Peterborough game moved to Friday 23rd November (2 Viewers)

Nsgdm1

Heavily edited? Here are you a couple of unedited posts from you.

You must be the only person on this forum who is glad that Wasps are messing us about.
I am not glad but can understand them wanting preference over dates.
If you owned a buisines and one of your customers kept insisting on dragging you through the courts would you then give that same customer preference on when they used your services or would you look after your own interests first.
don't get the anger and hostility on here its a couple of games.
I think some people should be careful what they wish for as am sure CCFC would be a lot worse off if SISU actually got something out of these court cases and got control of the Richo, am sure if they did then CCFC would be bottom of the list of beneficiaries, infact am certain would be paying out a lot more to use the stadium.
You can't change the past but be careful what you wish for the future.

Modcons86

Genuine question: if you had bought tickets to the game and it was rescheduled would you be offered a refund if you couldn't make the new date? If so what's the difference?

Steve.B50

I play rugby on Saturdays, so the more the games moved to Fridays or Sundays, the better for me! The Friday night game for Stevenage game was a good atmosphere so I’d like us to have a few Fridays pencilled in.

And another England game to watch on the Saturday, getting even better.

Nick

Administrator
If you owned a buisines and one of your customers kept insisting on dragging you through the courts would you then give that same customer preference on when they used your services or would you look after your own interests first.
I think some people should be careful what they wish for as am sure CCFC would be a lot worse off if SISU actually got something out of these court cases and got control of the Richo, am sure if they did then CCFC would be bottom of the list of beneficiaries, infact am certain would be paying out a lot more to use the stadium.

Christ, crank up the machine lads. Somebody has said something bad about the council and Wasps and the old trusty has already made himself look a tit so we need to go in hard.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

italiahorse

This has been gone over in detail on this forum before but of course you've conveniently forgotten that. When we were paying £1.2m a year the matchday costs came out every season at around £400K. The matchday costs are now a lot higher.
With no actual figures presented
Can you explain why the costs are higher for games with a sub 10K attendance and half the ground shut than for games with over 25K there with the whole ground open?
Not without seeing any actual figures.
I can see a justification for matchday costs increasing as the crowd increases. I can see no justification for matchday costs going up as the crowds go down.
Again, show the figures if you quote them.
But then you admit the truth. Wasps and Coventry Council wanted to be seen to be fair to the club so can shout about a rent of £100K. They then jack up the matchday costs to a point we are paying considerably more than most realise and can't add any margin on to things we resell.
Thats exactly what I said. Pay less rent for basic stadium and add on what you want as a match day cost.
Matchday costs should not change because the level of the rent has changed. The reason the rent is lower is we have no ticket office, no shop, no club offices etc and limited use of the ground. We don't even get first choice on dates, a FL requirement, and aren't allowed to play friendlies there.
Exactly as I said. If its not included in the rent then if we want ticket office, shop, offices, fanzine , we have to pay for them.
We are a tenant we can't dictate dates. Wasps have previously moved to Sunday, this is a first and we can't be sure whether it was discussed and CCFC choose Friday. We probably don't pay friendlies there because its cheaper elsewhere.

Nobody is frothing, people are just pointing out that when Wasps were called out on the clashes you repeatedly insisted they would move their games to Sundays and a few days later it turns out you were once again wrong and its us that has to move.
I also said it will get sorted and it has. Whether its to the clubs satisfaction is yet to be revealed.

To sum up we came back on a limited deal, we need to purchase items that may have been included in the original deal.
We have to discuss with Wasps any clashes, but to be honest it will always be a restricted deal until Sisu stop the nonsense and get a long term deal.
Wasps will always keep us at arms length until Sisu have gone, unfortunately.

clint van damme

To sum up we came back on a limited deal, we need to purchase items that may have been included in the original deal.
We have to discuss with Wasps any clashes, but to be honest it will always be a restricted deal until Sisu stop the nonsense and get a long term deal.

who are you referring to when you say "we"?

Nick

Administrator
Do you have a reverse beep for your u turns?

Nobody is on about offices or fanzines or anything like that.

You try to make out wasps are doing a favour and the rent figure. That's the point being made.

Liquid Gold

Look at this clown's posting history. If ever there was an obvious PR attempt.

Grendel

Welcome back - enjoy last season?

clint van damme

I wish you'd stand barefoot on a upturned plug. Let me know if it happens and I 'll let you know if I think I should have been more careful with what I'd wished for.

italiahorse

The club requested a rent reduction in 2006. It was rejected. The formula for the club to buy the Higgs' share greatly over valued it and was twice what Wasps paid.
.... and Sisu offered them zero. But out of the kindness of their heart and because they are a charity they offered them £2M.
Let’s not mention expecting to buy out the ACL loan for as little £2M as a condition of another offer for Higgs share. An offer of £1.5M up front and future payments of £4M.
In all these deals it’s subject to negotiation not threats like pulling the plug and moving the Club out.
CCFC fcuked up before Sisu got here and Sisu fcuked up when they bought us. The £1.2M was only a small part of the problem, many more millions were bleeding away elsewhere.
It’s easy to blame Wasps but the problem lies elsewhere.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree, Friday night games suit me better so no complaints here.

Friday nights also probably suit me better but there should be complaints because we should stand up for fellow fans who’ve been screwed over. Can’t help but feel ‘it doesn’t negatively effect me so I don’t care’ is indicative of current society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

With no actual figures presented
Not without seeing any actual figures.
Again, show the figures if you quote them.
So you can't answer simple questions without seeing an invoice from Wasps to CCFC. What a joke you are.
You've even said yourself matchday costs have gone up but when asked to justify it you make out they haven't!
Thats exactly what I said. Pay less rent for basic stadium and add on what you want as a match day cost.
That's nothing like what you said which was 'CCFC on a peppercorn rent' with no mention of matchday costs. You were called out on it and don't have an answer so your usual distraction tactics started.
Exactly as I said. If its not included in the rent then if we want ticket office, shop, offices, fanzine , we have to pay for them.
Nobody is talking about having offices there or fanzines. The way a match is put on at the Ricoh hasn't suddenly changed so with a third of the number of people attending you could at the very least reasonably expect matchday costs not to rise.
We probably don't pay friendlies there because its cheaper elsewhere.
The reason we don't play friendlies at the Ricoh is because Wasps don't allow it. The club have stated that before when asked. Its the reason that the Jimmy Hill tribute match against Fulham never went ahead. If I remember rightly that was the season that having said we couldn't use the stadium as it would disrupt pitch preparation Wasps then held a 7s rugby tournament at the Ricoh.
Wrong again. We came back on the same deal we left on but over a longer term. The £1.2m deal ended when the club went into administration. We kept playing at the Ricoh after that on a different deal.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But we were negotiating a DEAL,so safe to assume we would have met somewhere in the middle of what they were offering and what we wanted.
But we now know SISU do not negotiate, or do deals. They just put people out of business and take what they want for nothing.
FFS by the time the shitty insects arrived nobody wanted to even talk to SISU as things had become so toxic.
But we have argued this a thousand times, half blame SISU and half blame the council and we keep going over the same ground. One thing is clear though,our owners are a bunch of knuts who don’t give a shit about the club or us fans.
In all fairness on this occasion I hope they do put wasps out of business.

Then I want Ann Lucas held accountable for underselling ACL... and the combined Birmingham authority for that matter

chiefdave

Actually the problem does not lie elsewhere. Wasps are exactly where it lies.

Sure there are plenty of other problems with SISU and previous owners but the second Wasps waltzed in to town to be welcomed with open arms by the council and yourself was the day the club were truly screwed.

That was the point of no return. Until then there was the potential for new owners and the opportunity for a new owner to undo the damage. As soon as Wasps got hold of the keys to the Ricoh that potential was removed.

Now even if we can find somebody mad enough to buy the club unless they want to pay for a new stadium with little to no chance of a return the club will always be in the same shitty position.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You keep talking about a long term deal. But it’ll never be beneficial to Coventry City, Whether SISU are in charge or not. We can’t survive with them in Coventry.

SISU are not going to be around forever. The best option for us is that they bankrupt wasps in the court cases, ACL goes bump and the Ricoh lease reverts back to the council. All contracts are null and void.

Once the option of an unencumbered lease is available, we become more attractive to investors.

I’ve actually had dealings with some wealthy individuals who were interested in looking into Coventry City. However with ACL built as it is, we’re a no go.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Every time we make a post on here we get some fake credit to waste on some meaningless bet.

Every time MartCov posts on here about the EU he gets a nice pay as you play bonus from the lads in Brussels.

Every time Italia posts on here about Wasps he gets a nice little top up in his bank account (sorry was it an honest revenue injection).

Alarm central!

ccfcway

You don't get it when people chose to buy something based on their level of attendance and when dates are changed on them it makes it over priced. I wouldn't have bought a season ticket if I knew so many games would be moved away from Saturday, that includes if we were ever in the premier league. If there was an option to refund my season ticket and get a match package then I'd do that now but there isn't so I'm stuck paying more money than I should be as I can't attend. 8 months notice, fucking great, I'll just get a new job then that means I can attend shall I? Some people have fuck all understanding of other people's situations and its bollocks.

Genuine question, we knew games were switched last season, was there anything published to state it wouldn’t happen this season ?. It’s not a surprise we are playing 2nd fiddle to our landlords. It’s poor and far from ideal, but surely we all know what it’s like as we have seen it in the season just gone ?

Grendel

Genuine question, we knew games were switched last season, was there anything published to state it wouldn’t happen this season ?. It’s not a surprise we are playing 2nd fiddle to our landlords. It’s poor and far from ideal, but surely we all know what it’s like as we have seen it in the season just gone ?

It’s not the same at all as wasps have played games on Sunday’s - cancellation was normally other clashes. Also wasps fans prefer Sunday’s

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What do they keep moving the games to Friday night FFS!

What’s wrong with Sunday?
Do we really want to be playing on the Sunday after the Saturday game of Rugby.

The pitch was bad enough when there was a week between games.

wingy

It’s not the same at all as wasps have played games on Sunday’s - cancellation was normally other clashes. Also wasps fans prefer Sunday’s
Agreed
Think they've had one season where they've advocated Sundays and you'd think Commercially that would be better so as to attract local players etc.
But even though they allocate Saturdays a large portion seem to get shifted to Sunday for TV.

ceetee

........and earlier in this thread Italia confidently predicted that Wasps would move the four games to Sundays. Well he's 50% wrong already ........

Modcons86

I might be wrong but the only games i can remember last season were the early round of the fa cup where you had a choice to pay and go to the game or not bother.

Nick

Administrator
.... and Sisu offered them zero. But out of the kindness of their heart and because they are a charity they offered them £2M.
Let’s not mention expecting to buy out the ACL loan for as little £2M as a condition of another offer for Higgs share. An offer of £1.5M up front and future payments of £4M.
In all these deals it’s subject to negotiation not threats like pulling the plug and moving the Club out.
CCFC fcuked up before Sisu got here and Sisu fcuked up when they bought us. The £1.2M was only a small part of the problem, many more millions were bleeding away elsewhere.
So they didn't offer them nothing if they offered them 2m?

Liquid Gold

I might be wrong but the only games i can remember last season were the early round of the fa cup where you had a choice to pay and go to the game or not bother.
There was one for the blinds exhibition or something stupid. The odd one is fine and to be expected but if we have to move all 4 then 17% of our home fixtures is taking the piss. I've calmed down from earlier and not going to be angry at the club as it's not their fault, Wasps probably want to disen'franchise' our season ticket holders. The anger should be fully directed to the London egg chasers for breaking another promise not to affect the city's historical teams.

Modcons86

There was one for the blinds exhibition or something stupid. The odd one is fine and to be expected but if we have to move all 4 then 17% of our home fixtures is taking the piss. I've calmed down from earlier and not going to be angry at the club as it's not their fault, Wasps probably want to disen'franchise' our season ticket holders. The anger should be fully directed to the London egg chasers for breaking another promise not to affect the city's historical teams.
Oh yeah I remember that now. Like i say I'm happy to miss the odd Tuesday night game, always got a mate who will use it when i cant make it there. But as you put it all 4 of them on top of the 'odd' game is ridiculous. It's more frustrating that you'd not get any reply from venting anger at that lot.

clint van damme

The Sisu PR was working late last night.

how are sisu affected by games been moved to a Friday night?
I would say not one iota. The only people affected are CCFC supporters who have to travel from out of town. Strange that as a supporter since 1967 you have no empathy with them whatsoever.

italiahorse

Or perhaps they are pi55ed off with Sisu wasting their time in court and flexing their muscles.

italiahorse

how are sisu affected by games been moved to a Friday night?
I would say not one iota. The only people affected are CCFC supporters who have to travel from out of town. Strange that as a supporter since 1967 you have no empathy with them whatsoever.
It effects me as well. I play football Friday nights and it’s curry night at home. ;)
Although Wasps on Saturday means I can watch my daughter and granddaughter play Rugby on Sunday.
Looks like Wasps are playing hard ball this season. I wonder why ?

Users who are viewing this thread