Pitch Invasion (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Was he the small chubby lad after the first goal who got taken off?

I reckon they should only employ wrestlers as stewards, anybody who goes on the pitch is allowed to be powerbombed.

giphy.gif

This would be for people who run on if the game was in play

giphy.gif

no, he's not chubby, he's a scrawny specimen!!

Nick

Administrator
Completely different scenario and thoroughly justified at the time if you are talking about the Sisu out protest against Sheff Utd which I think you are.

No it's still the same, people running on the pitch.

Like I said, one minute they are heros and it's "justified" and the next they are slated for it. Same as the guy against Forest Green, everybody thought he was amazing.

Adge

No it's still the same, people running on the pitch.

Like I said, one minute they are heros and it's "justified" and the next they are slated for it. Same as the guy against Forest Green, everybody thought he was amazing.
No, there was a difference. People v Sheff Utd went on the pitch to make a point and did it in the right manner.
The people who “ran on the pitch” to celebrate an equaliser in a meaningless game in the first round of the FA Cup against Walsall are/were dicks who had no reason or point to their excercise.
Didn’t see anything untoward on the pitch or any bottles being thrown against Sheff Utd-did you?

Nick

Administrator
No, there was a difference. People v Sheff Utd went on the pitch to make a point and did it in the right manner.
The people who “ran on the pitch” to celebrate an equaliser in a meaningless game in the first round of the FA Cup against Walsall are/were dicks who had no reason or point to their excercise.
Didn’t see anything untoward on the pitch or any bottles being thrown against Sheff Utd-did you?

Yes, I saw people pushing stewards to get on and things being thrown. There were fully grown adults with masks or their hoods covering their faces bouncing about like they were going to war in the family zone. Much more aggressive than the bellends at the weekend.

What about the ones at Northampton? What about the guy against fgr?

It's exactly the same and it proves my point. Need to make up minds whether going on the pitch is ok or not.

It's just as I said, couple of years ago they would be heroes. Now they get slated. What they should do is just say "protest" and be lauded.

Last edited:

Adge

I think people more understood it then it being lauded as you put it. Don’t get why you think making a point and bringing attention to the fore regarding our circumstances was a bad thing?

Adge

Yes, I saw people pushing stewards to get on and things being thrown. There were fully grown adults with masks or their hoods covering their faces bouncing about like they were going to war in the family zone. Much more aggressive than the bellends at the weekend.

What about the ones at Northampton? What about the guy against fgr?

It's exactly the same and it proves my point. Need to make up minds whether going on the pitch is ok or not.

It's just as I said, couple of years ago they would be heroes. Now they get slated. What they should do is just say "protest" and be lauded.
Really? I know for a fact that they went around the concourse and came down an empty stand where the Jimmy Hill flag is. They were sitting beside me during the match.

Nick

Administrator
Really? I know for a fact that they went around the concourse and came down an empty stand where the Jimmy Hill flag is. They were sitting beside me during the match.
Every single one of them? There were plenty in the family zone. They came out of the entrance and gathered there bouncing and getting hyped up for about 10 minutes

Nick

Administrator
I think people more understood it then it being lauded as you put it. Don’t get why you think making a point and bringing attention to the fore regarding our circumstances was a bad thing?
I'm pointing out the double standards. That's all. Probably one of the reasons the younger fans think it's acceptable.

NortonSkyBlue

I'm pointing out the double standards. That's all. Probably one of the reasons the younger fans think it's acceptable.
I take the point you are making, Nick and of course you right that entering the field of play is wrong under most circumstances and shouldn't be encouraged.
On Saturday it was exuberance that got a little out of hand and shouldn't have happened. The Sheffield United pitch invasion was in retrospect a worthless exercise because nothing positive came out of it but it was understandable given the feeling of frustration and anger at our situation.
Those that sit on the sidelines can take the moral high ground but those that entered the field of play can say they tried to affect the course of events.

Nick

Administrator
I take the point you are making, Nick and of course you right that entering the field of play is wrong under most circumstances and shouldn't be encouraged.
On Saturday it was exuberance that got a little out of hand and shouldn't have happened. The Sheffield United pitch invasion was in retrospect a worthless exercise because nothing positive came out of it but it was understandable given the feeling of frustration and anger at our situation.
Those that sit on the sidelines can take the moral high ground but those that entered the field of play can say they tried to affect the course of events.

Like I said, just say it's a protest and about morals and it's completely different.

All of the kids going on the pitch now are probably twenties oldest with a few random older blokes. They will have grown up with that sort of behaviour being tolerated.

pastythegreat

You've let yourself down in that post by saying MOST circumstances. Entering the field is wrong in ALL circumstances.

I could say, mugging old ladies is wrong unless they have loads of money and wouldn't miss it.
Doesn't make it wrong in MOST circumstances just because the one time I did it I had good reason.
It's illegal regardless of the circumstance. And if you big up a smack head for mugging a rich old lady, he'll think he's ok to just keep mugging other old ladies as you'd think he was cool for doing so.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

You've let yourself down in that post by saying MOST circumstances. Entering the field is wrong in ALL circumstances.

I could say, mugging old ladies is wrong unless they have loads of money and wouldn't miss it.
Doesn't make it wrong in MOST circumstances just because the one time I did it I had good reason.
It's illegal regardless of the circumstance. And if you big up a smack head for mugging a rich old lady, he'll think he's ok to just keep mugging other old ladies as you'd think he was cool for doing so.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Bradford fire?, Heysel?

ccfctommy

Imagine if there was a pitch invasion with City fans holding a banner saying 'Wasps bugger off back to London'.

They'll be lauded as heroes!

Users who are viewing this thread