Premier League thread (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Thought I'd start with the news that Patrick Vieira is now the Palace manager (hardly news tbh as was leaked a few days ago )

Hell of a player , hope he does well there , quite like Palace tbh

Paul Anthony

Just nice to have a proper atmosphere back at games. Fake crowd noise just doesn't compare.

Paul Anthony

Arsenal are shocking, wonder how much patience their fans will have with Arteta (edit: got a few key players out mind you...)

Can see Brentford doing what Sheffield United did season before last and stay up comfortably. Don't think they're a bad side.

Liquid Gold

Bees are buzzing.

Imagine, first game in your new stadium, first game in the PL, first game in the top tier for 75 years and you’re beating the biggest team in your city in which you’ve been a minnow for years.

Paul Anthony

No doubt Talksport will now be overrun by some rather irate ranting Arsenal fans blethering on about the state of their club.....

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Played some great football and it definitely wasn’t a lucky victory.

Arsenal were all over the shop, although Tierney is some player.

Brentford were 10/3 before kick off as well! Hindsight and all that….

no_loyalty

Great result for Brentford and fully deserved, Arsenal were pretty poor and only Smith-Rowe and Tierney come out with any credit, what a waste of money Pepe has been. It was nice to see Saka receive a standing ovation.

Sbarcher

The president of Rwanda has posted this on Twitter.
Seem to remember issue with the Visit Rwanda Arsenal shirt sleeve sponsorship as the money came from the British Overseas Aid budget!

Kagame wrote on Twitter: “What?? It’s football, it’s a loss of Arsenal at/to Brentford. Brentford deserved to win and they did.

“The game itself aside Arsenal and the fans don’t deserve to kind of get used to this….NO !!!

Liquid Gold

It's amazing to think the fear teams used to have before going to Old Trafford. They were beaten before a ball was kicked.

Just another ground now.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's amazing to think the fear teams used to have before going to Old Trafford. They were beaten before a ball was kicked.

Just another ground now.

Still the biggest club in the country in my mind, though perhaps I'm being clouded by my youth

COV

Still the biggest club in the country in my mind, though perhaps I'm being clouded by my youth

easily the biggest

Man City are weird, they seem to have shrunk, getting 35k in the third division but now thousands of empty seats for premier league games. Prices maybe, dunno

Terry Gibson's perm

Just looked at the Brighton team and they need to spend some of that White cash quickly or they could be in real trouble.

COV

Disgusting isnt it

not sure what it is as it hasn’t really sunk in, they mentioned it on sky and I did a double take… 😆

De Bruyne, Rodri, Walker, Stones, Jesus, Silva, Laporte, Steffen, Zinchenko

that substitutes bench alone could beat most championship starting 11s I reckon

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

not sure what it is as it hasn’t really sunk in, they mentioned it on sky and I did a double take… 😆

De Bruyne, Rodri, Walker, Stones, Jesus, Silva, Laporte, Steffen, Zinchenko

that substitutes bench alone could beat most championship starting 11s I reckon

I reckon they'd beat some PL teams.

Reactions: COV

COV

I reckon they'd beat some PL teams.

have they actually got decent value for money though? Must be the football version of diminishing returns, no other team should be able to get anywhere near them, the talent they have everywhere is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread