Pressley not happy with Clarke at all (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

nothing to be gained by selling him either

Wolves offer peanuts apparently.

There are always things to be gained, apparently it was £500K offer that was rejected for Leon I would sell him for £750K that should easily bring in a decent player, Stevie May at St Johnstone? James Collins from Hibs?

It does seem like the camp will be happier, I know SP said that the morale is fine, but Leon has to be whinging and moaning or his attitude is frustrating others who have given so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Trombone

Mate, everything you are saying we already know, you aren't telling us anything new. The point still stands that people are pissed off though. Especially the way he has gone about it.

I thought everyone knew too, but the fella asking me the questions doesn't seem to get it.

The Gentleman

There are always things to be gained, apparently it was £500K offer that was rejected for Leon I would sell him for £750K that should easily bring in a decent player, Stevie May at St Johnstone? James Collins from Hibs?

It does seem like the camp will be happier, I know SP said that the morale is fine, but Leon has to be whinging and moaning or his attitude is frustrating others who have given so much.

Can people please stop saying that we need to sell Leon first before we are able to bring in another player because this simply isn't true. We were told by Joy that the squad would be strengthened and that Pressley has targets, the club expressed surprise (we didn't) about Leon's transfer request so they or others cannot use the excuse that they are waiting for him to be sold before someone else is brought in.

Hobo

I thought everyone knew too, but the fella asking me the questions doesn't seem to get it.
Like Pressley said "there is a way to leave a club." You tried to goad me into a Pressley is a crap manager argument when I criticised Clarke's performance against Arsenal.

The fact is despite the lack of effort he was still our most likely source of a goal. So that is why Pressley left him on, it was the correct decision in the circumstances.

However Pressley is now voicing what some of us could see and you wouldn't accept.

Rusty Trombone

Like Pressley said "there is a way to leave a club." You tried to goad me into a Pressley is a crap manager argument when I criticised Clarke's performance against Arsenal.

The fact is despite the lack of effort he was still our most likely source of a goal. So that is why Pressley left him on, it was the correct decision in the circumstances.

However Pressley is now voicing what some of us could see and you wouldn't accept.

I disagree with your opinion of the Arsenal display, I agree with Pressley about that one, I don't think he was lying when he gave his view, do you? Pressley is now correct in my view to criticise a player if he thinks was fit to play, if the player refused to play.

Hobo

I disagree with your opinion of the Arsenal display, I agree with Pressley about that one, I don't think he was lying when he gave his view, do you? Pressley is now correct in my view to criticise a player if he thinks was fit to play, if the player refused to play.[/QUOwill

We will have to agree to disagree.

sky blue john

There are always things to be gained,
apparently it was £500K offer that was rejected for Leon I would sell him for £750K that should easily bring in a decent player, Stevie May at St Johnstone? James Collins from Hibs?

Personally i think wolves owe us still for taking the gypsy off their hands for 1.2million, what a waste that was.
I know we did ok over robbie kean though before anyone mentions that one.

RoboCCFC90

Can people please stop saying that we need to sell Leon first before we are able to bring in another player because this simply isn't true. We were told by Joy that the squad would be strengthened and that Pressley has targets, the club expressed surprise (we didn't) about Leon's transfer request so they or others cannot use the excuse that they are waiting for him to be sold before someone else is brought in.

Well surprisingly that's not why I mentioned it, this window is a domino affect, Celtic bid for Griffiths, Wolves bid for Leon, we bid for someone else, no one wants to sell in January, SP has said it himself that he is waiting on other Clubs to do their business, let Wolves move in for Clarke, i then gives us more scope in the window.

RoboCCFC90

Personally i think wolves owe us still for taking the gypsy off their hands for 1.2million, what a waste that was.
I know we did ok over robbie kean though before anyone mentions that one.

To be honest John I'd forget anything Wolves have got..Stevie May from St Johnstone is the player we need to be looking at, look at his record in the last three seasons:

Alloa Athletic - 22 Appearances - 19 Goals
Hamilton Academical - 35 Appearances - 26 Goals
St Johnstone (This season) - 29 Appearances - 20 Goals

skybluepm2

No, strangely I'm not his agent. I'm just trying to help you drama queens out by pointing out it is just a job to players, they don't support the team, and they will all leave when the time is right. What is it you don't like about players that leave, the fact that they are going for more money, or is it just players that end up having a few clubs?

I can handle people leaving, we're used to it. That isn't the issue here. Pressley hit the nail on the head last night when he said that there are ways to leave a club but this certainly isn't it. Is his behaviour dignified or acceptable to you? Whether or not he refused to play will have no bearing on whether or not he moves. If wolves pay the asking price or in fact were that desperate for the deal to go through it would've done by now. But to pretend you're injured and/or refuse to turn our for the people who pay your wages constitutes to gross misconduct and in any normal profession would result in dismissal. He should be fined two weeks wages and sent on his way!

luwalla

i thought he looked disinterested at arsenal... poor poor finishing.

Do i blame him for leaving, nope not at all.. but there is a proper way to leave , and by the sounds of it he has gone down the diva strop route instead. end of!

sky blue john

To be honest John I'd forget anything
Wolves have got..Stevie May from St Johnstone is the player we need to be looking at, look at his record in the last three seasons:

Alloa Athletic - 22 Appearances - 19 Goals
Hamilton Academical - 35 Appearances - 26 Goals
St Johnstone (This season) - 29 Appearances - 20 Goals

I meant it in the way that we should extract as much cash as possible from them.

The Gentleman

Well surprisingly that's not why I mentioned it, this window is a domino affect, Celtic bid for Griffiths, Wolves bid for Leon, we bid for someone else, no one wants to sell in January, SP has said it himself that he is waiting on other Clubs to do their business, let Wolves move in for Clarke, i then gives us more scope in the window.

You're wrong when you say no one wants to sell, if that's the case they why has there been over 150 transfers in the PL & FL already this January? Some transfers, some loans and some frees but it shows that people are willing to do business. Why do we have to wait for everyone else to do their business before we are left to feed off scraps? if Leon goes late on deadline day, exactly what scope does that give us?

RoboCCFC90

You're wrong when you say no one wants to sell, if that's the case they why has there been over 150 transfers in the PL & FL already this January? Some transfers, some loans and some frees but it shows that people are willing to do business. Why do we have to wait for everyone else to do their business before we are left to feed off scraps? if Leon goes late on deadline day, exactly what scope does that give us?

Most people who move in January are players who a) Haven't featured for their teams this season, b) Don't fit into the managers plans (baring in mind that numerous clubs will have changed managers), c) The domino affect has made Clubs go into business to bring in players of Calibre to maintain their good season. Lets use an example, Nohua Dicko wasn't getting a look in at Wigan and it's obviously they didn't believe he could make it in the Championship hence why they loaned him out to Rotherham and then sold him for a little fee to Wolves rather than renew his contract, their is business happening in January but it's rare that any significant business happens because most Clubs have a pattern throughout the season thus far, hence why it's difficult for SP to go out and get a player that he might of had a chance of bringing in, in the summer.

RoboCCFC90

I meant it in the way that we should extract as much cash as possible from them.

I would say £750K would be a good deal for our Club, that's more than Wolves paid for Nohua Dicko and half what Huddersfield paid for Nakhi Wells, it also says to me that transfer fee could be used to sign players immediately that SP might want in his side.

covcity4life

yup enough is enough and its time for a change

lets sell for 400k or so and move on, get strikers sthat SP wants and can play pressing, if they are 20 or 19 so be it, play the long game(if thats possible with us and this damn situation)

RoboCCFC90

yup enough is enough and its time for a change

lets sell for 400k or so and move on, get strikers sthat SP wants and can play pressing, if they are 20 or 19 so be it, play the long game(if thats possible with us and this damn situation)

We have already rejected a £500K offer, why accept anything lower then that?

RoboCCFC90

wasnt aware how much rejected bid was for mate,sorry

okay except 500k then lol

It's alright bud, I think once Celtic get Leigh Griffiths Wolves will come in again.

RoboCCFC90

lets hope so,we cant bring anyone in till he goes it looks like. dont wanna leave it all till last day of window.

The last day will be interesting because Clubs will panic and perhaps make some moves, which might open an opportunity.

Another player sold for an undisclosed fee?

I hope not Ecky, but fear you could be right, if the CT are correct anything above £500K should now be expected.

Noggin

While I fully support honesty from the manager, I kinda wish he hadn't said it unless the deal is already done and dusted. If the deal falls through now and we end up having to keep Leon we have a pissed off player who the fans hate, who has fallen out with the manager and that despite having fuck all up front we might even chose not to play. We now have him staying as a disaster scenario as well as him leaving and us not getting a replacement. Where as before it was just the later that was a disaster scenario.

I completely understand and support why he said it but it was much better said once he had gone, I do hope we fine him (Leon) though as the way he has gone about this is completely unacceptable, even if I do completely understand why he would want to leave.

I've been saying from the start of the season I expected it to come crashing down especially in the winter, fortunately I'd been wrong up to now, but I really feel we are on the knife edge of everything unraveling, pressley doesnt sound a happy guy and if we dont get replacements in, other clubs will look very attractive, disastrous if it happened as he has worked miracles..

wingy

I really would have expected full support for this manager and his ambitions ,with all In place for him to do his deals as they needed doing at the start of the window ,regardless

of CW or JC situation It's quite reckless of them considering he's kept the heat off them with the results he's achieved.

Ashdown1

This will go down to the last day. Clarke will go and will not be replaced with anything better than a loanee at best. Clarke has done this all his career and SISU will cash in ! Season over by the end of January as usual !

Noggin

This will go down to the last day. Clarke will go and will not be replaced with anything better than a loanee at best. Clarke has done this all his career and SISU will cash in ! Season over by the end of January as usual !

To be fair to Clarke (and yes he deserves serious criticism) it sounds like he made it obvious he wanted to go in the summer, so there has been plenty of notice to get a replacement, the reasons we are struggling to get one are completely sisus fault.

Ashdown1

To be fair to Clarke (and yes he deserves serious criticism) it sounds like he made it obvious he wanted to go in the summer, so there has been plenty of notice to get a replacement, the reasons we are struggling to get one are completely sisus fault.

Surely it was the councils fault??

ajsccfc

As he's already some way to playing for every league club in the country, I wasn't massively surprised he wanted to leave and was ok with it so long as he did it the right way by making the request and then just getting on with his job. If he's now whinging and actually sacking off important matches, fuck him. Any prospective buyer should be aware he'll end up doing the same to them.

thaiskyblue

As he's already some way to playing for every league club in the country, I wasn't massively surprised he wanted to leave and was ok with it so long as he did it the right way by making the request and then just getting on with his job. If he's now whinging and actually sacking off important matches, fuck him. Any prospective buyer should be aware he'll end up doing the same to them.
This is modern day football unfortunatly morality does not exsist. Maybe though we don't know yet when he signed the new deal the owners might have told him a crock of shit about what the future held for the club.

Noggin

we absolutely have no right to expect people to be loyal to us after the bomb squad situation, we do have the right to expect our players to play to the best of their ability when asked too and not to miss games due to phantom injuries.

ajsccfc

Exactly. He's within his rights to request a transfer and I can't blame him wanting to capitalise on his good form as he approaches his 30s, but don't fuck over your teammates at the same time.

chiefdave

If you refuse to do your job surely there should be consequences? I know I couldn't just decide to stop turning up and keep getting paid!

Wonder what the bomb squad members make of Elvis stating "there is a right way to leave a club"?! Can imagine a few of them weren't thrilled at the way their exits were handled.

Users who are viewing this thread