Player ratings (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Moore 7 - looked fine to me

Dacosta 5 - a menace

Maatsen 6 - seemed ok defensively and some good control but awful crosses. I see the potential though

Hyam 6 - poor first half, but looked more comfortable on the right in the second half

McFadzean 7.5 - silly booking but steady otherwise and did well for the goal

Dabo 6.5 - hope we don't have to play him in the centre of defence again

Hamer 6 - disappointing but got better as the match went on

Sheaf 8 - most of our good work came through him and I don't get all the criticism of the first half. Unlucky not to score and some great passing

O'Hare 8 - motm. Those pieces of skill make all the difference and some great tracking back too.

Gyokeres 7 - still not convinced by him but did well for being in the right place to score

Waghorn 6 - OK but nothing special.

Subs

Rose 8 - really impressive. Faultless defensively and some excellent long passes

Jones 7 - added much more going forward than Maatsen

Walker 6 - ok

Malaka

Moore 7 Got left exposed for the goal
DaCosta 5 - No final ball
Dabo 7 - Just because I love him
Hyam 6 - Blaming him mostly for their goal
McFadzean 7 - Captain's performance. But if he didn't score it would have been a 6
Maatsen 6- Would like to have seen more of him
Sheaf 7 - There is a player in there
Hamer 6 -Gave the ball away too much, I'm beginning to get pissed off with him
O’Hare 8 - What a player
Waghorn 5.5 - Nope, did nothing
Gyokeres 7 - Just because he scored

Rose 7 -Decent performance. I felt more confident when he came on
Jones 7.5 - For his mental strength. welcome back Jody
Walker 7 - Because he created space. We were much better up front when he came on

steve101

Moore looked composed. Loved the way he claimed crosses rather than punched.
Great to see Dabo complete 90+ minutes and linking up well. He's a clever player.
McFadzean was probably motm. Some composure and no-nonsence when needed. It took him a while to get off the mark last season.
Maatsen seemed understandably nervy but got better second half. Needs time to get to pace.
Rose looked really good and Hyam much stronger on the right side. He almost scored again before Fadz finished it off.
Sheaf and Hamer looked nervous first half. Hamer always tried to force the pass, which often doesn't come off. When it does though it can make the difference. Decision making needs to be better
O'Hare was his usual high energy but great to see him taking on players more.
Pleased for Gyokeres to get off the mark. Should go into the next game with added confidence. Waghorn wasn't as bad as some have suggested imo
So pleased for Jodi Jones to come on. It shows the trust from Robins and it further lit up the crowd.

Hutch11

Moore 7.
Bit shaky at first (IMHO) but then came good.

Dabo 8.
I really rate Dabo. Stepped up to playing CD even though it’s not his natural position, kicked the floor but didn’t let his head drop. Good second half.

McFadzean 9.
He’s old and slow but did a great job. Plus one for getting the winner. Fitting on Curtis day that the big skipper defender did that.

Hyam 8
Did a good job.

Da Costa 5.
Liability.
Substituted for
Rose 7 at 45'minutes
Rose did really well. Changed the game

Hamer 6.
Probably our most technically gifted player- did ok but not fireworks.

Sheaf 7.
I’m not a fan but there were some moments of class.

Maatsen 7.
Did ok. Substituted for

Jones 10
at 70'minutes. I’m giving JJ 10 for the sheer fight and grit at getting back.

O'Hare 10.
Without him we get nil points. Class act. Hope Villa don’t want him back to replace JG.

Waghorn 7.
ok. Lively. All Action

Substituted for

Walker 5 69'minutes
Im not sure about Walker. Just doesn’t seem interested half the time.

Gyokores 8
Kept fighting. Scored.
See the winner from behind the goal and then say walker doesn't seem interested

fatso

Mcfadzeen mom, held the defence together, and still had the fitness to pop up with the winner, 9
Hamer and Sheaf got better the longer the game went on, but still room to improve. 6.5
Hyam, Dabo, Maatsen and Moore did ok 6
Da Costa and Waghorn were poor and need to contribute far more 5
O'hare was busy as ever, and added an end result to his game 8
Gyokres worked his socks off with very little end result until his goal 7
Jones, looks like he's going to be a real asset 7
Rose looked really solid 7
Walker, had little to work with 6

stupot07

Moore 7
Dacosta 5
Dabo 6
Mcfadzean 9
Hyam 7
Maatsen 6
Hamer 6
Sheaf 8
O'Hare 8.5
Gyorkeres 7
Waghorn 6

Subs
Rose 7
Jones 7
Walker 7

Robins 6 - got the initial set up wrong, but got the team to respond second half and subs were the right ones at the right time.

Ref -10 awful and one sided

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

COV

Moore 7
Dacosta 5
Dabo 6
Mcfadzean 9
Hyam 7
Maatsen 6
Hamer 6
Sheaf 8
O'Hare 8.5
Gyorkeres 7
Waghorn 6

Subs
Rose 7
Jones 7
Walker 7

Robins 6 - got the initial set up wrong, but got the team to respond second half and subs were the right ones at the right time.

Ref -10 awful and one sided

interesting to put McFazdean over O’Hare

stupot07

interesting to put McFazdean over O’Hare
I just thought he played well the whole 90 mins and was composed at the back in the first half when Dabo was having a mare. Then was there to score the winner. He also had a good header in the second half too.

O'Hare was outstanding the last 20 minutes though, but McFadzean got half a mark more for playing well for the whole game.

Evo1883

I just thought he played well the whole 90 mins and was composed at the back in the first half when Dabo was having a mare. Then was there to score the winner. He also had a good header in the second half too.

O'Hare was outstanding the last 20 minutes though, but McFadzean got half a mark more for playing well for the whole game.

Correct

Blind-Faith

Moore 8
Dacosta 5
Dabo 6.5
Mcfadzean 9 motm
Hyam 7
Maatsen 5.5
Hamer 6.5
Sheaf 7.5
O'Hare 8
Gyorkeres 8
Waghorn 6

Subs
Rose 8
Jones 7
Walker 6

Ccfcisparks

Moore 8 - Quick off his line, good distribution, good hands, couple of things he missed but a really underrated save in the first half that would have made it 2-0 and out of sight.

Da Costa 5 -Bomb Scare.
Dabo 6 - first half all over the place but that’s to be expected as he isn’t a centre half. Second half got forward well and helped in attack.
Fadz 9 - Colossal. Again.
Hyam 7 - Really poor first half, but was on his weaker foot. Second half solid, not much to do but much more comfortable on the ball.
Maatsen 5 - He’s good technically but doesn’t look defensive to me at all. Time will tell.
Hamer 5 - What has happened to him. Bull in a China shop, with no finesse about his play what so ever. Needs to go back to basics or can see Kelly/Eccles ousting him when back.
Sheaf 7 - thought he was the better out the two but first half was poor. Silly yellow to give away which prevented him taking down Johnson to prevent the goal. Second half much better. He’s actually really good at getting forward and does it much better than Hamer.
O’Hare 10 - What else is there to say. Without him we would be lost. Made something out of nothing twice and won us the game. The fact people think Bright is better is unbelievable.
Gyo 7- well taken goal, worked hard but poor on the ball. Better of the two forwards
Waghorn 6 - ran around a lot but his build makes him look really unathletic and not comfortable on the ball. Looked better with Walker up top.

Rose 8 - simply wonderful at LCB. If JCS is coming in and playing there he must be a brilliant player. Hope it means rose isn’t dropped.
Jodi 7 - played well at LWB and looks very sharp. Would like to see him in O’hares role as backup. He’s not the answer at LWB though.
Walker 6 - didn’t do much but sat on their CB which gave us the chance to move up the pitch and really.

Moff

Thought Dacosta has a hell of a lot to learn, his positional play was woeful.
For me Walker offered more than Waghorn and Mcfadzean and O’hare were excellent.
We only came from behind once last year to win and have done it in our first game this season.
Fans were excellent….brilliant atmosphere.

Somerset Sky Blue

Da Costa 4, I’d bomb squad him after that
Hamer 4 terrible today
O Hare 8 different gravy that lad
McFadz 7 for the goal and that challenge where he came out and just absolutely flattened their player when he was pissed off

Everyone else 6s
Few harsh scores for Waghorn in here. He was ok but was no less than a 6 to be fair, seen some shocking scores for him!

Liked the look of Moore and Maatsen. Rose was class when he came on.
A couple of things I noticed with waghorn was him telling players how to improve (ie telling maasten to cross first time) and putting our case forward to the ref (or arguing with the ref!), which we always moan about our side being too nice and don't pressurise refs....

steve101

A couple of things I noticed with waghorn was him telling players how to improve (ie telling maasten to cross first time) and putting our case forward to the ref (or arguing with the ref!), which we always moan about our side being too nice and don't pressurise refs....
I agree. He was getting into some good positions too but the crosses into the box in first half were poor. The best one from Sheaf he wasn't far away with an attempted diving header just outside the 6 yard box. I think he will be real asset this season. It's great to have variety in our forward options.

covboy9

Moore 7 did well I wasn’t overly worried
Maatsen 5 very green he can play but can he defend
De costa 5 there’s a player in there but he’s all over the shop shocked he was picked
Dabo 6 dreadful in a 3, cool at rwb
Hyam 7 steady
Mcfadz 8 probably his last season at this level but great influence and whole hearted pro
Sheaf 7 I thought he was excellent 2nd half, slow but he can play
Hamer 6 subdued but got better
Ohare 8 mom he’s not top draw but he could be in time
Waghorn 6 fair debut tried to do too much
Gork 6 he will get better

rose 7 old rose is back
Jones 6 nice run out
Walker 6 thought he did well

excellent result, robins really sorted it at half time, forest suffered from having a defender as a manager we were allowed back into the game

don’t think gork and waghorn were on same wavelength lots of room for improvement all round

SkyBlueGuy

Thought Dacosta has a hell of a lot to learn, his positional play was woeful.
For me Walker offered more than Waghorn and Mcfadzean and O’hare were excellent.
We only came from behind once last year to win and have done it in our first game this season.
Fans were excellent….brilliant atmosphere.

The defence was all over the place in the first half. Positional play was very disjointed with Dabo being in the wrong place a fair few times. McFadzean was playing much deeper as a result, which meant we didn't have a proper defensive line. I think Da Costa did OK considering. He made a few mistakes and struggled with position, but he also played some good balls in behind for O'Hare and tried to get forward. Silly to get caught out with foul throws (there is no excuse for a professional footballer to get these wrong). Not sure what the hell happened with Hyam for their goal. Watched the replay and couldn't even work out where he was! Not saying Da Costa had a great game, but I think the whole defence was iffy in the first half and that wasn't all down to him.

Martin180

A few positives to highlight were Sheafs obvious class , I think he will get better and better this season . Also the longer the game went on him and Hamer started to work better and better .
Dabo looked fully fit after an injury prone season last year and looked back to his physical , dynamic best
Maatsen was a real threat for the time he was on the pitch , has a great first touch and looks to attack the defence . For me an upgrade on McCallum
O Hare is just a great team player , work rate , ability , yes he still makes the wrong choice at the end but he is always in that position to create and drive us forward

Negatives , felt for Dacosta a bit today because he knew Dabo was inside him as the third centre back so looked to be trying to cover too much defensively instead of driving forward
Also felt Waghorn stifled O’Hare by playing too much in his areas instead of playing on the last man , wonder whether them two will work . When Walker came on you could see O’Hare had so much more space

Overall chuffed to bits but we do need at least one more centre back and possibly another midfielder to complete an already promising squad

rob9872

Forest zero - booed the knee, booed Curtis, team were time-wasting cheats. Lyle and Colback are pricks. Karma!

rob9872

Didn’t that come from those coming up from the concourses who weren’t aware rather than those already in the seats?
Not 100% but sounded like seats to me. Also didn't realise how bad Lyle Taylor was and must love playing us. Scored last season and this v us but 5 in 42 in total last season.

Batu1969

Moore 7 - nervous first 10 mins and not sure about his distribution, but grew in confidence and good save that kept us in It.

Maatsen 6 - faster and higher tempo than rest of team in first 20 mins, just needs to get in sync. Looks good.

Dabo 6 - playing out of position, looking better when Dabo subbed and Rose added. Footballing smarts, but looking a little slow(?)

Hyam 6 - needs fitness and consistent back 3. Hopefully incoming transfer will settle that.

McFadz 8 - kept it together under pressure when we could have let more goals in and the winner.

DaCosta 4 - great athleticism, clumsy in the challenge, lost on how to play alongside Dabo. Doesn’t stop to look to see who he is passing to sometimes. Still a talent.

Rose 6 - up for it and tackled higher up the pitch, bridging space between back 3 and Sheaf/Hamer

Hamer 6 - as someone said earlier, great vision but passing can be often overhit. Head dropped after goal and picked up after equaliser and fan chanting. Got niggling with the ref again after the yellow card.

Sheaf 6 - not as commanding as the wolves friendly, but much improved and expect this to continue. Passing left and right, not getting caught in possession or always passing back like last season. Think this is confidence and experience.

O’Hare 8.5 - it just the nutmeg that led to the first goal, but the sheer effort and tackling back. Unlucky not to get a penalty for the punch to the face in the 45min.

Waghorn 6 - not as good as the Wolves friendly, would have like to see him muscle into the box at but more and earn the foul. And set-pieces meh. like O’Hare works hard.

Gyokorres 7 - nice to see him real thump a goal for change.

Walker 5 - not a lot to comment on

first game of the season, new faces to gel, disruption from covid, transfers still to come. Just accept it as a great day out and tribute to Iron Man George and those who sadly passed. #PUSB

Grendel

Forest zero - booed the knee, booed Curtis, team were time-wasting cheats. Lyle and Colback are pricks. Karma!

loads of our fans booed the knee

pipkin73

The bar i was in was all Forest fans, just me for Cov but Rotherham fans also in and backed us.

When Forest went 1-0 up the Forest fans were giving it the large big time.
I said we are a second-half team and felt confident we would come back.
When we scored the equalizer, the Forest fans started to leave, i gave it out big time.

When we went ahead, i ran around like a maniac lol. Forest fan's views were Moore is class, controlled his area and caught everything. They wanted Walker to come on as they think he is crap.

They honestly believe they will go up this season and we should not even be close to their level. God i loved our winner, i said 2 mins before that we do score late goals and bang in it went. To be fair, the ones who remained all brought me a drink after the final whistle and i'm now pissed as a fart lol PUSB

PUSB-We_are_going_up

All of the players second half other than Hamer and Walker deserve a 7.5 and above just because Walker as previous posters have said looked uninterested, there is a player in there he just needs to show a bit more energy at times, Hamer was just trying too hard needed to calm himself down really I dont know whether its down to he has never played in front of a crowd like yesterday or not but thats all was over trying.

Overall though

Moore - 7.5
Decent game unlucky for the first goal just got left in the mud by his defence, safe hands most the game I think he will build on good performances and eventually we will recognise his class.

Dacosta - 4
Probably one of his worse performances in a city shirt, first goal was down to him.
This is because he was vastly out of position earlier on causing sheaf to put in a tactical foul in order to prevent a goal but then later on the left hand side were about 40 yards up the pitch and Sheaf (already on a yellow) refused to commit and tracked back instead which was good decision making.

Dabo - 7.5
Looked good perhaps wasted at CB but he rose to the challenge of a good centre forward in Lyle Taylor, but kicked the ground for the first goal and tripped himself up so couldn’t do much other than looking where he is going, second half moved into RWB he looked his usual self trying to progress the game in the wide area.

McFadzean - 9.5 (my motm)
Just wow, was awesome easily our best defender, used his ecoerience well and put enough power on the shot for it to go in.

Hyam - 7.5
The only thing I can fault him for is being out of position by about 40 yards for the first goal, but otherwise defensively sound moved over to the right hand side of the three second half and looked good.

Maatsen - 6.5
Promising debut showed some good control of the ball and to be fair looked quick, just his crossing wasn’t the best but that will improve with sharpness and was about 50 yards out of position for the first goal otherwise looks like a player could be in there but I dont think he will be better than Sam.

Hamer - 6.5
Just tried too hard and needs to just calm himself down and backtrack into simpler passes until he gains confidence and sharpness and eventually start them balls again.

Sheaf - 8.5
First 20-25 minutes was our best player but seemed to fade, second half hit the crossbar with a good shot and did well defensively good decision making and Im excited to see him progress.

O’hare - 9.5
Energetic as ever, won many free kicks and the build up to the first goal skinned 3 of their players, we have a fantastic player on our hands for now we just have to try and keep him.

Waghorn - 7
Worked with what he had really couldnt really do much more but then again first half was getting little service so not his fault but lead well from the front.

Gyökeres - 8
Good finish into the roof of the net, first half didnt see that much of him tried to drive the ball forward, second half really grew into the game the Forest midfield didnt do anything to stop the bridge between our attack and midfield.

Substitutes
Rose (45 minutes on for Dacosta) - 8
Looked good, a massive improvement on Dacosta and was very good on the ball as usual and actually looks decently sharp not fully match sharp but promising.

Walker (believe it was 70 minutes on for Waghorn) - 6.5
Looked uninterested at times needed more energy but I believe he will be good for us this season he has the finishing he has the pace he just needs more energy higher work rates but goals will come.

JJ (believe it was 70 minutes on for Maatsen) - 7.5
Looked energetic and very sharp for someone who has had an injury history like him, in an unusual position he did well going forward not much to do defensively but did his best when called upon.

Users who are viewing this thread