Pitch Invasion (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Of course they would act hard done by. The same as when they give it loads to players and get some back.

and it will be the rest of us who have to put up with heavy handed stewarding and policing in the next few away days because of these morons.
I'd imagine it will be well on top for the league game in December.

duffer

Too easy. We had to climb fences in my day.

And that to me is exactly the issue.

A lot of us lived through the eighties where the dickheads almost ruined the game and then the fences went up. We know how that ended.

There's no excuse for going on the pitch like this. None.

There's a significant minority of coked/pissed up arseholes following the club who are starting to make it miserable for the rest of us who actually want to watch the game and maybe drink a beer or two without being soaked in it.

So this kind of crap behaviour shouldn't be encouraged by anyone.

I'd hope that the arseholes involved in the latest instalment are all picked up and get substantial banning orders.

Forever_Blue

It also resulted in Thomas getting booked for his "celebration" after his goal yesterday. He got dragged by 20 idiots into the fringes of the crowds. Now he's a yellow closer to suspension and the club will have to pay his fine. We do have a fraction of idiot fans that tend to come out during these "easier to get to" games.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yes and the league game will be the same.

usskyblue

There’s always going to be knobheads in the crowd. If players want to celebrate ‘with the crowd’, it plays in to their hands doesn’t it ? I’m not saying it’s okay. It’s just a sad fucking fact. Some people have no self control.

pusbccfc

Isn't it illegal to go on the pitch while the game is played?

One of the issues is people defending the mouth breathers and putting it down as a bit of fun.

It is. Not many of them actually made it to the pitch, they made it on to the space between. If they want to do it, they are the ones who face a ban.

Whether it's right or wrong, the behaviour of fans is far better than it was years ago. The people on the pitch are young lads and not older supporters. They will learn their lesson.

usskyblue

If we’re going to justify over zealous celebrations by fans for ‘more important goals’... let’s have a look at the players celebration v’s Walsall in the first round of the FA Cup.

pusbccfc

and it will be the rest of us who have to put up with heavy handed stewarding and policing in the next few away days because of these morons.
I'd imagine it will be well on top for the league game in December.

When has there been heavy handed stewarding and policing at a Coventry game in the last few seasons?

Nick

Administrator
It is. Not many of them actually made it to the pitch, they made it on to the space between. If they want to do it, they are the ones who face a ban.

Whether it's right or wrong, the behaviour of fans is far better than it was years ago. The people on the pitch are young lads and not older supporters. They will learn their lesson.
There's no question on it being right or wrong. It's clearly wrong.

pusbccfc

There's no question on it being right or wrong. It's clearly wrong.

Correct.

That's why the kids will learn their lesson.

As I said earlier. I haven't got too much of a problem with over-zealous celebrations. I think it's what sets us apart from teams like Walsall in this division.
There is a fine line and yesterday the kids did cross it.

It's like the smoke bombs. These lads learnt their lesson after a few banning orders were handed out last season. We've not had one since.

Nick

Administrator
Correct.

That's why the kids will learn their lesson.

As I said earlier. I haven't got too much of a problem with over-zealous celebrations. I think it's what sets us apart from teams like Walsall in this division.
There is a fine line and yesterday the kids did cross it.

It's like the smoke bombs. These lads learnt their lesson after a few banning orders were handed out last season. We've not had one since.
Why is it only our kids? Wonder if the last few years seeing that sort of behaviour as lauded has anything to do with it?

Ashdown

I think the issues of late are social failings. Lack of discipline, too many 'knowing their rights', no fear of the law but above all drugs. We didn't do drugs when I was a youth or at least not a lot of much other than weed. Now they seem to be as available as pizza.......but then on saying all that we were often a little naughty in the 80's and older people tell me it was worse in the decade or so before that........national service is what we need I tell thee !

clint van damme

Didnt have any problem for either of those games.

And not everyone has the same experiences at games.
I've heard other people complain about a rewarding at games where I've had no issue.
But there's no doubt that pitch invasions and bottle throwing will be picked up on taken into account by police at grounds we're due to visit.

clint van damme

We're much better behaved than other clubs supporters.

Are we? How do you quantify that?
You're right that other clubs have problems too but when people start indiscriminately throwing bottles I think a lines being crossed
Imagine if it had hit a kid.

BrizzolSkyBlue

I think the issues of late are social failings. Lack of discipline, too many 'knowing their rights', no fear of the law but above all drugs. We didn't do drugs when I was a youth or at least not a lot of much other than weed. Now they seem to be as available as pizza.......but then on saying all that we were often a little naughty in the 80's and older people tell me it was worse in the decade or so before that........national service is what we need I tell thee !
Not sure the Army would agree with the National Service thing. They don't want a bunch of hooligans in their ranks anymore than we want them in our stadium!

christonabike

The sad fact from experience there is a minority of away fans who either drink too much or openly sniff coke on the trains down to the away venue. They behave like animals and are very proud to be giving it the big one. People who go with young ones and wives etc are often subject to abuse etc.
Big men? Coked up chavs is what they are. The 1970s and 1980s hard men would knock them into next week.

Nick

Administrator
The sad fact from experience there is a minority of away fans who either drink too much or openly sniff coke on the trains down to the away venue. They behave like animals and are very proud to be giving it the big one. People who go with young ones and wives etc are often subject to abuse etc.
Big men? Coked up chavs is what they are. The 1970s and 1980s hard men would knock them into next week.
They are about 7 stone wet through.

Users who are viewing this thread