Play-offs (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

No blind spot I think it’s personal from many on here. He is a limited average keeper who has now been named by his peers as the league 2 and league 1 keeper of the year
Shot stopping generally very good and this is why he gets voted (but the odd howler - the peterboro Free kick that went straight through him)
Crosses - Awful = Hence the nickname Mr Flappy
Footwork - Awful = Last night, Walsall etc being good examples

so even if he makes an error every other game that leads to a goal, that means 50% of the teams think he is the dogs (a bit like us and the Rotherham Gk and Clayton ince before him)

Liquid Gold

No blind spot I think it’s personal from many on here. He is a limited average keeper who has now been named by his peers as the league 2 and league 1 keeper of the year
It is personal, it's fucking gaslighting to watch someone be shit at their job for 4 years, got told they aren't then when ANOTHER error happens we're told it's not his fault, he could help it, it's someone else's fault [insert one of the other thousand excuses] stop fucking telling me my lived reality isn't happening because I can see he's fucked up again.

We moved on from this when Marosi came in and we got better, it was obvious, should have been point proved and moved on. This should have been no more than a titter at a mistake from an ex player leading to a loss for a team that think they're too good for their station but the need to defend his every action is fucking infuriating. I was sick of it 4 years ago and now he's not our player anymore I'm even more fucking sick of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

It is personal, it's fucking gaslighting to watch someone be shit at their job for 4 years, got told they aren't then when ANOTHER error happens we're told it's not his fault, he could help it, it's someone else's fault [insert one of the other thousand excuses] stop fucking telling me my lived reality isn't happening because I can see he's fucked up again.

We moved on from this when Marosi came in and we got better, it was obvious, should have been point proved and moved on. This should have been no more than a titter at a mistake from an ex player leading to a loss for a team that think they're too good for their station but the need to defend his every action is fucking infuriating. I was sick of it 4 years ago and now he's not our player anymore I'm even more fucking sick of it.

Why are you getting this triggered by someone saying perhaps Flanagan was at fault for a goal another team conceded?

Liquid Gold

Why are you getting this triggered by someone saying perhaps Flanagan was at fault for a goal another team conceded?
It's a weak spot but years of saying it and coming away from games absolutely downbeat only to log on and be told it's all fine means i have no patience for it.

Ccfcisparks

I'd imagine its his PTSD from previous Burge blunders thats making him miss Flanagans part in the goal. It was awful play from him, not only the pass, but not being clever enough to block Johnson too.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a weak spot but years of saying it and coming away from games absolutely downbeat only to log on and be told it's all fine means i have no patience for it.

You don’t have to tell me! Believe me if I thought he was more at fault I’d say.

D

Deleted member 2477

To be fair to Burge he kept them in the game last night with a couple of great saves. I wouldnt blame him for the second goal as it was a poor backpass however he could have done better with the clearence.

its the same old story though good shot stopper but awful at crosses and will make several howlers a season that cost games and points.
He doesnt give the defence confidence which forces errors and two lots of fans at different clubs both say the same so we cant all be wrong.
He just isnt good enough

Adge

The joker held us back for years and is now doing the same for Sunderland. Love to see it though.
Strange reaction aswell by Burge when the goal went in, most people would be head in hands etc, just seem to treat it as business as usual and got the ball out of the net.

SleepyGinger

This is absolutely absurd. How on earth have they got themselves into this position!?🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

For such a big club they are run horribly, looking at their 4th year in league 1 and the team needs a complete rebuild again.

EDIT - if that is the case, why didn’t they leave him out of some of the league games, especially once they had the play off place secured.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

Whoever agreed to that clause in his contract needs sacking. Absolutely ridiculous situation to be in.
the whole club has been mismanaged for years looking at it

Frostie

Clauses relating to number of games played can't be that uncommon can they?

No, not at all. It's the fact that they've got to this stage before tackling the issue.

Now they're in a position where they can't start their best player in their biggest game of the season as he'll trigger another contract that they can't afford.
As @SleepyGinger says, there were some dead rubbers at the end of the season which they could have left him out of to avoid this situation but somehow they've overlooked it.

Liquid Gold

It’s a symptom of them always changing managers and staff. I ‘d hazard a guess that nobody made Johnson aware of it and it may have even been the player that bought it up.

wingy

So we'll use the old percentage measure again.

On the subject of media wasn't it Hancock using the word firestorm on Marr a weekend or two ago.

Anyway it says 80 case increase I think.
Now what would that mean in "r" value, might be able to understand that and compare to other periods.

"Indiant variant cases in London jump 80% in one week, but are not spiralling out of control | Evening Standard" Indian variant cases in London jump 80% in one week

Bugsy

So we'll use the old percentage measure again.

On the subject of media wasn't it Hancock using the word firestorm on Marr a weekend or two ago.

Anyway it says 80 case increase I think.
Now what would that mean in "r" value, might be able to understand that and compare to other periods.

"Indiant variant cases in London jump 80% in one week, but are not spiralling out of control | Evening Standard" Indian variant cases in London jump 80% in one week

wrong thread mate ...PUSB

edit: saying that thou its got that many different variations on it you could get away with it.

Last edited:

Adge

I don’t get the “he’s a good shot stopper” 95% of professional goal keepers are good shot stoppers, it‘s the rest of his game that’s become more important
It’s just a get out clause for crap keepers who are not up to the job.

blunted

Someone oh here said Lincoln had some really good loan players this season. If they dont go up, any likely to interest us. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread