Player ratings (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Moore 7.
Bit shaky at first (IMHO) but then came good.

Dabo 8.
I really rate Dabo. Stepped up to playing CD even though it’s not his natural position, kicked the floor but didn’t let his head drop. Good second half.

McFadzean 9.
He’s old and slow but did a great job. Plus one for getting the winner. Fitting on Curtis day that the big skipper defender did that.

Hyam 8
Did a good job.

Da Costa 5.
Liability.
Substituted for
Rose 7 at 45'minutes
Rose did really well. Changed the game

Hamer 6.
Probably our most technically gifted player- did ok but not fireworks.

Sheaf 7.
I’m not a fan but there were some moments of class.

Maatsen 7.
Did ok. Substituted for

Jones 10
at 70'minutes. I’m giving JJ 10 for the sheer fight and grit at getting back.

O'Hare 10.
Without him we get nil points. Class act. Hope Villa don’t want him back to replace JG.

Waghorn 7.
ok. Lively. All Action

Substituted for

Walker 5 69'minutes
Im not sure about Walker. Just doesn’t seem interested half the time.

Gyokores 8
Kept fighting. Scored.

Grendel

Moore 7.
Bit shaky at first (IMHO) but then came good.

Dabo 8.
I really rate Dabo. Stepped up to playing CD even though it’s not his natural position, kicked the floor but didn’t let his head drop. Good second half.

McFadzean 9.
He’s old and slow but did a great job. Plus one for getting the winner. Fitting on Curtis day that the big skipper defender did that.

Hyam 8
Did a good job.

Da Costa 5.
Liability.
Substituted for
Rose 7 at 45'minutes
Rose did really well. Changed the game

Hamer 6.
Probably our most technically gifted player- did ok but not fireworks.

Sheaf 7.
I’m not a fan but there were some moments of class.

Maatsen 7.
Did ok. Substituted for

Jones 10
at 70'minutes. I’m giving JJ 10 for the sheer fight and grit at getting back.

O'Hare 10.
Without him we get nil points. Class act. Hope Villa don’t want him back to replace JG.

Waghorn 7.
ok. Lively. All Action

Substituted for

Walker 5 69'minutes
Im not sure about Walker. Just doesn’t seem interested half the time.

Gyokores 8
Kept fighting. Scored.

fucking hell

jackdg

go on then… only had an eye and a half on the game with kids around so read it as:

Moore 6.5 - couple of iffy kicks and missed one when coming out but nothing too scary, fairly solid
DaCosta 5 - got forward well but not able to do anything with it
Dabo 6 - much better at RWB but passable in the ‘Kyle Walker’ role. Unlucky for the goal
Hyam 6 - should’ve done more for the goal
McFadzean 7 - solid, especially keen on the Gridiron tackle for the yellow card
Maatsen 7 - looks to have something about him, definitely going to be an outlet going forward.
Sheaf 6.5 - Shite 1st half, better 2nd half
Hamer 6 -Shiter 1st half, better 2nd half
O’Hare 8 - everything good we do going forward has something to do with him. His foul winning could be fruitful with Waghorns set pieces
Waghorn 6 - fine, out of the game 1st half
Gyokeres 6.5 - put him self about

Rose 7 - benefited from not being associated with the first half shitshow, solid in the 2nd half
Jones 6.5 - delighted for him, looked sharp enough but didn’t run with it as much as I was expecting (that might be me misremembering his game - it’s been a while)
Walker 6 - not a lot to mark on really!

robbiekeane

Da Costa 4, I’d bomb squad him after that
Hamer 4 terrible today
O Hare 8 different gravy that lad
McFadz 7 for the goal and that challenge where he came out and just absolutely flattened their player when he was pissed off

Everyone else 6s

SBT

Moore 6 Did what he needed to do on a quiet afternoon

Dacosta 4 Honestly looks like he’s been subbed in from another sport sometimes
Dabo 5 Definitively not a CB. Messed up for their goal. Yet to see the best of him at RWB
McFadzean 6 The usual occasional brainfart, but his aerial ability remains outstanding
Hyam 5 Looked even more confused on the right side than he did on the left
Maatsen 5 Clear technical ability but unclear yet what his main strengths are. We’re asking a lot of him.

Hamer 5 A generous score. Needs to pull his finger out. His vision outstrips his actual ability at the moment.
Sheaf 6 Did well in a more physical role than we’re used to seeing him be asked to play
O’Hare 7 MOTM Only player who looked capable of creating something out of nothing, thank god he did

Gyokeres 6 Anonymous in the first half, grew into the game in the second. Not a target man but good linkup play. Loved the celebration
Waghorn 5 Didn’t really get into the game at all. Have to wonder if he’d work better in a different formation/partnership

Rose 6 Looked much more accomplished at LCB than Hyam ever has done. Why hasn’t he played there before?
Walker 6 Outstanding movement off the ball and clearly gave Forest more to think about than Waghorn
Jones 6 Fair play to him playing out of position, although he wasn’t tested defensively at all. The tricks are still there, and will come of use

Robins deserves some credit for changing things early enough to put Forest on the back foot, but what he was thinking with his starting XI, I do not know. Defensive reinforcements can’t come soon enough.

Atmosphere looked rubbish on TV so I’m not sad to have missed out on being there at all, no sir.

COV

Moore 7
Dabo 7
McFadzean 8
Hyam 7
Dacosta 3
Hamer 5
Sheaf 8
Maatsen 7
O'Hare 9
Waghorn 7
Gyokeres 8

Subs

Walker 7
Jones 7
Rose 8

Robins 7
The fans 10

Last edited:

SeaSeeEffCee

Moore 7 - commanding in the air, did what was asked of him. Couldn’t have done much for the goal.
DaCosta 4 - really didn’t offer anything going forward, although was fairly competent at the back.
Dabo 7 - looked a lot more like League One Dabo, some great interplay with O’Hare and defended well.
McFadzean 8 - defended well, and good with the ball. Yellow card was silly.
Hyam 7 - badly out of position for the goal but much better on the right.
Maatsen 6 - did ok, but thought his positioning was a bit all over the place. Looked to have something about him going forward.
Hamer 5 - poor performance from him I thought, too many misplaced passes and tried to over do it too often. Loses his head too quickly as well.
Sheaf 7 - I know he’s the boo boy but thought he was good today. Some nice quick passing in the Forest half and doesn’t give away as much as people make out.
O’Hare 8 - brilliant player, drives us forward and is at the heart of everything good we do.
Waghorn 5 - pretty anonymous, struggling to recall much that he did.
Gyokeres 6 - took his goal well but felt like he had a bit of a dodgy game, works hard but struggles a bit technically.

Rose 7 - really impressed, thought he defended really well and didn’t give them a sniff
Jones 7 - acquitted himself well to an unfamiliar position and looked good on the ball, if not a bit hesitant to run with it but that’s understandable.
Walker 6 - worked hard and occupied the defenders but struggled to get on the ball.

Grendel

Moore 6 Did what he needed to do on a quiet afternoon

Dacosta 4 Honestly looks like he’s been subbed in from another sport sometimes
Dabo 5 Definitively not a CB. Messed up for their goal. Yet to see the best of him at RWB
McFadzean 6 The usual occasional brainfart, but his aerial ability remains outstanding
Hyam 5 Looked even more confused on the right side than he did on the left
Maatsen 5 Clear technical ability but unclear yet what his main strengths are. We’re asking a lot of him.

Hamer 5 A generous score. Needs to pull his finger out. His vision outstrips his actual ability at the moment.
Sheaf 6 Did well in a more physical role than we’re used to seeing him be asked to play
O’Hare 7 MOTM Only player who looked capable of creating something out of nothing, thank god he did

Gyokeres 6 Anonymous in the first half, grew into the game in the second. Not a target man but good linkup play. Loved the celebration
Waghorn 5 Didn’t really get into the game at all. Have to wonder if he’d work better in a different formation/partnership

Rose 6 Looked much more accomplished at LCB than Hyam ever has done. Why hasn’t he played there before?
Walker 6 Outstanding movement off the ball and clearly gave Forest more to think about than Waghorn
Jones 6 Fair play to him playing out of position, although he wasn’t tested defensively at all. The tricks are still there, and will come of use

Robins deserves some credit for changing things early enough to put Forest on the back foot, but what he was thinking with his starting XI, I do not know. Defensive reinforcements can’t come soon enough.

Atmosphere looked rubbish on TV so I’m not sad to have missed out on being there at all, no sir.

Danny Thomas liked this post which gave Hamer a lower rating than Sheaf - he’s having a nightmare

Alkhen

O'Hare is brilliant. Those who can't see it and think show ponies like Bright will be better know nothing about football. People moan about end product but if he added that he'd not be here. He'll make us millions.

Fads was great, real hero.

Waghorn will be a good signing, busy as feck. Felt a bit like he was pushing it a bit much today and snatching at stuff or trying silly free kicks. We looked a little more composed when JJ and Walker came on. He will come good.

Moore looks an upgrade when it came to commanding his area and coming for crosses

Lovely to see Jones back, really hope he can put his injuries behind him.

Maatsen looks decent going forward. Lovely touch and control

Sheaf looked better than last year. Think he will be a great signing.

Fans were amazing (apart from the usual wetwipes on here that have breakdowns about being 1 nil down at halftime)

Last edited:

Gint11

It’s pretty much a given when getting a last minute winner but the passion on the players faces gave me goosebumps.

Poor performance for 70 mins and then the last 20 they were all miles better and taking the game to Forest.

I like our team. A couple of defensive reinforcements and we’ll be fine this year.

long way home

The bench made a difference and that is massive to answering about having a better squad than last season.

Jones will get stronger fitter and be a good player for us. Rose is a very solid looking CB at this level. And Sheaf on this 90 mins looks like he is a better player and improved from last term.

Moore 1 really good save and a few good decisions with crosses. Still not sure if he we have bettered in this area.

Kelly, Bright and Gooden to come in with 2 new loans, today is a perfect start to a long season. But buzzing to hear positive comments about our club from Sky pundits, no doubt MR has this group together and playing for the fans and each other.

Harry_Walker

Moore-7.5 started a little shaky but after that his distribution was good and he made a very good ave just before half time keeping us in the game.

Dabo- 7 struggled at RCB which is understandable especially with them targeting him with long balls to Taylor. Much better in his usual RWB position adding a better attacking outlet down the right hand side and had some good link up play with O’Hare.

McFadzean- 7.5 bit slow moving the ball first 45 but top notch in the air throughout and adds well needed leadership to the side. Fantastic getting the winner

Hyam- 7 think he struggled a little first 45 as Maatsen played very high up and offered very little defensive support to Hyam at times. Pocketed Taylor in the second half which took away their only attacking outlet. After a good end to last season and a strong one to start this he seems to be through his poor patch he showed at the start of the calendar year.

Dacosta- 5 very poor attacking and defensively. Hopefully have to watch him too much this season

Maatsen- 6 not the best of games especially first 45 as he played far too high up and left a left of space down their right. Better second 45 but still not overly impressed

Hamer- 6.5 the only player on the first half who wanted us to go forward and up the pitch. Kept things ticking over in the middle in the second half. Probably a bit of a low rating but we know he’s capable of a lot better

Sheaf- 6 First half was absolutely shocking. Petulant challenge to pick up his yellow card then two minutes later runs the length of the pitch alongside Brennan Johnson not being able take make a tactical foul and ‘take a yellow’ which ended up in them scoring (not solely blaming him for the goal). Second half was a lot better and helped drive us forward at times, need to see that throughout the 90

O’Hare- 8 phenomenal player on the ball and just as good off it with constant closing down and pressing. If he adds goals to his game he’ll be one of the best in the division

Gyokeres- 7 wasn’t a fan of the first half partnership between him and Waghorn as both wanted to do the same stuff. Better in the second half when the other striker worked in sync with him generating space for each other and having someone there to win the flick-ons

Waghorn- 6 not impressed with him today. Would be good alongside Godden I feel but didn’t work well with another striker who like to hold it up.

Subs:
Rose- 7 solid at the back, looked like the rose of 19/20 rather than last season

Walker- 6.5 but himself about very well and caused issues for the centre halves

Jones- 6.5 gave us some attacking intent down the left hand side. Will be interesting if we see him at LWB again but for me was only based on Maatsen being ‘injured’ as it initially seemed like O’Hare was making way.

Jamesimus

Moore - 7 - mainly good distribution, came for crosses, fell over for one and ref gave a free kick. One good save.

Maatzen - 6 - decent debut, maybe a bit dodgy defensively but dangerous going forward a couple of times.

Hyam - 6 - decent.

McFadz - 7 - important goal, good leader.

DaCosta - 4.5 - gets an extra half a point for that aerial challenge that destroyed one of their players. He's a really weird player.

Rose - 7 - Backline looked a lot better with him in it.

Dabo - 6 - bit of a harsh one, and was a lot better when he was playing in his actual position - defensive midfield 😉

Hamer - 6 - Improved in the latter stages of the game where he had more time on the ball to kick it out of play trying something daft. Good delivery when it mattered.

Sheaf - 6 - As good / bad as Hamer. Both rough around the edges. Both play in a very different way which makes the comparisons a bit weird I think. Why did he try to do THAT on the edge of our penalty area!

O Hare - 8 - He does make the wrong decision a lot (even his cross for the equaliser he could have just pulled back to an actual player). But also, he pulls the whole team forward and his enthusiasm is encouraging to the other players alone.

Waghorn - 5 - He touched the ball and had a shot. Got hugged for a cross.

Gorky - 7 - Better as the game went on, a work horse, if a bit clumsy at times.

Walker - 6 - Helped change the game and made space for Gorky being a handful. Was a decent aerial presence when we went long.

Jones - 7 - Left wing back, wtf. Surprisingly tidy on the ball and used it well, didn't get sucked into running at his man when there were better options.

Ref - 4 - Struggled with his fitness towards the end of the first ten minutes.

Notts Forest - A proper team of bottlers. They have some good players, but you could see some of their players didn't want to be there after the equaliser.

DannyThomas_1981

Danny Thomas liked this post which gave Hamer a lower rating than Sheaf - he’s having a nightmare
Answer the following questions Twat - are you happy now that we've offered JJ a new contract despite your loud attempts last year to demand that we didn't? And are you glad that the club didn't accept your advice (to fire Robins for the 4th time) in April?

Sky Blue Pete

Moore - 7 if that’s not a 7 performance I don’t know what is. 3-4 excellent catches
Dacosta - 5 he has such incredible athleticism but football nouse missing
Maatsen - 6.5 touch and pace promising
Dabo - 7 thought he was much more Dabo like second half and did a manful job at cb
Mcfadzean - 8 solid and popped up at the end for the winner
Hyam - 7 much more comfy at right wing back
Sheaf - 7.5 thought he was excellent in parts needs to be more physical
Hamer - 6 but even then his class is there to see and then free kick at the end was perfect for mcfadzean head
Ohare - 8 mom great skill for the equaliser and so busy
Waghorn - 6 ineffective he’s better and will be important for us
Gyokeres - 6.5 came alive when Waghorn went off. Super finish

Rose - 7 adds so much. Still need top quality loans to play and add to the squad but he was excellent
Jones - 6.5 proper footballer very excited to see him around and about the box
Walker - 6.5 movement was excellent if Waghorn doesn’t perk up it will be him and gyokeres up front

Greggs

Moore 7. Crucial save at 1-0
Maarten 4. Poor touches, gave the ball away too much. We improved when he went off
Hyam 7. Solid and reliable with minimal mistakes
Fadz. 8. Leader.
Dabo. 7. Tough first half but imporved when moved to natural position.
Da Costa. 5. Looks a great player and a clown at the same time.
Hamer. 6. Would give him 0 first first half. So many mistakes and gave the ball away far too much. Hands on hips - looked bored. 2nd half different bloke and was superb.
Sheaf. 5. Same as Hamer. They both need to stop giving the thing away in such important positions.
Ohare 8. Great player. Loves playing. Still shit at shooting.
Gorky. 8. Ran the channels, battled for everything, scored! Good signing.
Waghorn. 5. Ran around a bit.

Walker 6 Did alright.
Jones 7. Better LWB than Maarten
Rose. 7 Class

hill83

Everyone 10

giphy.gif

Grendel

Answer the following questions Twat - are you happy now that we've offered JJ a new contract despite your loud attempts last year to demand that we didn't? And are you glad that the club didn't accept your advice (to fire Robins for the 4th time) in April?

Can you show evidence regarding Jones

Also I have asked several times - were you at the game Danny as I suspect not

CovBrummie94

Moore 6
Da Costa 3
Dabo 6
McFadzean 9
Hyam 7
Maatsen 5
Sheaf 7
Hamer 6
O’Hare 7