Paul Cook (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

We knew this season was going to be struggle. We just want to stay up and currently we are doing that.

Yes I think we could be playing better and griding out results (Friday being an operative example) but we are where we are.

A lot of goals we have given away have been silly errors (mis-placed passes, penalties). Other than a couple of games this season we haven't been ran ragged.

Stick with Robins. I don't think we should be sacking him even if we are relegated to League 1. I personally think we will stay up but that is on the basis that we stop the above.
Most on here didn’t think it would be a struggle a lot felt we would be challenging

Grendel

So a draw was a good result then ?

In isolation

The real issue is the cost of relegation. There is an immediate hit of over £3 million in TV money. We’d struggle to retain our better players - and probably would need to sell anyway to plug gaps in finance. Therefore hamer, walker (and or Godden) O Hare etc will attract interest

At the same time we’ve got players like Kastaneer and Hillsner in contract and nowhere near good enough. As things stand he has players he signed he has frozen out.

It’s very doubtful we’d get back again. Out finances and impact if playing out of the city will have a massive impact

We also have no obvious young players we can sell for significant money

It’s absurd to even not try and avoid relegation if it’s concluded a manager change May at some point kick start some results

skyblue1991

In isolation

The real issue is the cost of relegation. There is an immediate hit of over £3 million in TV money. We’d struggle to retain our better players - and probably would need to sell anyway to plug gaps in finance. Therefore hamer, walker (and or Godden) O Hare etc will attract interest

At the same time we’ve got players like Kastaneer and Hillsner in contract and nowhere near good enough. As things stand he has players he signed he has frozen out.

It’s very doubtful we’d get back again. Out finances and impact if playing out of the city will have a massive impact

We also have no obvious young players we can sell for significant money

It’s absurd to even not try and avoid relegation if it’s concluded a manager change May at some point kick start some results
What do you think needs to happen in order for us to stay up. Do you want Robins sacked and if so who would you bring in? Do you want us to sign players in January? Do you want things to reamin as they are in the hope the amanager and squad wil pick up results?

skyblue1991

Most on here didn’t think it would be a struggle a lot felt we would be challenging
That's just plain riddiculous.

The gulf between League 1 and the Championship is massive, I would say bigger than betwen the Championship and the Premier League relatviely speaking.

harvey098

I honestly hate some of our fans at times. The people calling for his head now are the same people that will be looking at the playoffs after one win. Reactionary nonsense.

He’s just promoted us to the championship against all the odds and people are talking about his job security after 12 games. We’re only here because of him. Even if it’s for 1 season be thankful to him for it.

DionDublinsJockstrap

Mark Robins has been the saviour of this club. To be suggesting he be replaced is puerile. Even if we got relegated I wouldn’t sack him. The impact on the players would be massive (and not in a good way). The time to sack him would be relegation and if we struggled in League 1. Just think you couldn’t separate us and Notts County 3 seasons ago. A massive thank you and support for Mark

higgs

I honestly hate some of our fans at times. The people calling for his head now are the same people that will be looking at the playoffs after one win. Reactionary nonsense.

He’s just promoted us to the championship against all the odds and people are talking about his job security after 12 games. We’re only here because of him. Even if it’s for 1 season be thankful to him for it.
We can never thank him enough for what he has done for our club

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Magwitch

In isolation

We also have no obvious young pla financial hit and potential loss yers we can sell for significant money

Parts of what you say are true. the financial hit, loss of some of our better players etc, etc. in fairness we have to see what Hilsner offers but take your point. But then that beggars the question should our owner allow extra funds for the January window to help preserve our championship status, doesn’t have to be transfer fees but two or three quality loans which will obviously cost us wage wise but perhaps give the experience needed to our young squad.
But I fear with our current owner our league status doesn’t bother her.

Grendel

Parts of what you say are true. the financial hit, loss of some of our better players etc, etc. in fairness we have to see what Hilsner offers but take your point. But then that beggars the question should our owner allow extra funds for the January window to help preserve our championship status, doesn’t have to be transfer fees but two or three quality loans which will obviously cost us wage wise but perhaps give the experience needed to our young squad.
But I fear with our current owner our league status doesn’t bother her.

We already have 4 regular loans in the team

Magwitch

Yes and that’s a possible problem but I think might be wrong you are allowed more loans but can only have five in the match day squad at one time for me it’s a question of needs be. I know we have Osti, Giles and Sheaf can’t think who the other is

Magwitch

In question to the four loans we have we could complete the £750k Sheaf deal which to me is an investment, and then we can play another two loanees, I’d try for Giles too if the price was right.

Brighton Sky Blue

In question to the four loans we have we could complete the £750k Sheaf deal which to me is an investment, and then we can play another two loanees, I’d try for Giles too if the price was right.

It’d be bonkers to spend that much on Sheaf with survival in the balance, there’s a reason why we put that clause in.

Legia Sky Blue

This is a pointless thread. There is not a chance in hell that MR will be sacked.

Not only that, but what would we do with the flag with MR wearing the burger king crown?

Grendel

they are loans this season

Magwitch

It’d be bonkers to spend that much on Sheaf with survival in the balance, there’s a reason why we put that clause in.
I believe that deal is set up, you might call it bonkers that’s your opinion but imo Sheaf has demonstrated he is capable at this level and still learning and gaining experience so getting that dosh back I’d think wouldn’t be a problem, but whatever, we need new blood, we could sell and invest, do loans or both but imo they need to be experienced which will cost, for that to happen is down to our owner.

Brighton Sky Blue

I believe that deal is set up, you might call it bonkers that’s your opinion but imo Sheaf has demonstrated he is capable at this level and still learning and gaining experience so getting that dosh back I’d think wouldn’t be a problem, but whatever, we need new blood, we could sell and invest, do loans or both but imo they need to be experienced which will cost, for that to happen is down to our owner.

The deal is rightly structured so we only buy him if we stay up. If we’re going to drop £750k this season I’d sooner it be on a 3rd striker or reinforcement at the back.

Grendel

we can only have 1 loan to play - robins actual signings in the summer other than Hamer have not improved the squad

What if they trust him and loan more money and we still go down. Then what?

Grendel

The other thing of course no one seems to mention is would robins stay for that long

His track record aside from us is on a par with Russel Slade and any success easily gets forgotten.

Relegated and then mid table next year he’s looking like a manager on the decline and a Nathan Jones type who succeeds only at one club

clint van damme

Indeed what changed?

said yesterday they then remained in the relegation zone under Struber longer than they were under Stendel, only a late run got them out but using the sacking the manager logic Struber should have gone before he had the chance to save them.

Brighton Sky Blue

The other thing of course no one seems to mention is would robins stay for that long

His track record aside from us is on a par with Russel Slade and any success easily gets forgotten.

Relegated and then mid table next year he’s looking like a manager on the decline and a Nathan Jones type who succeeds only at one club

Your man Jackett has failed to get out of League 1 two seasons on the spin and looking like three

Users who are viewing this thread