Match Thread Plymouth (A)- Wednesday 14th Feb (5 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Plymouth have had some difficult fxtures lately, two fa cup games against Leeds and extra time and a massive trionto Sunderland and back for them at the weekend. Hoping they are a bit tired and we can take advantage

Martin180

Neither do I, just can’t see Saka or O’hare starting and we haven’t got many alternatives. Can’t keep giving Saka 90 although he seems robust enough.
O'Hare has always been a fit , resilient player for us . Sakamoto seems very similar in that respect . Agree one of them might need a rest but I wouldn't rest both in the same game

Gibbo

I am afraid I am going to have to say goodbye to two of my favourite players - Palmer and Eccles. They have to be 'squad' from here on. Torp has changed the whole mix of midfield

Martin180

I am afraid I am going to have to say goodbye to two of my favourite players - Palmer and Eccles. They have to be 'squad' from here on. Torp has changed the whole mix of midfield
Bizarre post . So you drop a midfielder who has been one of our most consistent performers based on half an hour of someone sitting deep and winning tackles ?

Martin180

But it is exactly what he did today - parked outside the box, giving Millwall a hard time. I was as surprised as anybody
He didn't and doesn't drive forward .
He played well today in a role that suited us chasing the game . To suggest he can suddenly become a Hamer is frankly strange

Astute

Personally I see them both as our two most underrated players.

Maybe next season with new players coming in. But they both have a big role to play this season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't feel the need to hate a player because I don't mind another who plays same position that's why.

Crazy I know

I expect some rotation and the squad to be used.

Oh right, so any difference of opinion is now classed as hating a player? I feel sorry for the pupils in your critical thinking class!

It's strange you would go to such lengths to defend a player only then to drop him from your starting 11. It's almost as if you're trying to provoke arguments on the internet for no reason. You would never do that though would you?

Astute

Oh right, so any difference of opinion is now classed as hating a player? I feel sorry for the pupils in your critical thinking class!

It's strange you would go to such lengths to defend a player only then to drop him from your starting 11. It's almost as if you're trying to provoke arguments on the internet for no reason. You would never do that though would you?
Provoke arguments for no reason? It's all you ever do these days.

Have you ever thought of trying to talk about football other than calling players shite?

JohnWH

It's been 10(?) matches since we've kept a clean sheet. Can we tighten it up maybe please?

Going to say a 1-0 win. Milan or Torp, to shake up the score card

Mucca Mad Boys

They have a good home record. They score lots but let lots in. Whittaker will take some stopping. A draw there isn't a bad result.

The game on Saturday against Stoke is a different matter though 😁
It’s a tough game and one that we can definitely lose if we don’t keep our wits about us. A draw keeps us on track but believe we’ll hold the line and catch them on break.

SkyBlueMatt

Bidwell is better defensively, Whittaker is probably their most dangerous player.

Just because someone rates DaSilva, doesn't mean that they can't see the strengths of another.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Astute

It’s a tough game and one that we can definitely lose if we don’t keep our wits about us. A draw keeps us on track but believe we’ll hold the line and catch them on break.
I agree but don't want to get my hopes up.

Have seen a few of their games this season. They are good going forward, mainly through Whittaker. But they're also a bit fragile at the back. That's why I think it will be a goalfest. The game I'm looking forward to the most this month.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Bidwell is better defensively, Whittaker is probably their most dangerous player.

Just because someone rates DaSilva, doesn't mean that they can't see the strengths of another.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

If someone wants to criticise those expressing concern over a player, they haven't really got a leg to stand on if they also don't have the confidence to back the same player.

Astute

If someone wants to criticise those expressing concern over a player, they haven't really got a leg to stand on if they also don't have the confidence to back the same player.
If you knew anything about football you would know different players suit different games.

Plymouth are going to attack us more than most. It's a game that suits Bidwell more. He is better defensively. That doesn't mean anyone is shite or Bidwell is better. It's all about tactics. We're going to be backs to the wall at times.

SkyblueTexan

Keith Stroud is reffing this. Sure to be some dubious calls. Hope we can win this, but Plymouth are good at home.

Astute

Keith Stroud is reffing this. Sure to be some dubious calls. Hope we can win this, but Plymouth are good at home.
I can't remember the last game where there wasn't either dubious decisions or physical attacks on our players that got totally missed. Saka isn't getting any protection from the ref at all.

Thinking about it we did have a ref that stopped the game at a corner because of how the other side was manhandling our players in the box and warned their players at the start of the game. Nipped it in the bud. But nothing since.

covcity4life

Really?

I've not gone to any lengths to defend him. I said he had a good second half. But rotation is important too.

I'm a big Palmer fan but also didn't include him in my 11 Vs Plymouth

It's really weird that you think you have to dislike a player to not start them every game

Sky Blue Pete

Be harsh on Binks if he was dropped. Definitely start Thomas , Wright has to play left and Simms to start .
Could Lati start RB , MvE hasn't been great last two games.?
Two big games coming up , 4 points would be nice
Defensively mve was so good second half we don’t half find fault quickly

Last edited:

Astute

Kitching doesn’t come straight in for me. Binks should keep his place in the team. Thomas comes in for Lati at the back. Bidwell as well for JDS.
He does for me.

We're playing a game about every 3 days for a bit now. Our freshest good defender is Kitching. Just served his second ban 😆 Use it to give a bit of rest for the others.

slowpoke

Thought Binks was superb again yesterday, he moved across more central (centre-half) and won everything tackles, headers good distribution, assuming everyone is fit & being an away game could Robins go three at the back with wing backs Joel & Torp midfield ?
plus three forwards from O’Hare, Palmer, Saka, Wright (probably a shoe in) Simms/ Godden, either way our bench is strong that will be important.

Gibbo

Simms in from start. Wright on left
Thomas, Kitching and Bidders all back (did not appreciate just what a difference Thomas makes until he came on yesterday).
Lati or Eccles? Lati if he can play like he did 2nd half yesterday. Bit of an ask tho.
Get the ball to Sakamoto when he has a chance to do something with it
They are good at home but specialize in high scoring matches so no chance at all of a clean sheet. 1-3

Users who are viewing this thread