Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Defensively mve was so good second half we don’t half find fault quickly
Agree the first 60 minutes let’s be honest we weren’t great as a team, MvE far better second half probably after a kick up the butt at half-time, made a big difference.
Simms in from start. Wright on left
Thomas, Kitching and Bidders all back (did not appreciate just what a difference Thomas makes until he came on yesterday).
Lati or Eccles? Lati if he can play like he did 2nd half yesterday. Bit of an ask tho.
Get the ball to Sakamoto when he has a chance to do something with it
They are good at home but specialize in high scoring matches so no chance at all of a clean sheet. 1-3
I think the position for Joel is the same he plays internationally for Jamaica holds that spot in front of defence can get around the pitch too and good cover in defence.

David O'Day

Kitching is back?
Collins
MvE
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
Sake
O'Hare
Wright
Simms

Could be a tricky away game so need the best 11 we can put out

Potential to reast 1 or 2 vs. Stoke as II watched a stream of their game Saturday and they look really, really bad.

Offhegoes

Think we need to start with a solid lineup for this one. Frustrate them, and then start picking them off later in the game.
Kitching Thomas & Bidwell back into the defense.
I'd consider Eccles & Kelly starting in midfield and give Torp a rest
Palmer AM
Simms, Wright & Godden as the front 3
O'Hare, Sakamoto & Torp available if things are not going well.

PVA

I can see one of O’Hare and Sakmoto being rested from the start, I don’t think both of them will be though.

slowpoke

Think we need to start with a solid lineup for this one. Frustrate them, and then start picking them off later in the game.
Kitching Thomas & Bidwell back into the defense.
I'd consider Eccles & Kelly starting in midfield and give Torp a rest
Palmer AM
Simms, Wright & Godden as the front 3
O'Hare, Sakamoto & Torp available if things are not going well.
Torp at least will start and I can’t see Joel L not starting

JSL

Lets be honest, we don't have the squad depth of fit players to be resting anyone. We only have four recognised fit outfield players and three of those are primarily defenders.

Hertsccfc

Lets be honest, we don't have the squad depth of fit players to be resting anyone. We only have four recognised fit outfield players and three of those are primarily defenders.
We have to use the squad and that includes playing some of the young players if necessary given the number of matches coming up. Otherwise we will get more injuries of the type Sheaf has.

SkyblueTexan

With so many games coming thick and fast and with no Sheaf and Allen, and with Saka and COH being kicked at from pillar to post, we need to rest/rotate the squad as much as we can.

Apart from Collins in goal (who is undroppable), I think Thomas, Kitching. Bidwell, Palmer and Simms should be able to start as they didn't play the full 90 mins on Sunday.

Wright needs to start after recently returning from injury and is best suited on the left versus centrally. Lati (who hasn't played many games of late) for DM, Torp (who has come back from a winter break and getting up to speed) in the AM role, Eccles for RWB (to give MVE a breather), Kelly (to give a break to Saka and COH) in the other DM role.

I know it seems like a weakened lineup, but hopefully we can hold the fort until we introduce subs.

procdoc

Can see us starting like this. I am probably way off!
Collins
Lati Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Torp
Simms Palmer Wright
Godden

Wilson
O’Hare
Binks
Dasilva
Sakamoto
MVE
Kelly
Stretton
Tavares

Legia Sky Blue

I want Saka to play this match as I think its a game that could suit him. Their wing backs like to get forward which could leave him a lot of space to operate in when they lose possession. The Stoke game is one where he is more likely to be subject to the over physical defending he has faced recently and one which might be more suitable for him to be rested, although I would probably still want to play in that game too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would be nice to rest and rotate, but not sure we've got quite enoufg as back-up to win.

Would go our strongest defence, which is a bit harsh on Binks but I'd just feel more confident with it.

Considered Lati at CM but again not sure if he's quite good enough there from the start, same Kelly.

Would give one of COH, Palmer or Saka a rest. Ideally Saka but could Palmer switch sides?

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Torp O'Hare
Saka Simms Wright

Would be looking for a win but a draw wouldn't be a disaster at this stage.

Sky Blue Harry H

I want Saka to play this match as I think its a game that could suit him. Their wing backs like to get forward which could leave him a lot of space to operate in when they lose possession. The Stoke game is one where he is more likely to be subject to the over physical defending he has faced recently and one which might be more suitable for him to be rested, although I would probably still want to play in that game too.

Ironically, the big criticism of Stoke fans about Schumacher's tactics, is that their fullbacks are too far up the pitch, leaving their 2 centre backs exposed all the time. That should suit MVE and Saka, as well as Wright. Don't know if Plymouth are playing the same way or not (as they were recently managed by the same bloke)?

Martin180

Collins
MvE Thomas Binks JdS
Eccles Torp
Saka Palmer Wright
Simms

Would be my team . Wouldn’t argue if Lati came in for MvE or Bidwell for JdS. Think Binks starts as he’s been really good in Kitchings absence .
Up top pick 3 from 4 behind Simms who surely must start

Gibbo

Be harsh on Binks if he was dropped. Definitely start Thomas , Wright has to play left and Simms to start .
Could Lati start RB , MvE hasn't been great last two games.?
Two big games coming up , 4 points would be nice
I wonder if Binks is positionally disciplined enough for Robins? He wanders all around the place (even more than Thomas).

Gibbo

Bizarre post . So you drop a midfielder who has been one of our most consistent performers based on half an hour of someone sitting deep and winning tackles ?
It's so bizarre, it's exactly what Robins did on Sunday that led to the turn around, but hey ho

Gibbo

I suspect fans want to rotate far more than managers, particularly at this level.

The only area we have the squad strength to do it is in defence and Kitching is back from his enforced rotation anyway

So I want/expect a full strength team as we need 3 points from this one and it is not Leeds we are playing where you need to set up special. Just please, please give Simms a go from the start and be prepared to play it long sometimes

Martin180

I suspect fans want to rotate far more than managers, particularly at this level.

The only area we have the squad strength to do it is in defence and Kitching is back from his enforced rotation anyway

So I want/expect a full strength team as we need 3 points from this one and it is not Leeds we are playing where you need to set up special. Just please, please give Simms a go from the start and be prepared to play it long sometimes
Totally agree with Simms , he adds so much in the 9 role just needs a goal

Johhny Blue

I wonder if Binks is positionally disciplined enough for Robins? He wanders all around the place (even more than Thomas).
I noticed Da Silva popped up on the right wing against Millwall. Thomas has already had a successful 30 second cameo as a centre forward. I love it.

Gibbo

Because we were chasing a game

That is a backwards argument if ever there was one. He made changes because we were losing - we then won - so lets go back to the team that was losing - because as we were chasing the game the changes don't really count.

He wanted more physical presence in the midfield, and Lati provided that Maybe he will view Plymouth as a different kettle of fish, not so physical as Millwall. I think Eccles v Lati is a close call. Lati was crap in the role v Bristol bit was a real enforcer on Sunday.

Martin180

That is a backwards argument if ever there was one. He made changes because we were losing - we then won - so lets go back to the team that was losing - because as we were chasing the game the changes don't really count.

He wanted more physical presence in the midfield, and Lati provided that Maybe he will view Plymouth as a different kettle of fish, not so physical as Millwall. I think Eccles v Lati is a close call. Lati was crap in the role v Bristol bit was a real enforcer on Sunday.
You’ve just argued exactly my point .
Eccles and Torp are very similar in the roles they play , Torp is undoubtedly more creative . Like I said on the match thread straight after the game Lati played his holding role brilliantly and allowed Torp way more freedom .
Starting a game Eccles starts for me cause like you said Lati was dreadful at 0-0 against Bristol City . Horses for courses and shows the flexibilty of the squad

Gibbo

I noticed Da Silva popped up on the right wing against Millwall. Thomas has already had a successful 30 second cameo as a centre forward. I love it.
There has been nothing in the last 6-7 years of Robins to suggest he likes that sort of stuff. He is strictly discipline - you can see the way they follow strict instructions in certain situations and ironically it is often when they do the discipline stuff that pisses off people on here on matchday threads, but the discipline is why we have so overperformed.

Suspect Thomas would have been bollocked if he had not scored

Users who are viewing this thread