Pressley not happy with Clarke at all (1 Viewer)

afan4life

interesting to see SISU's stance on this.

I'll be surprised if they let Clarke call the shots.

when did Sisu last have a stance? , they don't care enough and continue to bleed us dry

ccfcway

Nothing at all to be gained from keeping him here now. Fuck him off and hope that karma does the business

nowt to be gained from being at Northampton, but SISU dont want to be told what to do. See if they do the same with Clarke. Surely he is in breach of contract ?

ccfcway

when did Sisu last have a stance? , they don't care enough and continue to bleed us dry

apart from taking us to Northampton ?
apart from suing a charity ?
apart from applying for a JR ?
apart from announcing a new stadium ?

Surely they can stand up to Leon Clarke ?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Well, they're no SS are they?

skybluepm2

He's undone all of the good work he's ever done for us within the past couple of weeks. Absolutely disgusting self centred individual. The definition of the word c*nt should certainly be accompanied by a picture of his ugly mug. Maybe he's watching SISU's behaviour too closely and taken a leaf out of their book!

Enjoy your 3 months with the yam yams before they pie you off back to League 1. Pressley, the squad and the Sky blue Army deserve so much more!!

Noggin

Very different to what he said on the offal

"Pressley said: "Leon is a doubt for the game tomorrow. He injured the heel in his foot during the Arsenal game.
"It is genuine injury and I would expect that to be the case. I have asked him to be professional and I'm sure that's the case.

Of course the offal is poor anyway, not a single peice of paper to be spotted in their large gallery of the fans from the Arsenal game.

covmark

I don't ever use the word c**t on this forum, but it's the only word to describe Leon Clarke, absolute c**t!!

Lorksalordy

nowt to be gained from being at Northampton, but SISU dont want to be told what to do. See if they do the same with Clarke. Surely he is in breach of contract ?
Big problem would be what Pressley would make of it. Looking at that interview he wants rid so keeping him in this atmosphere unless they funded replacements and still kept him would be daft (even for them).

ccfcway

Big problem would be what Pressley would make of it. Looking at that interview he wants rid so keeping him in this atmosphere unless they funded replacements and still kept him would be daft (even for them).

Serious question ?. Whey would they care what Pressley thinks ?. What did the fans think when they moved us to Northampton ?

Clarke is behaving the way he is to get what he wants, SISU dont tend to like that

skybluepm2

I don't ever use the word c**t on this forum, but it's the only word to describe Leon Clarke, absolute c**t!!

I tend to try and disguise it with an asterisk Mark, in the hope that some people will believe I have mis-spelt 'cant' ;) but yes very deserved in this instance!

BigadamL

Because the way out current owners act I really wouldn't be surprised if they take action against him! And fair play if they do. His job is to play football and if he doesn't do it he doesn't get paid

malkitccfc

As wrong as it is for me to say this, I hope he fucks off elsewhere and gets a nice injury. Or even better, Paulo Di Canio takes over the club shortly after he moves

Lorksalordy

Serious question ?. Whey would they care what Pressley thinks ?. What did the fans think when they moved us to Northampton ?

Clarke is behaving the way he is to get what he wants, SISU dont tend to like that
If they don't think they should keep Pressley happy at the moment then they are nuts as he is the difference to their fortunes by bringing on players (who can then be sold on) and keeping us in this league whilst costing them jack by shopping at the out of date section of Lidl.
Sadly, what the fans think of anything at all is much less of a concern.

RFC

Maybe

Maybe just like me you don't know what's going on but maybe much more complicated than we all understand?

Paxman II

Pressley clearly upset by Clarkes attitude since yesterday I suspect. How a player can refuse to play I'm not sure but it would appear that is what happened.
He won't play another game for us. I can't blame the player for possibly bettering his career but there is a way of doing that especially as the club you are at supported you and played in a manner that put you back on the radar?
He has let the whole squad down and the sooner he leaves the better. It's a close knit group and he has hurt it.

Why is it so difficult to get replacements though? I fear we will need a journeyman to accept the challenge who will do the job. A Kevin Philips type who will relish in the way we play. Who?

stupot07

Completely agree about Dagnall, did he not deserve an 18 month contract? Worked hard, decent technically, reminded me a lot of Elliot last year. Nothing special but certainly a third choice if you're playing 2 up top, one off the bench.
Pressley obviously only viewed him as a short term solution, why would he give him an extra year just to put him in next seasons bomb squad and have to pay him off to off load him?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Chipfat

Why do we except him to stay,, if anyone is shocked by this event you either do not understand the position we are in or do not know how Leon makes his living..His has always jumped clubs, always had dips but no doubt scores goals which creates his next move to improve his bank balance..I for one don't respect what he is doing but understand and expected he and his agents stance. He goes, we make money and try to replace,, which is very tough in our situation and in replacing the amount of goals he scores....The only good news is Wilson is not fit now as he would be a gone as well,, plenty of offers awaiting him when he gets back playing...

Rusty Trombone

Quote: Because the way out current owners act I really wouldn't be surprised if they take action against him! And fair play if they do. His job is to play football and if he doesn't do it he doesn't get paid :End Quote

They tried that with Dublin but still had to pay in the end, and I suspect Clarke will say he wasn't fit, so I can't see how any action will be successful.

Last edited:

Godiva

Live out contract as the water boy at Ryton....if SISU can turn down a rent free offer for the Ricoh and argue with the council / higgs as the do then lets see the full force on Leon.

Its what the fans would want so Sisu will not do it !!!

Of course they won't. They need to free up the 8k/w to be able to pay wages for his replacement (FFP regulation).

larry_david

I can't wait for Callum Wilson to come back. What a player he could become. He should be looking at this as his chance to be a hero. Clarke jumping ship, upsetting the boss, the morale, the fans...Wilson comes back from injury, the local boy scoring goals, assisting goals, refreshing attitude! Bring on March...

SkyblueBazza

What about Matty Fryatt? He'd be a great replacement in this league...& do us a job in the championship if we got there.

PUSB

stupot07

What about Matty Fryatt? He'd be a great replacement in this league...& do us a job in the championship if we got there.

PUSB

We couldn't afford to buy him or his wages. Plus championship clubs would be keen to sign him, he scored 4 in 7(2) at Wednesday this season and has been getting sub appearances in the PL.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ccfc92

I can't wait for Callum Wilson to come back. What a player he could become. He should be looking at this as his chance to be a hero. Clarke jumping ship, upsetting the boss, the morale, the fans...Wilson comes back from injury, the local boy scoring goals, assisting goals, refreshing attitude! Bring on March...

I really pray he does :D when's he due back? March?

Users who are viewing this thread