Match Thread PNE (A) Weds 20th Oct, 7.45 (3 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

Fadz form seems to have dropped off a little, could Hyam and JCS play either side of Rose or would we miss his experience too much.

SkyblueTexan

We cannot be so reliant on O'Hare and need to look for alternative options in the January window

Liquid Gold

You've answered your own question.
It's not 6 pointer, worse case scenario we'll still be top 6, that's the not the outcome of a must win game.
The season we won L1 we didn't sort our away form out until December.
People get wrapped up in the outcome of 1 or 2 games and forget to look the bigger picture.

Though I am a bit pissed off that Robins said he was going to change however play away and its just been more of the same since the international break.
But we don't win and we're bang out of form and the pressure is then on other results.

I think we really do need to win it to show we belong and we're not falling away. I think it's important to for morale in the camp.

Just because a game isn't a 6 pointer doesn't mean it isn't more important to get a result in than other games.

We need to get three points here to give us the confidence that we can go to Hull and beat them then take on both Swansea and Bristol. Fail to win this then there is more pressure on another away game, fail to win there and we're at 1 in 7.

We need to keep picking up wins no matter where in the table we are.

Porkchophill

Thought Preston got in our faces closed us down for a 25 minute period , shell shocked us again we seem to struggle when teams push onto us , think the changes came to late we were getting over run in midfield ..

Also clueless at throw ins tonight , just a bad night at the office .. onwards and upwards

ms639

How many of you you wake up with ‘the fear’ after a loss, thinking about what you posted on the forum in a blind fit of rage?

‘Ah shit I’ve done it again haven’t I, comment 932 I got into an argument with nick, then I slagged off grendel, prodoc disagreed with me so gave him a bit too and then finished it off by calling ccfc84cov a c**t, really fucked it when I said robins out’

Can’t wait to beat derby and put fadz up there with nemanja vidic.

The rollercoaster continues

Remember 2 games ago when we absolutely shafted Fulham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

Not saying it would have made the difference tonight as Gyk struggled physically but I am surprised we have not tried the formation that served us well at Blackpool again with 1 up top and lots of runners breaking into the box.

Sky Blue Pete

Thought Preston got in our faces closed us down for a 25 minute period , shell shocked us again we seem to struggle when teams push onto us , think the changes came to late we were getting over run in midfield ..

Also clueless at throw ins tonight , just a bad night at the office .. onwards and upwards
We defended well. Loke I say that header was a 1 or 2 out of 10 efforts header. Sure we should have put our foot on it and been braver but it was far off the worst second half performance of the decade

CCFCSteve

A frustrating second half, we never really had a sniff but we need some perspective. After a poor start to the season they’ve drawn against West Brom and Stoke (and also beaten Swansea). They’ve just been drawing too many games

We missed a fully fit Vik. Hopefully he’ll be ok for Saturday

clint van damme

But we don't win and we're bang out of form and the pressure is then on other results.

I think we really do need to win it to show we belong and we're not falling away. I think it's important to for morale in the camp.

Just because a game isn't a 6 pointer doesn't mean it isn't more important to get a result in than other games.

We need to get three points here to give us the confidence that we can go to Hull and beat them then take on both Swansea and Bristol. Fail to win this then there is more pressure on another away game, fail to win there and we're at 1 in 7.

We need to keep picking up wins no matter where in the table we are.

Having a run of bad results in this league is inevitable for all but two or 3 teams.
Not that I don't think we'll pick up points against the teams you've listed.

My main concern is improving away, think we have to start a bit of shithouse football and go 5-4-1.
Shit to watch but we're making it too easy for teams currently.

Liquid Gold

Not saying it would have made the difference tonight as Gyk struggled physically but I am surprised we have not tried the formation that served us well at Blackpool again with 1 up top and lots of runners breaking into the box.
I think that has to be the option next time around

Nick

Administrator
How many of you you wake up with ‘the fear’ after a loss, thinking about what you posted on the forum in a blind fit of rage?

‘Ah shit I’ve done it again haven’t I, comment 932 I got into an argument with nick, then I slagged off grendel, prodoc disagreed with me so gave him a bit too and then finished it off by calling ccfc84cov a c**t, really fucked it when I said robins out’

Can’t wait to beat derby and put fadz up there with nemanja vidic.

The rollercoaster continues

Remember 2 games ago when we absolutely shafted Fulham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but this is the match thread about tonight?

SlowerThanPlatt

A frustrating second half, we never really had a sniff but we need some perspective. After a poor start to the season they’ve drawn against West Brom and Stoke (and also beaten Swansea). They’ve just been drawing too many games

We missed a fully fit Vik. Hopefully he’ll be ok for Saturday

Taking him off when we needed a goal would suggest the opposite. I hope we haven’t played him when he’s not right and aggravated further

mark82

You might want to sit down, he isn't going to play for us.

Yeah, which is why I said bring someone in who can do something similar. We're just missing that bit of a spark if O'Hare needs to go off or misses any time. Is that not a concern?

Sky Blue Harry H

Having a run of bad results in this league is inevitable for all but two or 3 teams.
Not that I don't think we'll pick up points against the teams you've listed.

My main concern is improving away, think we have to start a bit of shithouse football and go 5-4-1.
Shit to watch but we're making it too easy for teams currently.

Next away game is Hull. Hopefully that is a watershed moment.

SkyblueTexan

Yeah, I'm not sure what game the 'Preston are dogshit' merchants were watching. They've played well tonight, and were by far the better side.

I beg to differ. They are a very average team and we contributed to their win by sitting back on a slender lead and inviting pressure. We should have done something about it and gone after the second goal. Their first goal came courtesy of us giving away a needless corner by Maatesen that was recycled in for a goal. That gave them the momentum and the tide turned after that. Still we could have made changes at 1-1, but didn't. We are a much better team than them, but strangely looked dead tired after half-time (also Gyo didn't look right the whole game) and it just seemed we just wanted to sit on the 1-0 lead and see it out the entire second half. If that was our strategy we should have gone to a 4-5-1 formation and packed the midfield instead of being overrun.

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you think we were doing? Literally not trying?

Never said we weren’t trying. Just sort of passively accepted the pressure of hoofs into the box which really is all it seems to take.

If we can’t compete in the air we need to work twice as hard at stopping the cross.

Grendel

We were one up you don’t change it then. Walker gets the pen and it’s a different game

it wasn’t a penalty anyway stop straw clutching it was poor decision making - we were not looking comfortable with either wing back defensively at all in tbe first half and it just got worse. Both were pulled around and Kelly was poor all game. I was amazed Kane wasn’t on at half time

SlowerThanPlatt

it wasn’t a penalty anyway stop straw clutching it was poor decision making - we were not looking comfortable with either wing back defensively at all in tbe first half and it just got worse. Both were pulled around and Kelly was poor all game. I was amazed Kane wasn’t on at half time
For Maatsen or Dabo?

Sky Blue Pete

Oh well differing opinions. We were open in the middle for sure but they didn’t look like scoring all first half. Rose needed to pass the ball earlier and we needed to keep the 5 at the back and work the ball forward and not allow ourselves to be overrun. You really don’t like Dabo for some reason. He was good second half fought really well. Could easily have won 1-0

Grendel

What we need (please don't laugh) is someone like Bright who is a wild card and can make things happen when we need it. Could've done with that tonight. Needs to sort his shit out or we need to bring someone in who can do similar to what he did for us in league one.

no we needed someone to stop then attacking the flanks and get a foothold in midfield

Nick

Administrator
Oh well differing opinions. We were open in the middle for sure but they didn’t look like scoring all first half. Rose needed to pass the ball earlier and we needed to keep the 5 at the back and work the ball forward and not allow ourselves to be overrun

Pretty sure you were telling people in the second half it was fine?

Grendel

We defended well. Loke I say that header was a 1 or 2 out of 10 efforts header. Sure we should have put our foot on it and been braver but it was far off the worst second half performance of the decade

We didn’t defend well. The wide defensive players were poor all night

pusbccfc

What we need (please don't laugh) is someone like Bright who is a wild card and can make things happen when we need it. Could've done with that tonight. Needs to sort his shit out or we need to bring someone in who can do similar to what he did for us in league one.

100%

Take O'Hare out of that team and there is very little running at defenders.

When Dabo and Maatsen are on it, they are the alternative threat.

For 20 minutes at 2-1 down, we had absolutely nothing. I'd have put my house on us not scoring once he took O'Hare and Gyok off.

Users who are viewing this thread