pictures of highfield road (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Keep them coming! Also any of the Ricoh under construction...

I found a couple in my photo album! ......
LegoRicoh.jpg

LegoRicoh2.jpg

Darth Robins

Got a bunch on here, will post them as I find em!

Attachments

• HR9C WestTerrSkyBLue.jpg
    HR9C WestTerrSkyBLue.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 198
  • HR9B SkyBlueStand.jpg
    HR9B SkyBlueStand.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 182
  • HR4 Yellow.jpg
    HR4 Yellow.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 185
  • HR9A Main Stand.jpg
    HR9A Main Stand.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 181
  • HR9 carpark.jpg
    HR9 carpark.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Darth Robins

a few from the last game...

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 144
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 134

Darth Robins

My personal favourite, spot the ball! A random one from the 90's (against Man U if I remember right!)

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 204
  • hr90s.jpg
    hr90s.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Highfield Road was built for Coventry City fc. The Ricoh was built for concerts, exhibitions and gambling. PUSB

A bit like The Emirates, Etihad, St Marys, Pride Park, Reebok, etc etc etc. Sign of the times I'm afraid. It doesn't make sense to build something that's only in use 20-25 days a year.

WM

nicksig

I seem to remember there was some good old photos in the programme from the last game at HR. I'll have to dig it out. I remember walking to that game past one of the houses by the ground and an old couple had a big banner strung up in their front yard saying thanks for the memories. I didn't think much of it at the time but when HR was pulled down that was the end of the club as we knew it. Nothing beat the West Terrace. I remember being freezing one new year's day and losing 4-0 to Spurs (around 94) and still it was a brilliant atmosphere. I still miss it.

speedie87

Jesus this thread is making me feel old.

How many lads on here weren't old enough to go to highfield road???!!!

Fair play if u have a season ticket now but weren't old enough to see top flight football. Hope u do one day it's like a different sport/ atmosphere

georgehudson

i was there, i claim to be 1st in the ground when the gates opened,
half way line, in the sunken terrace
wonderful ground,
special memories,
PUSB

Covcraig@bury

w1bfw0.jpg
I just had a moment when I seen this picture, tears of joy.as the great memories came back to me. WT5 ROW 22. every season from when the seats was put in. prior to that from 1971 aged 9. TAKE ME HOME HIGHFIELD ROAD.

skybluelee

Im going to be controversial now and announce I never liked the west terrace. Am I the only one?

Dunno. i certainly loved it. back in the days when I used to travel 400 miles to every home game. The hairs used to stand up on the back of my neck every time I walked up the steps behind the stand and out into a sea of sky blue at 5 to 3. Loved it, absolutely loved it.

coundonskyblue

I liked the atmosphere in there, but the view was crap, it stunk of piss, and (towards the later years) had its fair share of chavs. For those reasons i was more of an east stand man.

Just my opinion btw!

Astute

Im going to be controversial now and announce I never liked the west terrace. Am I the only one?

There are always people that are different. You are one of these in this case.

Whenever I took anyone to HR that supported another club it had to be the West Terrace I would take them in. Even in the days we had shite crowds it was the place to be. My elder lads that support other clubs loved that stand. My eldest lad said that the only better atmosphere he has ever known was the Rangers v Celtic games.

Had a look at a few of these pics last night at work. Just had a good look at them now. Feel so sad. Had many great times. The last time I went to HR was after we had left. There had just been a fire above where the club was. Got pissed in there many times. I have never gone to have a look as I want to keep my memories as they are. Times change and we need to move forward, but change is not always good.

fernandopartridge

I liked the atmosphere in there, but the view was crap, it stunk of piss, and (towards the later years) had its fair share of chavs. For those reasons i was more of an east stand man.

Just my opinion btw!

It was full of mouthy divs but was a decent place if you were a teenager.

The Main Stand was the best place to sit in HR by the end imo. Much better view than anywhere else in the ground.

covcity4life

i was always in the west stand

my dad wasnt into footy when i was young(ironically hes now a big cov fan after i got him into footy) so my best mates dad used to take me

we were right at the top of the west stand and it was awesome, loud,swearing,moaning but it wasnt annoying like it is today

i remember when we beat arsenal 3-2 in 1999, i was 17 and i had a really old man next to me who kept telling me stories about the war and on the other side a complete psycho whouldnt stop going off on one but i loved it lo....good ol highfield road.

BUT i also think that the ricoh can be great for us,but we need to fill it!!!!!! the atmosphere for chelsea home was brilliant and the packed out staidum looked amazing to boot, if we ever get back to the prem we will hit 25k minimum attendences imo and the ricoh will truly be home.

Users who are viewing this thread