Please God don't let Kevin Kilbane play for us ever again (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Kevin Kilbane has started eight games being taken off once, in those eight league starts he has been awful. Callum Ball hasn't started a game this season, the most he has played was the 45 minutes on Saturday. Before then he was getting 10 minutes at the end of games. Therefore I've seen enough of Kilbane to know he is surplus to requirements as Hussey can be reserve left back. As for Ball I didn't write him off, I just stated he was overweight and unfit which he was. Robins is getting him fitter, which was clear on Saturday as he looked more mobile. At the end of the day would you rather keep Kilbane on the wage bill, or get rid and bring in an young hungry player who doesn't see the move as a nice little retirement package.

shy_tall_knight

I think KK is a spent force. Looking at his stats his career was over when hull transferred him to Huddersfield in Jan 2011, although they were challenging for promotion and he was a regular it is still the third division of English football. He had a serious back injury at derby and missed most of last season but he was no longer a regular in their team. IMO he has always been a limited footballer but with a great workrate and stamina. As he has got older the mind may bestill willing but the body isn't. Can't think of a position where he would be suitable for us currently.

WestEndAgro

I think KK is a spent force. Looking at his stats his career was over when hull transferred him to Huddersfield in Jan 2011, although they were challenging for promotion and he was a regular it is still the third division of English football. He had a serious back injury at derby and missed most of last season but he was no longer a regular in their team. IMO he has always been a limited footballer but with a great workrate and stamina. As he has got older the mind may bestill willing but the body isn't. Can't think of a position where he would be suitable for us currently.

Impossible to argue with any of this, I couldn't have put it better, so won't !

psgm1

Banned
He could improve under robins?

How? He has been a premier league player for around a decade!

I wish people would saying such assernine comments. If a player hasn't learnt his trade by mid 20's he will NEVER learn! Same goes for Baker 29, Hussey (23), Cody (26), and jennings (27). I'm sure there are more, but you get my point.

There is only so much turd polishing Robins can possibly do. He needs to have a total clearout and start again.

Which considering maggot claimed every manager said their was quality throughout I find to be at least a stretch of the truth and at worst a downright lie.

covcity4life

How? He has been a premier league player for around a decade!

I wish people would saying such assernine comments. If a player hasn't learnt his trade by mid 20's he will NEVER learn! Same goes for Baker 29, Hussey (23), Cody (26), and jennings (27). I'm sure there are more, but you get my point.

There is only so much turd polishing Robins can possibly do. He needs to have a total clearout and start again.

Which considering maggot claimed every manager said their was quality throughout I find to be at least a stretch of the truth and at worst a downright lie.

many people believe that baker has improved under robins.....:whistle:

hill83

Football scouts do it all the time! So yes you can, and they do all the time.!!!

Obviously a professional scout can, but you and your negative buddy can't, because you know fuck all really, lets be honest. He MIGHT, improve, he's only 35, he's played over 100 international games, and he hasn't been that bad.
Like I said before, it's unlikely, it's not a case of improvement like he's suddenly going to have pace. He is obviously talented, he's played about 8 games for us? It's an entirely different thing to Malaga, who has never achieved anything.

torchomatic

Remind me how many people were complaining after his last minute penalty and his strike against Birmingham?

Grendel

Remind me how many people were complaining after his last minute penalty and his strike against Birmingham?

No one. The thread title makes me uncomfortable. He shows commitment. For some reason when older players struggle they get far more stick than others. There are numerous examples at this club. He hasn't been great but not as bad as some.

LJC_CCFC

No one. The thread title makes me uncomfortable. He shows commitment. For some reason when older players struggle they get far more stick than others. There are numerous examples at this club. He hasn't been great but not as bad as some.

Oh dear, he has been the worst player this season

WestEndAgro

Name one player who has been worse considering Kilbanes supposed QUALITY

Grendel

Oh dear, he has been the worst player this season

Is that a factual statement based off some form of statistical analysis or just your view?

Grendel

Name one player who has been worse considering Kilbanes supposed QUALITY

Define worse - pass completion ratio, tackles made and won - what is the definition?

WestEndAgro

Define worse - pass completion ratio, tackles made and won - what is the definition?

Adequate fitness, pace, desire, ability, Kilbane offers none of these, and I could probably add a dozen more if I could be bothered, in a nut shell he is beyond useless. Just my opinion though.

Grendel

Adequate fitness, pace, desire, ability, Kilbane offers none of these, and I could probably add a dozen more if I could be bothered, in a nut shell he is beyond useless. Just my opinion though.

As you say your opinion and ultimately subjective.

Grendel

Do you actually think he's been good?

He has been average - no worse and no better than the majority of players his season. He has been singled out due to age and I assume expectancy. There are many examples of this in the past.
David Bell is another singled out as he has been handed what many perceive a contract that is far too generous.
He is judged not just by performance but because there is a suspicion he is here because he needs one last payday.

LJC_CCFC

He has been average - no worse and no better than the majority of players his season. He has been singled out due to age and I assume expectancy. There are many examples of this in the past.
David Bell is another singled out as he has been handed what many perceive a contract that is far too generous.
He is judged not just by performance but because there is a suspicion he is here because he needs one last payday.

Bell has played a handful of good games for us and has scored a couple of stunning goals, but in general been rubbish. If both Bell and Kilbane had played well consistently then I wouldn't care what contract/wages they get, the fact is that they are not good enough so I would rather see the money spent elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread