Match Thread PNE (H) 26/02 3 pm (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Also got a free ticket going for this one as the Mrs is away-let me know if interested.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It will be interesting to see if Robins sticks with Maatsen in an attacking area after his goal, or if he goes with Waghorn in a 2 or Allen further forward in the box formation with Sheaf back in the middle. All of sudden we have options again.

Stick with Maatsen and give Tavares 20mins.

JeffB

The comments on here are positive but very wary which in my opinion is absolutely right. Deep down everyone is full of hope. The team have been a joy to watch and their progress has made us all proud. Deep down all Cov supporters like me know that Preston are and always have been a massive bogey team to us. If we get three points from them on Saturday then I will really start to believe.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think Kane will start and Dabo come on for a shift later on. Kane's main issue was the poor quality of his crossing, which - for whatever reason - has been off for a few games.

ccfc1234

I think Kane will start and Dabo come on for a shift later on. Kane's main issue was the poor quality of his crossing, which - for whatever reason - has been off for a few games.
I would agree his crossing has been poor. I also think he has been figured out by opposing managers and defenders. They show him wide and make it hard for him to cross. He needs to mix it up far more with underlapping runs and cutting inside when defenders think he is predictably going to go on the outside again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Dabo Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
O'Hare Maatsen
Gyokeres

Wilson, Kane, Rose, Bidwell, Allen, Waghorn, Tavares​

It's Preston so we'll make hard work of it but hopefully can keep the good form going.

2-1

Paxman II

The team selection is a difficult one but I sense will revolve around the Preston attributes or lack of.
But the interesting debate is Maetsen. He adds pace and a good left foot in that inside left position (old school)
But then again we have Jodi Jones chomping at the bit for that very start?
Sheaf took a rest but bringing him straight back in means the likes of Allen, who played very well last night gets benched?
Waghorn is not at the races for me so will he leave Maetsen in that roll again or bench Bidwell and surprise us with a start for Jones? Don't mention Shipley please...the poor lads just not of this level imo, and no disrespect to him.
Does Dabo come in for a a subdued kane?

Who'd be a manager?
Personally I'd go with Maetsen at wing back in place of Bidwell.
Allen retains his place.
Sheaf comes in.

...............MOORE............
.......HYAM....FAZ.....JCS...
DABO.....................MAETSEN
........SHEAF.......HAMER.........
......O'HARE......ALLEN..........
.............GYKORES..................

SUB: KANE WILSON WAGHORN ROSE JONES

SkyblueTexan

I hope MR draws up a game plan to beat this side much like how he opted for a counter attacking style versus Bristol City. Agree with some of the team selection suggestions not that we too many options to choose from anyway.

shmmeee

Can’t move Maatsen back to LWB after his recent goals, he’s third top scorer now. Harsh on Allen from what I’ve heard (didn’t see the last game) but Sheafs got to start. Probably too soon for Dabo, but if not would start him over Kane.

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Kane Hamer Sheaf Bidwell
O’Hare Maatsen
Györkeres

S: Wilson, Dabo, Rose, Allen, Jones, Waghorn, Tavares

Can’t see us winning three in a row, will go 1-1. Györkeres to score.

CDK

The comments on here are positive but very wary which in my opinion is absolutely right. Deep down everyone is full of hope. The team have been a joy to watch and their progress has made us all proud. Deep down all Cov supporters like me know that Preston are and always have been a massive bogey team to us. If we get three points from them on Saturday then I will really start to believe.
A boy team is bang on, think a 1-0 either way

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would bring Sheaf in for Allen and otherwise same team, would like to see Tavares and Dabo on for 20/25 minutes. Potentially another for 1 minute

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Agree with that team but Bidwell can't be in the team and on the bench
#He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where#

Strange thing was I put Jones(Shipley) on the bench as well then realised I had too many subs, so took them out. I was wondering how with our small squad I'd got too many...

Users who are viewing this thread