Our fans at forest (1 Viewer)

CCFCschoey

why on earth was our support so so so bad? we had a awesome response from the fans at reading last week, and 1000 more were there today and it was silent... anyone know why?

Otis

2,700 there.

Nerves I guess and 8 defeats on the bounce made this an even more huge game.

CCFCschoey

suppose, it was like a library, it was silent, i was hoping we'd all be buzzing for it, but that did not seem the case...

Otis

Guess they were expecting the team to come out firing on all cylinders.

And they didn't.

Johnnythespider

I was there today, first away trip since rochdale in the cup i don't know how long ago, was expecting the team to come out like it was a cup final, they did'nt and the atmosphere died with it.

pusbccfc

Once again and I'll get some stick for this, but the usual away followers will agree.

Its down to the part timers, and its not all, cause I have family members that go to only 2 or 3 away games a season but sing their hearts out.
The usual away support never stop singing, every game this season our supports been immense bar the forest and brighton game.

Songs like away away away, never got going today cause simply there was too many part time away fans that don't know the words.

Again today all you could hear was 'PUSB' every 5 minutes! That really really annoys me because we have other songs but that's the only song sung because its one of a few that fans that don't attend the away games know.

Now I'm not giving fans that don't like singing, or fans that only can attend to certain away games for personal reasons stick...
But its every away game the same lot sing, and its the lads from B15 usually as it was against reading that make the noise.

CCFCschoey

that was my EXACT opinion 'pusbccfc' i totally agree. to many people hopped on the bandwagon after the win on tuesday, and the regulars could'nt get a propper song going. and our song gets ruined, i hate the fact we sing it about 50 times a game. i could not agree with you any more pal, seriously i could'nt. look at us at reading? we were phenomenal, and derby, and west ham, blackpool, but today was poor.

Johnnythespider

I won't give you any stick mate you've probably hit the nail on the head, but don't worry i think you'll be down to the away hardcore again next time ;)
Once again and I'll get some stick for this, but the usual away followers will agree.

Its down to the part timers, and its not all, cause I have family members that go to only 2 or 3 away games a season but sing their hearts out.
The usual away support never stop singing, every game this season our supports been immense bar the forest and brighton game.

Songs like away away away, never got going today cause simply there was too many part time away fans that don't know the words.

Again today all you could hear was 'PUSB' every 5 minutes! That really really annoys me because we have other songs but that's the only song sung because its one of a few that fans that don't attend the away games know.

Now I'm not giving fans that don't like singing, or fans that only can attend to certain away games for personal reasons stick...
But its every away game the same lot sing, and its the lads from B15 usually as it was against reading that make the noise.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, lets not let those people go because they don't sing our special songs....

So more people wanted to go to Forest, it is local and a big game. Maybe we should tell the ticket office to test their song lyric and smoke bomb knowledge before they sell them tickets?

Johnnythespider

Bandwagon, are you having a laugh, you'll be blaming us for the defeat next.
that was my EXACT opinion 'pusbccfc' i totally agree. to many people hopped on the bandwagon after the win on tuesday, and the regulars could'nt get a propper song going. and our song gets ruined, i hate the fact we sing it about 50 times a game. i could not agree with you any more pal, seriously i could'nt. look at us at reading? we were phenomenal, and derby, and west ham, blackpool, but today was poor.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well at least next time you will be back to the 300 who enjoy self inflicted pain but at least they will know the words to the songs.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

What utter bollocks! Support isn't just about singing a few songs! I do that when I'm pissed!
I've been to many hundreds of games and have yet to "sing"! I've screamed and shouted if the lads are doing well and shout a good few obscenities if I felt they deserved it. Mates would leave huge gaps around me on the terraces because I got so passionate - without bloody singing like a strangled budgie! (especially to chants that are undecipherable!)

Yeah, lets not let those people go because they don't sing our special songs....

So more people wanted to go to Forest, it is local and a big game. Maybe we should tell the ticket office to test their song lyric and smoke bomb knowledge before they sell them tickets?

I know the point the original post by pusbccfc was getting at and you haven't got it.

Perhaps you'd prefer everyone to turn up with there flasks and when our team runs out we bury our heads in the programme rather than stand up and sing ?

CUS Wyken

We said the same about the lack of noise... I wouldnt say its because of the 'bandwagon' following because I've known plenty of times when we've took massive following and the atmosphere been quality.

It was because the game was shocking. 2 poor sides and we weren't given much to cheer about as usual.granted Blackpool and reading were better but the importance of the game took over.

On a side note them stewards and OB were proper twats today.

Nick

Administrator
I know the point the original post by pusbccfc was getting at and you haven't got it.

Perhaps you'd prefer everyone to turn up with there flasks and when our team runs out we bury our heads in the programme rather than stand up and sing ?

I would rather 20,000 turn up with flasks than 300 who sing the songs..

I understand the point he was making, that is was because people who dont usually go away went so they didnt know the songs and kept singing PUSB.

CCFC123

what a tripe posting. 'it was because of part timers jumping on the band wagon'? how pathetic and embarrasing.

did you count the regulars singing against the non regulars? it was because the side were a joke again and never shown any heart was why the atmosphere was crap.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The point is clear, CCFC fans have to moan out something. If numbers are too low people moan about lack of support, if fans do turn out in good number fans moan that then those extra fans are to blame for the lack of an atmosphere.
I guess moaning about SISU, Thorn and the players has become tiresome for most.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yay, more in-fighting. We're all City fans here and we show it in different ways; some sing their hearts out, others don't-but they still pay and turn up to watch dire football.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
2700 was a good turn out; just a shame the players didnt repay us!!

It did make me laugh that at one point there was 2 versions of the Cov song going, and it sounded dreadful because we couldnt get a song going in tune!!

However bad the singing, the fans that went should be commended for showing up - silent or not!!

I would rather 20,000 turn up with flasks than 300 who sing the songs..

So you're not a fan of it being a local supporters game, you want more an entertainment factor. I've always valued the fact i've grown up supporting my local team through thick and thin and also realised that despite it's no longer a "working mans game" i'll work 40 hours a week and go and enjoy a few pints and a sing song and "day of it" no matter what the cost. But why you;re against those that want a sing song and to let there hair down I don't know.

The point is clear, CCFC fans have to moan out something. If numbers are too low people moan about lack of support, if fans do turn out in good number fans moan that then those extra fans are to blame for the lack of an atmosphere.
I guess moaning about SISU, Thorn and the players has become tiresome for most.

I'm not moaning about the crap atmosphere and i'm not moaning about anyone ! Just trying to balance things

Nick

Administrator
I'm not against them, I am not sure where I wrote that or where I said I didn't like it being local supporters?

It was people saying about a bandwagon and part timers ruining the atmosphere...

People are more than welcome to have some beers and sing a song, the same as people who just want to go and watch a football match.

CCFCschoey

2700 was a good turn out; just a shame the players didnt repay us!!

It did make me laugh that at one point there was 2 versions of the Cov song going, and it sounded dreadful because we couldnt get a song going in tune!!

However bad the singing, the fans that went should be commended for showing up - silent or not!!
hahaha that bit litterally made me just drop my head, laugh and it summed up the day, 1 was 1 verse behind the other! :')

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you're not a fan of it being a local supporters game, you want more an entertainment factor. I've always valued the fact i've grown up supporting my local team through thick and thin and also realised that despite it's no longer a "working mans game" i'll work 40 hours a week and go and enjoy a few pints and a sing song and "day of it" no matter what the cost. But why you;re against those that want a sing song and to let there hair down I don't know.
It is more the shitty attitude blaming fans for the lack of atmosphere because they are not regulars, would you rather it would have been the 300 regulars all singing a song to which nobody can hear anyway?
No wonder we have poor support as any new fans will just get turned away as not regulars. If we were to get 30k every other week if we became successful you strike me as the person who would be saying "Where were you during the dark days, we don't need your support now"

People are more than welcome to have some beers and sing a song, the same as people who just want to go and watch a football match.

And I totally agree , my dad and a few other family members sit in the Tesco stand and I know when I sit with them it's going to be a quiet affair and i respect that and I don't bounce around half pissed.

On the flip side i'll go to an away game with my mates or brother in law and co and I know it's going to get messy - there's a time and a place for everything in football.

pusbccfc

As I have said, I'm not trying to say, that if you sing your heart out at games that makes you a more superior fan.

But what I was saying is that the fans that make the noise are USUALLY the regulars.

Also I am not saying the so called 'bandwagon' fans are the ones that don't make the noise but its a fact that at the games we take a larger following, the noise and atmosphere is far worse.
Brighton, forest and brum away last year in the cup are all examples of larger city following that have failed to create a atmosphere.
Whereas at leeds, blackpool, reading and derby etc, where the away following has been as low as 300, the noise and atmosphere is far greater.

As I said before, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Last edited:
It is more the shitty attitude blaming fans for the lack of atmosphere because they are not regulars, would you rather it would have been the 300 regulars all singing a song to which nobody can hear anyway?
No wonder we have poor support as any new fans will just get turned away as not regulars. If we were to get 30k every other week if we became successful you strike me as the person who would be saying "Where were you during the dark days, we don't need your support now"

I wouldn't be a supporter of this club if I said we don't need your support now would I ?

jan87

I was standing to the left of the goal, there seemed to be plenty of noise around me. If the players gave as much effort in playing as my family does in getting to the matches we would be top of the league. It is now 23.00 and we have just arrived home from Nottingham.

marcus87

why on earth was our support so so so bad? we had a awesome response from the fans at reading last week, and 1000 more were there today and it was silent... anyone know why?

where i was sitting we sang all game 2700 away fans is good for a club thats battling relagation i think you must ov been in the forest end

superskyblue

Spot on Nick, sorry people invaded the special club.

Users who are viewing this thread