Plymouth shooting (1 Viewer)

covmark

Can't they just go on match.com like most people who struggle with initial face-to-face?
You'll probably find most have them have, and been rejected. Of course, then blaming the women, and then getting angered by the rejection.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

COV

Had heard of them and knew about the Elliot Rodger attack but wasn't aware of the other attacks until today nor that part of the black pill philosophy is to encourage mass murder, obviously there's going to be a massive light shone on them in this country now.

Wonder how many there are in the UK?

this is the thing- as someone above said, with internet access for all its a scary thought. Going by social media far too many, and as they don’t (I think) fall into the more recognised categories who knows if they’re being monitored in the same way? I can’t get my head around it, misogyny I mean- just the weirdest thing to take to such extremes

D

Deleted member 4439

From the one or two posts I've read oy seems like the anger is turned into misogyny, but that is the effect. The cause seems to be more the pressure of being male.

Liquid Gold

From the one or two posts I've read oy seems like the anger is turned into misogyny, but that is the effect. The cause seems to be more the pressure of being male.
The pressures of being a man. What a load of bullshit.

Most men are under pressure and don’t turn into murderous misogynists.

Most women are under more pressure and danger than men but don’t turn into murderous misandrists.

D

Deleted member 4439

The pressures of being a man. What a load of bullshit.

Most men are under pressure and don’t turn into murderous misogynists.

Most women are under more pressure and danger than men but don’t turn into murderous misandrists.

Whilst you may not feel any pressure, you shouldn't then project that state against the very well known wealth of evidence of that around men's heath and male subsides. It's also the case that men face the most violence and murder.

Introducing another statement into the equation, that women are often are not killers (most likely due to not having the same testosterone levels and culture envelope) doe not counter the point.

So many keyboard warriors.

hill83

Whilst you may not feel any pressure, you shouldn't then project that state against the very well known wealth of evidence of that around men's heath and male subsides. It's also the case that men face the most violence and murder.

Introducing another statement into the equation, that women are often are not killers (most likely due to not having the same testosterone levels and culture envelop) doe not counter the point.

What are you trying to achieve?

clint van damme

Introducing another statement into the equation, that women are often are not killers (most likely due to not having the same testosterone levels and culture envelop) doe not counter the point.

You sound dangerously close to defending these people. And there was nothing keyboard warrior about LGs statement, really weird thing to say.
And I think most of us are well aware of the violence men face, I'm not sure what relevance that has in the case of these people?

Liquid Gold

You sound dangerously close to defending these people. And there was nothing keyboard warrior about LGs statement, really weird thing to say.
And I think most of us are well aware of the violence men face, I'm not sure what relevance that has in the case of these people?
It’s also weird to use the phrase ‘keyboard warrior’ when we’re seeing what can happen when someone gets off their keyboard and starts to act upon things that exist in their mad online cliques.

D

Deleted member 4439

I feel quite offended by that. I think, like Grendel, I will simply bow out of this.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had heard of them and knew about the Elliot Rodger attack but wasn't aware of the other attacks until today nor that part of the black pill philosophy is to encourage mass murder, obviously there's going to be a massive light shone on them in this country now.

Wonder how many there are in the UK?

Just a short time after Rodger's shooting I read his 'manifesto' which tells all you need to know about this way of thinking and that there are probably a lot of young men in a similar mindset to a lesser extent. Can't envy women of that age all that much when turning down interest carries a fatality risk

oakey

"It's also the case that men face the most violence and murder."
Baffled by this assertion.
Male violence is the root cause here. Just because violent men attack other men too doesn't detract from the fact that male violence is the curse on human society.
It's not just testosterone it's males and females being conditioned to believe alpha males are entitled to be dominant and females (and other males) must accommodate them in some way.
I do feel sorry for boys but mainly because they are not taught to pipe down, stop being pushy and learn to be kind when they're little. They're encouraged to dominate spaces and win.

shmmeee

This could easily get into black hole of philosophy or semantics, but I think that if you called incel a pollical philosophy and the killing as a terrorist act then the words will soon become meaningless

Sorry don’t see why this is the case at all. Not sure how much you’ve read up on this but it’s very much a political ideology just like the ones listed on your wiki link.

C3ABFCA5-BFA1-49EF-A72B-D56BE0AA02EC.jpeg

If that’s not trying to use violence to change how society functions I’m really not sure what is.

stay_up_skyblues

So this bastard‘s shotgun had been confiscated from him following an assault and then returned to him in July. Assuming he was, by that stage, balls deep in his online hatred bollocks then it isn’t a good look for the decision makers.

Im at a loss as to why in this country anyone is allowed to own a fire arm in any circumstance. Even farmers, surely there is a less lethal option for pest control? Would an air rifle not deter a fox or rabbit?!

D

Deleted member 4439

Or you could try and explain why I'm wrong but fair enough.

There is a very ugly trait on this forum, and which seems to be getting worse, which is to take a statement or comment, add on a non sequitur or ad hominem, and direct anger and aggression at another poster.

If you look at my posts, I argued two points, one was whether the killer was mentally instable, and latched onto a meme that fuelled his hate, or, whether he was politically motivated. That seems to me to be a rational area of debate, and yet it just brings attacks and outrage.

In supporting the view that this was a man who was mentally instable, rather than politically motivated, I made reference to the fact that the posts on the incel site seemed to be motivated by the felt pressure to be a man (cause, individual feelings) with the effect of misogyny, rather than misogyny itself being the originating cause. I then get a barrage of posts with a non sequitur, about the 'pressure of being a man', as if I was arguing that point that simply making an observation of what the posters were saying, and towards the point I have made above.

That's all, a position of debate over whether this was 'politically motivated'. Yet, in common with so many posts here, before you know it I'm defending the guy, and otherwise subject to other's misplaced anger.

I don't do social media other than this forum, but I'm now seeing posts from people who I thought were, yes a little edgy, but fair and reasonable. I've always been socially naive. and I see I have been equally naive about this particular social media.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

its an act by an individual and once he’s dead there is no longer a threat. If it’s a terrorist act like say the IRA Warrington bombing their is obviously then a state of high alert. A nut job as a loner dies I don’t think we need to believe a follow up act will occur.

Is it an individual any more than say a lone wolf Islamist fundamentalist going around killing people then killing themselves? Is there no longer a threat from them because the individual that carried out the attack is dead?

The Incel movement seems to have entrenched his views and helped him become radicalised. Is that much different to Islamic fundamentalism?

shmmeee

There is a very ugly trait on this forum, and which seems to be getting worse, which is to take a statement or comment, add on a non sequitur or ad hominem, and direct anger and aggression at another poster.

If you look at my posts, I argued two points, one was whether the killer was mentally instable, and latched onto a meme that fuelled his hate, or, whether he was politically motivated. That seems to me to be a rational area of debate, and yet it just brings attacks and outrage.

In supporting the view that this was a man who was mentally instable, rather than politically motivated, I made reference to the fact that the posts on the incel site seemed to be motivated by the felt pressure to be a man (cause, individual feelings) with the effect of misogyny, rather than misogyny itself being the originating cause. I then get a barrage of posts with a non sequitur, about the 'pressure of being a man', as if I was arguing that point that simply making an observation of what the posters were saying, and towards the point I have made above.

That's all, a position of debate over whether this was 'politically motivated'. Yet, in common with so many posts here, before you know it I'm defending the guy, and otherwise subject to other's misplaced anger.

I don't do social media other than this forum, but I'm now seeing posts from people who I thought were, yes a little edgy, but fair and reasonable. I've always been socially naive. and I see I have been equally naive about this particular social media.

Why do you think mental instability and politics are mutually exclusive?

IMO you’re asking the wrong question. You’re asking *why* do people want to change the world whereas the bar for politics is *do* people want to change the world.

Black Pill Incels do have an ideology/manifesto for societal change. That makes it a political ideology. They do use violence to attempt to achieve their ideology, that’s makes them terrorists.

Why they’re terrorists is neither here nor there.

The equivalent in radical Islam is the people saying “but we keep invading their countries”. Well yeah, and there’s a debate to be had there, but it neither excuses the terrorism, nor makes it not terrorism.

Users who are viewing this thread