

What I saw that game was our passing game disintegrated from when I got there, and resorted to hoofing it up the field, to Sheff, Barton, Moussa and Christie, of which, none of them won an aerial challenge, only Baker won 1 aerial challenge. Barton didn't really get the ball to his feet, and that's why he played badly, or if he got the ball to feet, it was bad service to him in the 1st place.

If MR tries to counter their physicality it will be a bad decision, we don't have the players. We should concentrate on our game and find ways to work past their system, which I'm confident we'll do.

And I never said that you said that we should start Barton!

This could go on for quite some time! ;)

covcity4life

id still like answer to:

poor person/commitments goes to 1 reduced rate game=hero

average joe goes to more games and watches one on tv=shit fan

North York’s Blue

I'm not going to either, although did consider the Preston game but thought I save my fuel for the Tranmere game instead. Make a nice change to see us on the box!

covcity4life

I'm not going to either, although did consider the Preston game but thought I save my fuel for the Tranmere game instead. Make a nice change to see us on the box!

halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!
halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!
halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!halleluljah!

RoboCCFC90

dont think anyone has disputed that?

I think what everyone wants to say to you mate is record it on Sky+, get yourself up the Ricoh on Thursday and then for the rest of your days you could watch the game, build up and analysis to your hearts content!

oakey

I'm not going either. Season ticket holder, which is a big enough commitment for me thanks. I don't do cup games as watching City is painful enough and over 42 years I have put myself out many times only to be gutted, cold and home at midnight. OK we are on the up but CCFC owe me more than I owe them.
I might go if we get to the next round but really don't like night matches in mid winter ... Too old and cynical, I know, but being honest! I'll leave it to you real fans.

Users who are viewing this thread