Match Thread PNE (H) 26/02 3 pm (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
Can't wait for this one!!

Just woke up at the Hilton in the CBS. Looking forward to some breakfast, then the platinum dinning club for the match. Really looking forward to it, first time in years I've been here (due to living abroad for quite a while).

Really hoping for a win, 2-1 to Cov. Gyro and fadz.

SkyBlueSoul

Bringing 4 daytrippers to this one, only 1 Cov fan among them. Head says 1-1 but hopefully we can put on a show so going with my heart and saying 3-1.

Vik x2, Hamer

Covkid1968#

Can't wait for this one!!

Just woke up at the Hilton in the CBS. Looking forward to some breakfast, then the platinum dinning club for the match. Really looking forward to it, first time in years I've been here (due to living abroad for quite a while).

Really hoping for a win, 2-1 to Cov. Gyro and fadz.
What a day ahead for you… hope they don’t let you down 👍

Disgruntled Sky Blue

2004 under Eric Black.
Bjarni Gudjonnson absolutely destroyed them before Peter Reid later destroyed him as a player.

Reid was arguably the most idiotic managerial appointment ever .... and that includes Butcher, Thorn and Slade.

Couldn't believe the results we were getting under Black and finishing the season with a 5:2 win at Gillingham with one Richard Shaw scoring a belter! Then to hear the following day he had been sacked!

Still get angry thinking about it now.

Anyway on to today, I think this lot will continue to haunt us so I'll happily take a 1:1 draw and move on.

I'd start with the same line up as they will be buzzing.

better days

Think there could be a couple of rotations tomorrow , MR keen to use the squad the keep players fresh , Preston are quite a quick up front so will need pace at the back
Fadz won't be too happy I'd guess
Jones not quite ready yet so won't be involved. So probably youngsters on the bench again

Great_Expectations

I still remember the PNE game where we scored two late on to win - Clarke and Baker I think - one of my favourite late finishes and a rare good memory of the Ricoh (as was) in those darker days.

Excited for today, we’ll be high on confidence and if we play our football on the front foot, they will be no match for us. For that reason I hope one of Maatsen/Dabo are back in at WB (probably the former) otherwise it’s another pedestrian inoffensive WB pairing.

I would keep the box, the only downside being it means it’s less likely Taveres gets a run out, and I’m still keen to see him get longer against tired legs.

Hamer/Sheaf are such a strong pairing from a footballing perspective, really hoping they dominate today.

Despite off the pitch horrifics, Evans is a good player, but on his form so far this season I would expect McFadzean to have him in his pocket.

Moore
Hyam McFadzean JCS
Kane Sheaf Hamer Maatsen
COH Allen
Gyokeres

3-1, Gyokeres, Hyam, Hamer

Brighton Sky Blue

I really think it will be this. 1-0 the scoreline but to who ? Our momentum seems to be as shaky as a jelly being rolled down a cobbled street. They seem to have a good run and then lose poorly.

0-1 Preston

Goals for both sides I think. As ever if we bring our shooting boots we win if we don’t we don’t

Torquay Sky Blue

Reid was arguably the most idiotic managerial appointment ever .... and that includes Butcher, Thorn and Slade.

Couldn't believe the results we were getting under Black and finishing the season with a 5:2 win at Gillingham with one Richard Shaw scoring a belter! Then to hear the following day he had been sacked!

Still get angry thinking about it now.

Anyway on to today, I think this lot will continue to haunt us so I'll happily take a 1:1 draw and move on.

I'd start with the same line up as they will be buzzing.
I agree . Remember Reid surrendering at Leeds . Clueless . One of the most toothless performances I've seen us play out. And I've seen a few

Brighton Sky Blue

Due a win against these... then again been saying that for years so who knows.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Really should have won at Deepdale but chucked it away. We’ll see but think it’ll be a game too far for us

TomRad85

Really should have won at Deepdale but chucked it away. We’ll see but think it’ll be a game too far for us
Home game against a team lower in league. Got to win these if we're going to achieve the unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread