Match Thread PNE (H) 26/02 3 pm (1 Viewer)

Adge

It was 100% a red card just not a penalty
Do a bit of research squire-Law 12 👍

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick. A player is cautioned if guilty of: delaying the restart of play.

Blind-Faith

I can’t see how anyone could think it wasn’t a penalty and red?? Just switch it around, if it had been big Vik bought down by their right back at the other end, we would of been screaming for a pen and another red. May not have been deliberate but it was still bloody clumsy by Dabo 🤦🏻‍♂️

SkyblueTexan

Just watched Quest and the first contact looked to be just on the edge of the box, but without var Stroud was always giving a pen. Dabo stumbled and fell into the guy didn’t look like any intent so how did double jeopardy not apply. Maybe an appeal would be valid
1645966872726.png

I was re-watching the penalty decision. The player started to fall just outside the box. May some of you have a point here. Foul was outside the box and I don't think it was a penalty. Red card maybe valid.

Hertsccfc

View attachment 23987

I was re-watching the penalty decision. The player started to fall just outside the box. May some of you have a point here. Foul was outside the box and I don't think it was a penalty. Red card maybe valid.
I think I agree with you. At the time thought it was a penalty and red but it was outside the box, so should have been a free kick but still a red. The player was already going down when Dabo slipped in the area and fouled him again.

Legia Sky Blue

Can’t believe how many fouls they committed, only 20 given but surely double that in the game, they rotated fouling Cal but 2 should have been sent off, absolutely cynical non football. I couldn’t stomach watching that shit every week

The figure is misleading because it doesn't include the number of times a player is fouled but the ref plays on as we are still in possession. That's all well and good of course in terms of keeping the game moving, but I've had a growing feeling a lot of teams are using this tactically now against us, knowing that although you haven't gained possession from us, we are effectively playing with a man down given the fouled player is out of the equation. To make matters worse the player fouled and not then able to get involved in the forward move is more often than not O'Hare, who is arguably our most creative outlet, so it's like we end up penalised by a foul against us.

SkyblueTexan

The figure is misleading because it doesn't include the number of times a player is fouled but the ref plays on as we are still in possession. That's all well and good of course in terms of keeping the game moving, but I've had a growing feeling a lot of teams are using this tactically now against us, knowing that although you haven't gained possession from us, we are effectively playing with a man down given the fouled player is out of the equation. To make matters worse the player fouled and not then able to get involved in the forward move is more often than not O'Hare, who is arguably our most creative outlet, so it's like we end up penalised by a foul against us.
We need a hard man of our own in the Michael Doyle mould who will do the dirty work. Hamer is a bit too reckless and picks up needless bookings. Though I know MR is not a fan of this, I think we need to practice some of the dark arts in order show that we can deal out punishment as well.

Frostie

I think I agree with you. At the time thought it was a penalty and red but it was outside the box, so should have been a free kick but still a red. The player was already going down when Dabo slipped in the area and fouled him again.

Contact continues into the box = penalty. It's literally black & white in the Laws of the Game.

stupot07

Contact continues into the box = penalty. It's literally black & white in the Laws of the Game.
I dont know why anyone is trying to make out it wasn't a pen. Clear all day.

The player is still upright in the edge of the box, I dont see how people are saying he was already on his way down. Contact is being made here, Dabo is still upright and going in to the back of him but it continues into the box where he brings him down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-144502_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-144502_YouTube.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 23

SkyblueTexan

I dont know why anyone is trying to make out it wasn't a pen. Clear all day.

The player is still upright in the edge of the box, I dont see how people are saying he was already on his way down. Contact is being made here, Dabo is still upright and going in to the back of him but it continues into the box where he brings him down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That’s fine. Thanks to all for clarifying. Just wanted to be sure we didn’t get robbed. Dabo got his legs tangled with the striker who was clearly slowing down to bait Dabo into contact. We’ve got to be smarter than that. Moore was getting ready to come out and could potentially have prevented a goal had the play continued. Very frustrating.

clint van damme

We need a hard man of our own in the Michael Doyle mould who will do the dirty work. Hamer is a bit too reckless and picks up needless bookings. Though I know MR is not a fan of this, I think we need to practice some of the dark arts in order show that we can deal out punishment as well.

Said this yesterday. We need a nasty bastard but who can play a bit.

rhino1002

I've looked at the replay and yes it's a penalty all day long but if you see their players first touch it looks like he's gone at it with the wrong foot and was likely to go away from goal . This makes it more !likely that he wouldn't have been directly in on goal and therefore more chance for the goalkeeper to save. Defenders should take Oggies advice and leave it to the keeper .

skyblu3sk

I found it quite funny the number on there saying the he dived a lot. Sometimes Cal goes down far too easy but he didn't get chance with those cloggers kicking shit out of him. I have never seen so many blatant fouls on one player in a game. Watching it online with a replay of each one would change their minds. Reckon his legs must be a right state.

fernandopartridge

I found it quite funny the number on there saying the he dived a lot. Sometimes Cal goes down far too easy but he didn't get chance with those cloggers kicking shit out of him. I have never seen so many blatant fouls on one player in a game. Watching it online with a replay of each one would change their minds. Reckon his legs must be a right state.
You can see him sitting on the bench with an ice pack after he was subbed

slowpoke

No doubt a penalty, the question for me though is how did Dabo allow the Preston player to get beyond him and head towards goal, ball watching and basic defending.

Users who are viewing this thread