Premier League thread (8 Viewers)

SBT

That's not consistency from refs then if it's more video stoppages. When it comes to the pulling in the box the refs always see it, never give it.
The VAR is ostensibly there to ensure consistent application of the rules by correcting real time mistakes from the refs. Doesn’t always get it right of course, but if you give them more time and more chances to review decisions then they can correct more mistakes - that’s the argument now the VAR toys are out of the box at least.

You can’t insist on more consistency from refs and also tell them they have to make decisions faster and with less help.

Grendel

If you truly want more consistency from refs, then what you’re really asking for is more video stoppages, that take longer to complete.

It still won’t work, of course, but the modern football fan’s obsession with achieving this mythical/unobtainable standard of perfect refereeing consistency means the alternative is what?

Well no as the video stoppages themselves are inconclusive

The offside element has a degree of statistical error and the fact that alone is flawed means VAR isn’t fit for purpose

Grendel

12 corners for City and not a single goal - tough questions for Pep on Monday morning…

Its strange how you called me Les Dennis the other week - you seem to be trying to
match him on the humour stakes

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Used to be the best club in the world, now they’re briefing journalists about their kits not fitting properly after losing a derby game 3-0

Well they've got form. Once complined they couldn't see each other's grey shirts against a sea of red after a loss to Southampton. Southampton, playing in the same kit as many people in the crowd were wearing, ha no such issues...

alexccfc99

This Man Utd team have to be the most dislikable, petulant, arrogant squad of footballers I have ever seen - I’ve zero time for any of them Harry Maguire aside

Led by a clown of a manager who is a complete egotistical bully who throws his easy targets eg, Maguire, Sancho under the bus and picked a fight with one of the greatest players of all time to not remotely improve them - Fraud

Paul Anthony

Well they've got form. Once complined they couldn't see each other's grey shirts against a sea of red after a loss to Southampton. Southampton, playing in the same kit as many people in the crowd were wearing, ha no such issues...

When they got relegated way back when under Tommy Docherty, it was all down to the bus driver apparently. United have plenty of previous in the excuses department.

fernandopartridge

I still can’t work out what style of football Ten Hag is trying to implement and he’s been backed well, compare that to the effect the Spurs manager has had
United haven't had a recognisable style of play for years. They just don't seem to have any sort of structure in anything.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

jordan210

The 4th official from our game vs West Brom is the 4th official today in the Fulham vs united Match.

She made a few mistakes the other night with the extra time and subs. So kinda crazy she has now been given a prem match to be the ref in.

But then a again the championship appears to currently be the dumping ground for prem refs

Last edited:

SBT

The 4th official from our game vs West Brom is the ref today in the Fulham vs united Match.

She made a few mistakes the other night with the extra time and subs.
What mistakes did she make? The fourth official doesn’t decide the amount of stoppage time, do they?

jordan210

What mistakes did she make? The fourth official doesn’t decide the amount of stoppage time, do they?

When we went to make our subs she was not ready as wasn’t paying attention. COH was waiting at the side of the pitch and the game had stopped.

few moments later she picked the board up but game had to restart and COH had to go back to dug out and keep warm.

our coaching team was not happy.

skyblue1991

Antony subbed again, one of the biggest Premier League flops in the last few years. What was he, £85m?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread