Play-offs (2 Viewers)

Grendel

If anyone needs a good laugh or cheering up tonight then have a read of their forum. Its in total meltdown

You have a season ticket on there so just tell us what’s happening

slowpoke

Having watched that back pass a number of times I would put it down to the goalkeeper, pass back could have been harder but Burge must have had the Lincoln player in his eye line and should have been in his toes and put the ball in row z.

JimmyHillsbeard

Regardless of the hospital pass back from Flanagan it was definitely a keeper error. That said he made a couple of decent to good saves beforehand.

The tie isn’t over yet, esp if Sunderland score early on Saturday.

slowpoke

Regardless of the hospital pass back from Flanagan it was definitely a keeper error. That said he made a couple of decent to good saves beforehand.

The tie isn’t over yet, esp if Sunderland score early on Saturday.
That’s one thing Burge was good at here in fact very good at and that was shot stopping I’ve seen him make worldys. but it’s his goalkeeping that’s poor, jittery almost all the time and that affects his defenders and team. It hasn’t changed.

Frostie

Sunderland must have a bloody good team to have a clown in goal all season and still finish top 6

When you spend more than most of the league combined you'd expect them to be better than just scraping the playoffs though tbf.
They genuinely have a few players that really aren't up to top L1 level (Power, Scowen, the inferior McFadz & both keepers).

Barnsley

Having watched that back pass a number of times I would put it down to the goalkeeper, pass back could have been harder but Burge must have had the Lincoln player in his eye line and should have been in his toes and put the ball in row z.

He’s a Sunderland player they’re not very good. If he was he wouldn’t be playing in league one .

Bugsy

I praise Burge fair play to him seen there was an opportunity to fuck Sunderland up and make sure there stay down there....PUSB

Frostie

Apparently Lincoln have the best away record in the division

Indeed they do & Sunderland only have a mid-table home record. Wonder if their fans will be backing them or if it will be pretty toxic as is often the case.

Even if they do somehow turn it around I can't see them beating Blackpool anyway, vastly superior team.

Mcbean

i thought i heard someone say they had 20 clean sheets which put Burge in League 1 team of the year

D

Deleted member 2477

Indeed they do & Sunderland only have a mid-table home record. Wonder if their fans will be backing them or if it will be pretty toxic as is often the case.

Even if they do somehow turn it around I can't see them beating Blackpool anyway, vastly superior team.
Reading their forum they are talking of a hostile atmosphere and showing them what they think of their season performance.
give it 15 min and if Sunderland havnt scored they will be right on their backs and calling for the manager.

it comes back down to the fact that a lot of their fans still think they have a right to be in the premiership given the size of their fanbase. The atmosphere they create when players arent having a good game is part of their problem I think. Makes for a hostile and high pressure expectation on players who then cant reach their expectations

Liquid Gold

Sunderland must have a bloody good team to have a clown in goal all season and still finish top 6
The blind spot you have for an average keeper with a few catastrophic errors in in him and a lot of general poor goalkeeping play that can often lead to a goal is bizarre.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sunderland incapable of adopting a siege mentality, the fans immediately turn on the players, manager and board. They are so utterly deluded about their place in the world.

I partly agree - but they really should be higher up the pyramid than they are, with their support, compared to at least half of the Championship teams. I know fanbase guarantees you nothing, but the income generated alone means that you should be able to outperform Wycombe, Luton, PNE and us (to be honest). They have just been very badly managed for a number of years.

Sky Blue Pete

The blind spot you have for an average keeper with a few catastrophic errors in in him and a lot of general poor goalkeeping play that can often lead to a goal is bizarre.
No blind spot I think it’s personal from many on here. He is a limited average keeper who has now been named by his peers as the league 2 and league 1 keeper of the year

Users who are viewing this thread