Peterborough game moved to Friday 23rd November (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

A bigger Tw@t will read someone else's heavily edited post and believe it.
For your incomplete records I said it was not an issue as it will be moved to a Sunday as previously years OR be sorted with no real problems.
Glad to see that Wasps are only flexing there muscle a little and not going for a knock out.
Heavily edited? Here are you a couple of unedited posts from you.

You must be the only person on this forum who is glad that Wasps are messing us about.
Calm down. They will move them to Sunday like they have done every other year.
It happens every year and within a few days the clashes see the rugby moved to Sunday by Wasps..
Keep moaning though if it helps.

chiefdave

Probably because nobody knows what they really are. All we know is all clubs have to pay them.
This has been gone over in detail on this forum before but of course you've conveniently forgotten that. When we were paying £1.2m a year the matchday costs came out every season at around £400K. The matchday costs are now a lot higher.

Can you explain why the costs are higher for games with a sub 10K attendance and half the ground shut than for games with over 25K there with the whole ground open?
More false news.
Of course there are match day costs. Particularly for us where we accumulate them depending on crowd size.
It's a result of having such a low rent, where we then have to buy the add ons. Extra stand, catering, cleaning etc.
It's just as wrong for some to compare the original £1.2M rent that probably included, offices, shop, ticketing etc etc.
I can see a justification for matchday costs increasing as the crowd increases. I can see no justification for matchday costs going up as the crowds go down.

But then you admit the truth. Wasps and Coventry Council wanted to be seen to be fair to the club so can shout about a rent of £100K. They then jack up the matchday costs to a point we are paying considerably more than most realise and can't add any margin on to things we resell.
There is no breakdown, of course there are incremental costs on both rents. But your not comparing like for like when the £1.2M covered some of them costs.
As for distracting, you guys started frothing at me when I just pointed out that it was moved to Friday because Wasps are playing on Saturday.
Matchday costs should not change because the level of the rent has changed. The reason the rent is lower is we have no ticket office, no shop, no club offices etc and limited use of the ground. We don't even get first choice on dates, a FL requirement, and aren't allowed to play friendlies there.

Nobody is frothing, people are just pointing out that when Wasps were called out on the clashes you repeatedly insisted they would move their games to Sundays and a few days later it turns out you were once again wrong and its us that has to move.

Modcons86

If all the scheduled rearranged fixtures are moved to friday night games i might as well give my season ticket back. Don't mind missing the odd midweek game but these on top pretty much make it pointless to have one.

Liquid Gold

This is fucking ridiculous. I may as well turn my season ticket in now if they're changing all of them.

I hate wasps so much.

torchomatic

I hate wasps so fucking much too. In fact I refuse to even capitalise their name.

Liquid Gold

17 home Saturdays this season it will be. That makes it more than £17 a game on my season ticket. It is cheaper to just go to the ones I want. I'm properly pissed off about this.

ccfcway

Honestly don’t get the drama. Almost 8 months notice.

Imagine if we ever got to the prem.
hardly any games seem to be 3pm on sat any more.

Nick

Administrator

For somebody within 30-40 miles of Coventry it isn't a massive issue. When somebody is 100 odd miles away I can see why it is a pain.

Will try and get something going to see if they can give a free pass to iFollow for it or something at least.

Liquid Gold

You don't get it when people chose to buy something based on their level of attendance and when dates are changed on them it makes it over priced. I wouldn't have bought a season ticket if I knew so many games would be moved away from Saturday, that includes if we were ever in the premier league. If there was an option to refund my season ticket and get a match package then I'd do that now but there isn't so I'm stuck paying more money than I should be as I can't attend. 8 months notice, fucking great, I'll just get a new job then that means I can attend shall I? Some people have fuck all understanding of other people's situations and its bollocks.

Last edited:

clint van damme

You don't get it when people chose to buy something based on their level of attendance and when dates are changed on them it makes it over priced. I wouldn't have bought a season ticket if I knew so many games would be moved away from Saturday, that includes if we were ever in the premier league. If there was an option to refund my season ticket and get a match package then I'd do that now but there isn't so I'm stuck paying more money than I should be as I can't attend. 8 months notice, fucking great, I'll just get a new job then that means I can attend shaw I? Some people have fuck all understanding of other people's situations and its bollocks.

yep. Friday night games are great if you live local. Shit for people like yourselves.
It's bang out of order.

Old Warwickshire lad

I wish the wasps had never moved here,but to be honest they are here and the blame lies with our shity owners.
We had ample opportunity to get a good deal on the stadium but wanted it for nothing, and we were happy to play dirty to get it.
Well that worked a treat didn’t it.
As for Friday night games, on a purely selfish note I quite enjoy them, but I feel for fellow fans who can’t make fridays.

fernandopartridge

I wish the wasps had never moved here,but to be honest they are here and the blame lies with our shity owners.
We had ample opportunity to get a good deal on the stadium but wanted it for nothing, and we were happy to play dirty to get it.
Well that worked a treat didn’t it.
As for Friday night games, on a purely selfish note I quite enjoy them, but I feel for fellow fans who can’t make fridays.

Please stop this nonsense, a good deal for the stadium never existed for CCFC. The best offer they go prior to Northampton was £400k rent a year + matchday costs. Even when the club was struggling financially and asked for a reduction in rent it was rejected.

Old Warwickshire lad

Please stop this nonsense, a good deal for the stadium never existed for CCFC. The best offer they go prior to Northampton was £400k rent a year + matchday costs. Even when the club was struggling financially and asked for a reduction in rent it was rejected.
I am on about long before that when we could have had the deal the wasps have, (oh sorry that was not on offer to SISU was it).
SISU wanted the stadium for nothing and were prepared to go to any lengths to get it. And no I do not know the exact details as none of us do. But whatever the deal it was surely 100 times better than we have now.

Nick

Administrator
I am on about long before that when we could have had the deal the wasps have, (oh sorry that was not on offer to SISU was it).
SISU wanted the stadium for nothing and were prepared to go to any lengths to get it. And no I do not know the exact details as none of us do. But whatever the deal it was surely 100 times better than we have now.

When could that have been had?

fernandopartridge

The club requested a rent reduction in 2006. It was rejected. The formula for the club to buy the Higgs' share greatly over valued it and was twice what Wasps paid.

Modcons86

You don't get it when people chose to buy something based on their level of attendance and when dates are changed on them it makes it over priced. I wouldn't have bought a season ticket if I knew so many games would be moved away from Saturday, that includes if we were ever in the premier league. If there was an option to refund my season ticket and get a match package then I'd do that now but there isn't so I'm stuck paying more money than I should be as I can't attend. 8 months notice, fucking great, I'll just get a new job then that means I can attend shall I? Some people have fuck all understanding of other people's situations and its bollocks.
In exactly the same boat. Ridiculous that they never even mentioned this being a possibility. Maybe I was being naive thinking it would be okay on Saturdays, but they should have held out early bird prices till this was announced atleast.

Nick

Administrator
The club requested a rent reduction in 2006. It was rejected. The formula for the club to buy the Higgs' share greatly over valued it and was twice what Wasps paid.
Exactly, could have had half of it (that had no control because of a council veto) and a short lease for around the same as what wasps paid for it all with 250 years.

Not to mention issues before sisu were even here.

Old Warwickshire lad

Exactly, could have had half of it (that had no control because of a council veto) and a short lease for around the same as what wasps paid for it all with 250 years.

Not to mention issues before sisu were even here.
But we were negotiating a DEAL,so safe to assume we would have met somewhere in the middle of what they were offering and what we wanted.
But we now know SISU do not negotiate, or do deals. They just put people out of business and take what they want for nothing.
FFS by the time the shitty insects arrived nobody wanted to even talk to SISU as things had become so toxic.
But we have argued this a thousand times, half blame SISU and half blame the council and we keep going over the same ground. One thing is clear though,our owners are a bunch of knuts who don’t give a shit about the club or us fans.

Liquid Gold

We had/have awful owners but what the council did selling the ricoh to a franchise from London is relegate us to the status of tenants who will never be able to adequately compete even at championship level ever again, no matter who the owners are.

Nick

Administrator
But we were negotiating a DEAL,so safe to assume we would have met somewhere in the middle of what they were offering and what we wanted.
But we now know SISU do not negotiate, or do deals. They just put people out of business and take what they want for nothing.
FFS by the time the shitty insects arrived nobody wanted to even talk to SISU as things had become so toxic.
But we have argued this a thousand times, half blame SISU and half blame the council and we keep going over the same ground. One thing is clear though,our owners are a bunch of knuts who don’t give a shit about the club or us fans.

You are just ranting now though aren't you? Obviously things are negotiated and deals are done with the club.

You are forgetting nobody wanted to talk about the stadium even before SISU were here. That's not saying they are innocent, it's just stating how it was.

The council doing what they did has left us screwed even if the world's best owners come in next.

Old Warwickshire lad

You are just ranting now though aren't you? Obviously things are negotiated and deals are done with the club.

You are forgetting nobody wanted to talk about the stadium even before SISU were here. That's not saying they are innocent, it's just stating how it was.

The council doing what they did has left us screwed even if the world's best owners come in next.
No rant just stating fact that no party council or Higgstrust, wanted to deal with SISU because of the way they were doing business. I agree the council had no right giving wasps what they did,and also agree the council screwed the club by being stupid and bloody minded just to get one over on wasps.
They all acted like kids getting their own back, and wasps took full advantage of naive idiots who should stick to their day jobs.

chiefdave

FFS I can't go to that one either now.

The 'drama' is because it will cause our fans inconvenience.

There are people who have season tickets, and expected games to be played when they were announced for, who now can't go.

The attendances are likely to be lower as away fans are unlikely to travel on a Friday. Therefore the clubs revenues drops. As a club we rely more on ticket revenue than any other club due to our lack of access to other revenues.

The argument 'if we ever got to the prem' is ridiculous. We're not in the Prem and if we were people would know that numerous games get moved for TV so would be making an informed decision to buy or not. The increased attendances in the top division, and more significantly the TV money, would more than offset any ticket revenue lost by playing games on a non traditional day at a non traditional time.

Nick

Administrator
No rant just stating fact that no party council or Higgstrust, wanted to deal with SISU because of the way they were doing business. I agree the council had no right giving wasps what they did,and also agree the council screwed the club by being stupid and bloody minded just to get one over on wasps.
They all acted like kids getting their own back, and wasps took full advantage of naive idiots who should stick to their day jobs.

It was a bit of a rant as there weren't many facts going on.

The council didn't want to sell the stadium to the club way before SISU.

Grendel

You seem to fail to grasp that on this very forum Peter Knatchbull Huggeson actually once stated fisher and sisu were the best owners we’d had in the 20 years of dealing with owners.

That’s because they firmly believed sisu were prepared to pay the price of £6.8 million for half the management company on a sub 50 year lease.

The council still would have had the other half and in voting terms effectively final day and the club would still have £1.3 million a year to pay in rent.

That’s the offer. The £400k rent reduction for a two year period only came when the club started the strike.

Wasps taking full advantage means they are vultures preying on carrion yet you seem ok with that and not with the same strategy applied (unsuccessfully) by sisu

chiefdave

Are you talking about prior to SISU taking ownership when the council refused to deal with anyone interested in taking the club over who wanted a stake in the stadium?

Or are you talking about when the then council leader said hell would freeze over before the club would own the stadium.

Or maybe you're talking about when the council had discussions about what would happen should the stadium ever be sold to the club and came up with the idea that something must be put in place to stop the club using it as security for finance.

Or is it one of the many other example of the council showing themselves not to be willing to give the club anything like the deal they offered Wasps?

chiefdave

Has anyone from the SBT spoken to the FL or maybe the FSA about this. We know its a FL regulation that FL fixtures can't be moved. A quick google shows it a rule they enforce, for example in the past Newport's rugby side (who own the stadium) have played home games elsewhere to allow Newport County fixtures to go ahead at the insistence of the FL.

Why are Wasps getting an easy ride on this? Especially when we were assured by the council there would be no negative impact on the club to them turning up.

Steve.B50

I play rugby on Saturdays, so the more the games moved to Fridays or Sundays, the better for me! The Friday night game for Stevenage game was a good atmosphere so I’d like us to have a few Fridays pencilled in.

I agree, Friday night games suit me better so no complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread