Our fans at forest (1 Viewer)

ccfcrob

What utter bollocks! Support isn't just about singing a few songs! I do that when I'm pissed!
I've been to many hundreds of games and have yet to "sing"! I've screamed and shouted if the lads are doing well and shout a good few obscenities if I felt they deserved it. Mates would leave huge gaps around me on the terraces because I got so passionate - without bloody singing like a strangled budgie! (especially to chants that are undecipherable!)

Support is all about singing what's the point in goin if you sit there in silence supporters like that are no good to the team and go unnoticed

Nick

Administrator
Support is all about singing what's the point in goin if you sit there in silence supporters like that are no good to the team and go unnoticed

Because some people like to go and watch football. I personally like to go and watch the game and take it all in, some people like to go and just sing and have banter with the away fans.

I remember one fella before B15 was cool who would stand with his back to game trying to start songs off, thinking he was like a choir conductor.

Macca

I can see both sides really. When I was 16 it was all about singing, and the banter between fans, was far more interested in who won that than the game. Then got a bit older and enjoyed the away day piss up, now I m so knackered by the end of a working week a match for me is about chilling out and watching the game

skybluesteve76

If the side perform the support will be awesome. There was only a few hundred out of the 1000 singing at reading, that was nothing special. Yesterday they didn't perform, it was total anti climax for me.

All the best

EleanorRigby

The performance drove the support after just ten or so minutes you could see we (and Forest) didn't seem up for it, a bit like Charlton 3 years ago. You could sense defeat.

Covstu

Proper supporter is about someone who pays their hard-earned cash to go and support their team home and away. I personally love away games because you get to see the lads go for a rake load of beer and have a great day. The football is important but if we have had a great day then that's what's important!

If you want to sing or not that's your personal choice and as fans we should not be arguing between each other!

Henchman66

Totally agree , what a load of bollucks.
What utter bollocks! Support isn't just about singing a few songs! I do that when I'm pissed!
I've been to many hundreds of games and have yet to "sing"! I've screamed and shouted if the lads are doing well and shout a good few obscenities if I felt they deserved it. Mates would leave huge gaps around me on the terraces because I got so passionate - without bloody singing like a strangled budgie! (especially to chants that are undecipherable!)

sylus

" we'll fight til the game is won" sorry not this shower of sh#t...and it isn't the fans fault either, whether they sing or not..what exactly have we had to sing about..a slight glimmer of hope this week.with the portsmouth saga..but they failed yet again...totally gutless!!.. and thorn couldn't even motivate himself..

Covstu

Totally agree, decking daft! It seems like people want a select club that proves they are hardcore and no one else is!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
there is no such thing as a better supporter or more hard core supporter - there are only supporters. All this self appreciation and ridicule of others because they are different is complete rubbish.

Supporters make choices that are affected by other things in their life that dictate how why and when they can will and do show that support. To criticise anyone for saying they are CCFC fans but do not sing or dont make away matches or not enough games is pathetic. We are CCFC fans, and we support our club however we choose to and do not need to justify that to anyone.... end of!

Might find a team that actually performs and stirs the fans might help..... they get paid to be there - we pay for the privilege

canleykid

One of the problems with a large away following is everyone is spread out and little groups sing different songs at the same time,also yesterday i think we went there thinking it'll be like the Leeds game,what I don't get with thorn is when something doesn't work he won't change it,wether stubborness or inexperience it can cost us points,its in our hands

to stay up we have to play the teams around us,but if we play without passion and determination we may as well end the season now,I'm just wondering if we get relegated will the end of season awards dinner go ahead

Changeyourface

Some people like to go and sing their hearts out to support their team and some like to sit there in silence, constantly moan and not bother with backing the players. Fair enough it's your choice but yesterday was bad due to the daytrippers, and before anyone starts moaning about a "special club" of away supporters, you're more than welcome to join but I'd prefer it if you could come to a few more away games instead of just the one or two "big" games that you can suddenly find yourself bothered enough to go to.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Did you actually READ my WHOLE post Dipshit?

Macca

Could we have the rules then. How many games a season away before your accepted and get your badge of honour?

Nick

Administrator
I have a feeling the people saying it are quite young and naive and think you are a better fan the louder you can sing, more swear words and wanker signs you can aim at the away fans and how many blue WKD's you can drink.

Pigeon

The fans were pretty noisy in the first half I think when Forest made two changes at half time the fans got nervy as we just didn't look like we were going for the win.

sylus

why was Garath McCleary allowed to run ..what 60-70 yards without a single challenge goin in..and Findleys goal was just horrendous marking...

ashbyjan

Official Away Supporters Test
1. How many away games have you attended in the past 2 seasons - must be over 20 to pass
2. How many "special" songs do you know all the words to? - must be at least 5 to pass
3. What volume can you reach during intense song recitation? - must be at least 115dB to pass
4. How many pints do you down on average before a game? - must be at least 5
5. How many hilarious hand gestures do you know? - must be at least 3

These tests must be passed before the ticket office will issue a ticket to an away game - these criteria are also being circulated to all Championship clubs (and pre-emptively to 1st Division) to ensure no imposter "away" fans sneak in and spoil things for real fans

Changeyourface

1. How many away games have you attended in the past 2 seasons - must be over 20 to pass
2. How many "special" songs do you know all the words to? - must be at least 5 to pass
3. What volume can you reach during intense song recitation? - must be at least 115dB to pass

These tests must be passed before the ticket office will issue a ticket to an away game - these criteria are also being circulated to all Championship clubs (and pre-emptively to 1st Division) to ensure no imposter "away" fans sneak in and spoil things for real fans

Finally someone's found a solution.

sylus

OMG!....LOL.... why not ban ppl from attending games who have a criminal record.what makes a fan?..goin to all home/away games..singin your heart out.whatever the cause..a season ticket holder.your input on forums..or none of the above..in truth...none..not one person or fan is better than any other..only exits in your heads...get real......does it make a differance.. NO...who gives a shit anyway..my dad is bigger than your dad attitude...its all bollocks...

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Its called "being ironic", for thise fans who believe he was being serious.

The Rev

CCFCschoey

well... sorry for causing such a dispute guys! :') i was'nt trying to get to the 'hardcore' suppourter thing, nor was i asking people about how abusive we could be. i was simply asking why our crowd did'nt perform the way we could, through simple chants and songs that could've spurred the team on. i really don't see the point in going to an away game if your not going to make an effort to back the players through noise. this is just mu opinion. PUSB

superskyblue

I been on average to about 5 away games a season since I was 5 years old. I'm now 21. I personally do not sing, therefore, I am 'coming out' as a shit fan.. feel free to ban me from the forum and rip up my tickets. Cheers...

ashbyjan

Glad of the confession Superskyblue now if you could do the honourable thing and please change your poster name to Belowaverageskyblueandnotworthyofattendingawaygames

Alex

What about FairlycommittedSkyBlue? I personally like singing to support the players but I haven't got a problem with those who don't. Anyway I thought we were a lot better than the notts fans, at least to start off with.

pusbccfc

Don't mean to start a argument again, but what would the players think if we all had that attitude and made no noise?
Surely it would be demoralising?

Changeyourface

Don't mean to start a argument again, but what would the players think if we all had that attitude and made no noise?

Apparently the concept of singing at football matches to support your team is a new and strange idea to some people. Turns out we're weird, I'd better ditch the Blue WKD's and get myself a hip flask.

superskyblue

You're right it probably would be, but the suggestions made earlier on that someone who doesn't sing isn't a true supporter is ridiculous and pathetic. Just because someone doesn't sing it doesn't mean they don't care.

Nick

Administrator

No, I am not having a go like that. I respect that people sing and get behind the team like that. What I was having a dig at was people saying that the people who don't sing may as well not bother going etc.

Users who are viewing this thread