Premier League thread (17 Viewers)

Evo1883

Hard to believe some of their fans think heckingbottom is a better manager for them than Chris wilder .. about right for them really

Paul Anthony

Burnley had a var fuck up?

Seems like Burnley forwards head was beyond the last defender, and at first they gave it onside, then got asked to have another look and gave it offside. Notnth best quality, but assuming the bottom shot happened first, how the hell were they going to give that onside?

20231028_171937.jpg

cornoccfc

Seems like Burnley forwards head was beyond the last defender, and at first they gave it onside, then got asked to have another look and gave it offside. Notnth best quality, but assuming the bottom shot happened first, how the hell were they going to give that onside?

View attachment 32229
Is the VAR line even correct? It isn't based on pitch lines which can be seen!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah never a pen, he was on his way down and initiated contact, the wolves player stops. Another example of VAR getting a decision wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah he stopped the kick and didn't actually touch him.

chiefdave

Is the VAR line even correct? It isn't based on pitch lines which can be seen!
I know I've posted this about 100 times but the maths doesn't added for using VAR in tight onside situations. There's a considerable margin of error when you factor in the camera frame rate, speed of the ball and speed of the player.

That's before you even get to the issue that if the cameras aren't dead in line you also have issues with the parallax angle.

Terry Gibson's perm

Absolute rubbish from Atwell there, McNeil went down injured off the pitch and he stops the play.

Somebody has to sort of this catching it and falling onto the floor by keepers it still counts as holding the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread