Pitch Invasion (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

We seem to have been battered from every angle about what I call a 'Goal celebration' at Walsall yesterday A pathetic overreaction by some calling us scum bags etc and to something that has happened many times over the years by dozens of clubs up and down the country which has made the FA cup what it is - fans ran on the pitch and were not threatening but celebrating and never held the game up and were quickly back in there seats - If the club get a fine then they surely the FA will have to look back in the archives and dish out fines for every club that has committed this what seems a despicable act

Nick

Administrator
We seem to have been battered from every angle about what I call a 'Goal celebration' at Walsall yesterday A pathetic overreaction by some calling us scum bags etc and to something that has happened many times over the years by dozens of clubs up and down the country which has made the FA cup what it is - fans ran on the pitch and were not threatening but celebrating and never held the game up and were quickly back in there seats - If the club get a fine then they surely the FA will have to look back in the archives and dish out fines for every club that has committed this what seems a despicable act
It wasn't a goal celebration, it was embarrassing.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Well it did hold the game up for a start. Bottles were thrown and we are Coventry City scoring a goal to be drawing with Walsall, not Havant & Waterlooville scoring at old Trafford. It’s absolutely pathetic. Every single one of those that got on the pitch needs to give their head a wobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

It was the challenging of their keeper and the bottles thrown at their players. What’s hard to understand, it’s a criminal offence to enter the field of play.

I don’t understand the outcry I was only driving at 90mph or only had a few drinks or didn’t mean to smash the window etc etc

When we score the approach should be to clap or cheer or hug or dance or jump at no point is it appropriate to throw bottles at the opposition players or run down stairs and over the boundary of the pitch

stupot07

Since the Sisu out pitch invasions a couple of years ago, our fans have done it far too often that it has become the norm and we now have a reputation. Its the reason for the heavy handed stewarding at the Ricoh now.

Its embarassing and its wrong. Bloody idiots. Ffs STOP INVADATING THE PITCH

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

It was the challenging of their keeper and the bottles thrown at their players. What’s hard to understand, it’s a criminal offence to enter the field of play.

I don’t understand the outcry I was only driving at 90mph or only had a few drinks or didn’t mean to smash the window etc etc

When we score the approach should be to clap or cheer or hug or dance or jump at no point is it appropriate to throw bottles at the opposition players or run down stairs and over the boundary of the pitch

I personally don't have too much of an issue with fans running on the pitch to celebrate a goal occasionally, (as has been said, not sure an equaliser at Walsall really warrants it)..
But when it facilitates going up to opposition players or throwing bottles then it's time to call it a day. Some people always have to over step the mark .

Nick

Administrator
What baffled me was how people were surprised and outraged they and others got dragged out. There were signs all around making it obvious you can't go on the pitch, what did they expect to happen?

It's the same with their players, at one point one of their players was on the floor off the pitch by our fans and he had about 10-15 of our fans leaning over the barrier and inches away from him. It's no wonder he was giving the fans some shit.

No doubt if their keeper had twatted the person who went over to him when they were on the pitch there would be outrage.

pastythegreat

It also resulted in Thomas getting booked for his "celebration" after his goal yesterday. He got dragged by 20 idiots into the fringes of the crowds. Now he's a yellow closer to suspension and the club will have to pay his fine. We do have a fraction of idiot fans that tend to come out during these "easier to get to" games.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

What baffled me was how people were surprised and outraged they and others got dragged out. There were signs all around making it obvious you can't go on the pitch, what did they expect to happen?

It's the same with their players, at one point one of their players was on the floor off the pitch by our fans and he had about 10-15 of our fans leaning over the barrier and inches away from him. It's no wonder he was giving the fans some shit.

No doubt if their keeper had twatted the person who went over to him when they were on the pitch there would be outrage.
You mean this idiot smacking the keepers arse? Would of fully deserved it if the keeper twated him one. But their would of been outrage if he had of done.
e0d7aa5fb0716cd3fa7347a74a3d5707.jpg

Nick

Administrator
You mean this idiot smacking the keepers arse? Would of fully deserved it if the keeper twated him one. But their would of been outrage if he had of done.
e0d7aa5fb0716cd3fa7347a74a3d5707.jpg

Like the backpack man. Pitch invading with his lunch packed.

Yep him though, would have fully understood the keeper laying him out on the pitch. Then people wonder why their players give our fans the "shhh" when they score.

rondog1973

No stranger to the odd pitch invasion myself back in my younger days, but such hysteria in the 1st round of the FA cup? Half way through the 2nd half? Against Walsall?

Twats.

Magwitch

The fall-out from this apart from an FA fine is Walsall reduce our ticket allocation for our up and coming league match. I do have to ask though why when there’s less than 3000 home fans are away fans crammed into a smallish area and allowed to stand in walkways. Those identified yesterday will be subject to the law and the half-wit who hit the goalkeeper has a good chance of a bit of porridge, courts love to make examples. If I was him I’d hand myself in.

CJ_covblaze

Anyone that was on the pitch could and probably will get a ban. No need for it. Stay in the stand. Those that did will soon get annoyed when we have our away allocations reduced.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Anyone that was on the pitch could and probably will get a ban. No need for it. Stay in the stand. Those that did will soon get annoyed when we have our away allocations reduced.

Will they though? It’s the rest of us that suffer. Funny you won’t see them doing it on Tuesday night or next Saturday at burton. They’re all day trippers who don’t really give a shit about City, they just wanna get tanked up, look ‘hard’ and brag to their mates

speedie87

Embarrassing when it’s a an equaliser in the first round ffs.

How would these lads cope with us being a premier league club and scoring last min winners at anfield to stay up like back in the day

Plus they had to take a ballboy off in tears that was in the middle of it.

Garryb80

As has been said the same 'fans' crying at the perceived injustice of not being allowed to break the law and the 'we do what we want' brigade will be the exact same ones moaning we get limited allocations at future away games.

Kilclines curly mullet

We, like most other teams have a minority who see an away day as an opportunity to get off their face on whatever substance and act like complete twats.
The actual game is a secondary thought.
What surprises me is that most of the time (granted not yesterday) these invasions occur when tickets are hard to get.
Thus opening the question, are they season ticket holders, or mates of season ticket holders ?

pastythegreat

We, like most other teams have a minority who see an away day as an opportunity to get off their face on whatever substance and act like complete twats.
What surprises me is that most of the time (granted not yesterday) these invasions occur when tickets are hard to get.
Thus opening the question, are they season ticket holders, or mates of season ticket holders ?
Mates of ST holders generally.
The way the club stops things like this, is if a game is likely to attract idiots (close by etc) is limit tickets to 1 or 2 per ST.

CJ_covblaze

Will they though? It’s the rest of us that suffer. Funny you won’t see them doing it on Tuesday night or next Saturday at burton. They’re all day trippers who don’t really give a shit about City, they just wanna get tanked up, look ‘hard’ and brag to their mates

They will. There’s been plenty of banning orders given in the past few years due to this and other poor behaviour.

The Great Eastern

So Norwich score 2 goals in 2nd half additional time to come from behind to beat Millwall 4-3. As a result, Norwich go top of the league by 2 points. Was there a pitch invasion ? Not a soul..... So why do our morons think it's so 'big & clever' to go dancing around for an equaliser in a match that has no particular relevance in the season as a whole ? As said above, the beered up, we-do-what-we-want attitude, totally stinks and is an utter embarrassment to the vast majority of supporters.
Can see the front few rows netted off for the league game there soon.

Nick

Administrator
Let's not forget that a couple of years ago people were heroes for running on the pitch.

pusbccfc

It's the same crowd who throw their beer during goal celebrations.

I don't mind either of them. It's mostly harmless fun.

At Walsall though, it's a bit silly.

CJ_covblaze

With England there seemed to be a change in culture starting in Turin (probably one of the worst places to cause trouble for obvious reasons) a few years ago and has been slowing getting worse and worse since. Generally those in the ground behave themselves but on the streets there’s a minority who don’t care about going to the game and just want to behave like dicks.

The lads I know from away trips who support other clubs have said they see it week in week out their end too so it’s by no means exclusive to us. The big difference is you need to be a vetted member and get England away tickets. Most of the time for our club and the majority of others you don’t need to be so I’m guessing that’s why we see it inside a stadium domestically.

lifeskyblue

Personally don’t mind a pitch invasion as part of a genuine organised protest but not a goal celebration in a fairly meaningless game. Yes if it got us a replay at old Trafford etc, yes if it won us the league but no at Walsall in November in the first round of a cup neither side will get that far in.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Never get how being soaked in beer (if not participating in the throwing) is harmless fun, I’m sure the idiots chucking it would be the first to kick off if you walked up to them in a bar and tipped some of your beer over their head!

Magwitch

I notice in some grounds the front two or three rows in the away ends are netted off, perhaps that’s a solution, I don’t know but it’s happened too many times at Chesterfield a couple of years ago, Crewe, Notts County these are games I’ve been to and witnessed bet there are others, sooner or later the authorities are going to stamp on us

CJ_covblaze

If a goal is scored from open play I can see why it can happen. However why does it happen for free kicks, penalties or corners? When one of those occurs why not put the beer down? Also in some of the videos from the summer you saw some start celebrating before picking up their beaker and throwing it. Same goes for throwing beer around whilst singing/chanting in concourses. It’s senseless.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

With England there seemed to be a change in culture starting in Turin (probably one of the worst places to cause trouble for obvious reasons) a few years ago and has been slowing getting worse and worse since. Generally those in the ground behave themselves but on the streets there’s a minority who don’t care about going to the game and just want to behave like dicks.

The lads I know from away trips who support other clubs have said they see it week in week out their end too so it’s by no means exclusive to us. The big difference is you need to be a vetted member and get England away tickets. Most of the time for our club and the majority of others you don’t need to be so I’m guessing that’s why we see it inside a stadium domestically.

You also need photo ID to collect tickets and can’t collect for someone else.

Have you not noticed more and more City fans following England away in the last few years?

clint van damme

Embarrassing when it’s a an equaliser in the first round ffs.

How would these lads cope with us being a premier league club and scoring last min winners at anfield to stay up like back in the day

Plus they had to take a ballboy off in tears that was in the middle of it.

that's genuinely appalling and an embarrassment for the club. .

pastythegreat

Hmmm, I'd have sniggered quite a lot if the keeper had turned round and hit him. Suspect quite a lot of people would, too.
Yes, it would of made a shit day a little bit better I must admit.
But to those that go on the pitch or those that defend them would have something to say about it. And I'm sure the plod would be having a word with the keeper too

Nick

Administrator
Yes, it would of made a shit day a little bit better I must admit.
But to those that go on the pitch or those that defend them would have something to say about it. And I'm sure the plod would be having a word with the keeper too

Of course they would act hard done by. The same as when they give it loads to players and get some back.

pastythegreat

Of course they would act hard done by. The same as when they give it loads to players and get some back.
Same as the other way round, when their fans threw the ball away from burge after he hopped the barrier to collect it from the cunts. Had it of been me I'd probably of chinned one of them

Users who are viewing this thread