Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Where you taking godden for his pre match valentines meal?
Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Tomh111

I went to watch Plymouth away last week at Swansea ( I have a good mate who is a Plymouth fan).

They're not very good, January has very much upset the apple cart. Whittaker is the only threat, but he's been played wider since Schumacher left.

He text me today after we won, saying he was not expecting much. They are apparently looking completely exhausted and lack depth to rotate players.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't win, even away.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

MikeyMoo

Yep, we should be aiming to win all our February games, March and April will be much tougher. Away game against 20th-placed Plymouth won't be easy but we have enough to open them up. We should also be able to keep a clean sheet for once! 2-0 Coventry.

ptr

Will be a difficult game but we have more than enough.

Whittaker a very good player. Big decision to see who put against him. Bidwell or Dasilva?

mmttww

Bidwell in; Whittaker scares me.

Collins
MvE
Thomas
Binks
Bidwell
Eccles
Torp
O'Hare
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright

otherwise, f*ck rotation! Run in starts now.

no_loyalty

Tough game this as Plymouth home form is decent, would take a point.

1-1.

SleepyGinger

Saddle usually pretty reliable for team news and he said we’ll rest a few here so maybe some rotation. Tats MVE OHare main candidates for a rest?

Yorkshire SB

Saddle usually pretty reliable for team news and he said we’ll rest a few here so maybe some rotation. Tats MVE OHare main candidates for a rest?

Who are we bringing in though?

Godden, Simms, Bidwell and Thomas the only first team regulars who didn’t start today and are available. Can’t imagine both Simms and Godden will start.

napolimp

I'd like to maybe see some rotation before Stoke.

Collins
MVE - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell
Latibeaudiere - Eccles
Palmer - Torp - Wright
Simms

Obviously this would never happen.

Astute

Must win? We reached 6th. Then we got 1 point from 2 games. 1 more win and back in 6th with a 2 point gap to 8th and below.

Apart from Whittaker they are quite average at best. My son in law to be is a Plymouth supporter. They're not looking forward to our game. They've had a better season than they expected. Staying up was the aim. They look safe so well done. But as others have said happy with a point.

Martin180

Be harsh on Binks if he was dropped. Definitely start Thomas , Wright has to play left and Simms to start .
Could Lati start RB , MvE hasn't been great last two games.?
Two big games coming up , 4 points would be nice

Astute

Be harsh on Binks if he was dropped. Definitely start Thomas , Wright has to play left and Simms to start .
Could Lati start RB , MvE hasn't been great last two games.?
Two big games coming up , 4 points would be nice
Including todays game we have 3 games in 6 days. A bit of rotation is needed. But at least we have Kitching back after his suspension.

Then we have 6 days off which is a luxury these days before the games start to pile up again.

ptr

Potentially a few changes for this one as hinted. Can’t see O’hare and Saka starting after today. Both took some heavy knocks.

Could Tavares get 60 mins? Or possibly a front 3 of Wright Godden and Simms?

Astute

You’d take a draw against Plymouth but I fancy us to take advantage of their attacking play by hitting them on the counter. 3-1 to City.
They have a good home record. They score lots but let lots in. Whittaker will take some stopping. A draw there isn't a bad result.

The game on Saturday against Stoke is a different matter though 😁

Martin180

Potentially a few changes for this one as hinted. Can’t see O’hare and Saka starting after today. Both took some heavy knocks.

Could Tavares get 60 mins? Or possibly a front 3 of Wright Godden and Simms?
I don't think a Tavares start is imminent

Users who are viewing this thread