pictures of highfield road (2 Viewers)

Sharpie83

Anyone got any pictures of your days out at highfield road see how many pics from the past we can get together.

fernandopartridge

Has anybody got any pictures of the toilets in HR, particularly interested in the old ones in the West End and those on the Kop. I reckon we could build the best collection of Highfield Rd urinal snaps on the web!

Joy Division

Great thread idea. Until I manage to scan a load of old photo's from the 80's which my dad has, here's a few not of my own though so credit where its due.

ccfc v chelsea spion kop.jpg coventryreview.jpg Highfield Road.jpg speedieisgod.jpg

The Reverend Skyblue

Nice pictures Joy Division, i love the black and white one, can anyone who is old like me , but with a decent memory, remember who we were playing, my bet is Wolves or Villa.
I just love pictures of Highfield Road, it warms the heart

The Rev

torchomatic

Some I took at the last match.

Attachments

• Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_150.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_150.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 565
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_131.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_131.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 487
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_149.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_149.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 479
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_127.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_127.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 452
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_152.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_152.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 492

torchomatic

And some more

Attachments

• Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_130.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_130.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_128.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_128.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_146.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_146.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 333
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_129.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_129.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 292
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_124.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_124.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 340

torchomatic

And yet more

Attachments

• Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_150.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_150.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_151.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_151.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 203
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_153.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_153.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_147.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_147.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_148.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_148.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 199
I was only 9 when Highfield road was demolished and i only had the privelige if going there 3 times. I wish i could go back there 1 more time. I may be a season ticket holder at the ricoh, but i'd trade all thta in for 90 more minutes in that historic stadium :'(

torchomatic

Final lot including the building of the Great White Elephant

Attachments

• Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_154.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_154.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_1222.jpg
    Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_1222.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 372

Rich

The Ricoh is no Highfield Road is it.

I only went to Highfield Road a few times as I didn't really get the bug until recent years, but what a fantastic place it was.

covross

Highfield Road was built for Coventry City fc. The Ricoh was built for concerts, exhibitions and gambling. PUSB

torchomatic

Thirty-three years of my forty supporting Coventry City were spent at HR. I loved it.

The Reverend Skyblue

Won't be Wolves. It's Liverpool in 1987.

I just presumed as it was black and white it would be older than that. If it is 87 i was certainly there, i just can't remember seeing fans standing on the pylons and back fence to that extent.I always thought the away pen in the corner was far too small , not just for the bigger clubs but most teams back then filled it out, and with the ground not always full from a home perspective, i constantly thought why did'nt they move the side fencing so it was about half of the complete terrace.

Still , great memories

fernandopartridge

I was only 9 when Highfield road was demolished and i only had the privelige if going there 3 times. I wish i could go back there 1 more time. I may be a season ticket holder at the ricoh, but i'd trade all thta in for 90 more minutes in that historic stadium :'(

You'd say the opposite if you were there in about Feb 2005, 2-0 down at home to Burnley with about 12k others there. The last few games there have distorted the memory of the place a bit.

fernandopartridge

I just presumed as it was black and white it would be older than that. If it is 87 i was certainly there, i just can't remember seeing fans standing on the pylons and back fence to that extent.I always thought the away pen in the corner was far too small , not just for the bigger clubs but most teams back then filled it out, and with the ground not always full from a home perspective, i constantly thought why did'nt they move the side fencing so it was about half of the complete terrace.

Still , great memories

Yeah - you can see the detail of the kits, it's the 87-89 strip, here is another from the same set / day / photographer:
78986598-sport-football-pic-29th-august-1987-division-gettyimages.jpg

torchomatic

While I agree to some extent - nostalgia always fogs the mind - the match day "experience" for me was a million times better at HR than it has been at the Ricoh. As for 12K. We'd love that now, wouldn't we?

You'd say the opposite if you were there in about Feb 2005, 2-0 down at home to Burnley with about 12k others there. The last few games there have distorted the memory of the place a bit.

Ash

I remember that game, still have nightmares about Burnley's opener. Their player scuffed a shot from about 25 yards out and the ball just seemed to trickle through about 4 City players' legs before nestling in the bottom corner, calamitous goal to concede!

coundonskyblue

<p>

I dont know why but one that always sticks in my mind was 2-0 loss to Bolton, around '95 or '96. There was a decent crowd there but it was like morgue in there!

Opposite side to that is the game we beat Chelsea when they forgot their kit. That night was an amazing atmosphere, probably the best I've ever been at.

100 miles from Cov.

Left that game after about 65 minutes for the 2 hour drive home. Just remember some blokes verbally abusing me and my brother for walking out early. I really miss the west terrace!

Puck

Left that game after about 65 minutes for the 2 hour drive home. Just remember some blokes verbally abusing me and my brother for walking out early. I really miss the west terrace!

w1bfw0.jpg

valiant15

I've got a dvd that i filmed myself of when they were pulling it down,about 30 minutes worth. It was strange zooming inside a half demolished east stand. The bottom few rows of concrete where the seats would of been in the west terrace were never taken away. They obviously had to level the land so i assume they were left as hardcore.

Marty

Does anybody remember those pictures they took of demolishing the stadium on the BBC site. I've got a copy on my other computer, I'll try and get it up and running again so we can all have a good cry. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread