Premier League thread (17 Viewers)

Hutch11

I'd take any player from Utd's squad to make us better ( yes even Fred ) but I wouldn't swap managers

skyblue1991

Not sure about the Gerrard appointment, it's not what Villa need.

Sacking Smith was a baffling decision, I'm sure he would've turned them around. There spent a lot this year but can't expect instant success, need to give the new players a season then I would've expected them to push top half next year

I hope he does well as I liked Gerrard as a player (and Lampard for that matter if he goes to Norwich) but it could end in tears

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure about the Gerrard appointment, it's not what Villa need.

Sacking Smith was a baffling decision, I'm sure he would've turned them around. There spent a lot this year but can't expect instant success, need to give the new players a season then I would've expected them to push top half next year

I hope he does well as I liked Gerrard as a player (and Lampard for that matter if he goes to Norwich) but it could end in tears

He needed time and patience at Rangers which he probably won’t get there. At the same time, he’ll have actual money to spend. 50/50 for me whether it works out

SkyBlueSoul

Surprised Eddie Howe has gone to Newcastle. Thought he left Burnley due to personal reasons (too far away from his family), why would Newcastle be any better?

His Mum passed away while he was at Burnley and he's very close to his family so it made sense at the time. That was about 10 years ago now so I'm guessing he feels ready to move away again after reaching his ceiling with Bournemouth.

no_loyalty

Man U 2-0 down at Watford, looking likely someone will be sacked in the morning, unless they turn it around 2nd half of course.

skyblue1991

Keep Ole at the wheel!
ae413258fe3dae693b6835dd275e95ea.jpg

skyblue1991

Strong rumours Ole is getting sacked tomorrow, Zidane the favourite to replace him

no_loyalty

Strong rumours Ole is getting sacked tomorrow, Zidane the favourite to replace him

There is an emergency board meeting tonight it won’t take them long to decide that Ole is on his way, they should have got rid after the Liverpool debacle, as they could have appointed Conte.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Doubt that'd be an improvement. Wasn't exactly amazing in a two-horse league. No experience over here either.

Brighton Sky Blue

There is more than just Ole wrong at Utd though, even if he should never be in that job.

Baffling decision to chase Sancho for two years only to leave him on the bench because you don't want a 38 year old ex player going to a rival. Small club mentality.

They'll be hiring Fergie next they're that stuck in the past.

skyblue1991

There is more than just Ole wrong at Utd though, even if he should never be in that job.

Baffling decision to chase Sancho for two years only to leave him on the bench because you don't want a 38 year old ex player going to a rival. Small club mentality.
Cannot disagree with that. Sancho must be fuming!

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s hard not to feel a bit sorry for him here. Just so hopelessly out of his depth but knows he won’t get near a decent job again so hanging on for the pay off.

skyblue1991

Nice guy but I think the dressing room egos that come with playing for one of the top teams in the world were too much for him to handle. Even as a player he was more submissive than dominant, nothing wrong with that it's just the way he is as a person

I'm sure he can carve a career in management but needs to start at a lower league team, either in England or his native Norway

Users who are viewing this thread