Open Meeting about Stewarding (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Next time you get asked just say mind your own business. You don’t need to tell a steward anything. You’ve got a valid ticket.

When I feel rowdy I go in using my daughter's JSB ticket. I don't think anybody has actually realised yet.

Then if they pull me over I'll be like "bam, just took the wrong one out of my wallet"

Living on the edge.

giphy.gif

M&B Stand

When I feel rowdy I go in using my daughter's JSB ticket. I don't think anybody has actually realised yet.

Then if they pull me over I'll be like "bam, just took the wrong one out of my wallet"

Living on the edge.

giphy.gif

Anarchist

clint van damme

Living on the edge.

giphy.gif

that's how it starts, next thing you'll be flinging human shit at the players.

Nick

Administrator
that's how it starts, next thing you'll be flinging human shit at the players.

Not crazy enough.

I will be like the guy I saw in a cup game who kept shouting stuff at Biamou then hiding behind his coat. Giving it absolutely loads while Biamou was warming up and when he turned round shit himself and pulled his coat up.

mark82

I'm not sure, my dad has always been with me

I'm not entirely sure why it's such a problem if he's always with you. All you have to do is point at him. Worry about the big things in life rather than something that is making no difference to how your day turns out.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

There’s obviously a few people, who know people that are on Disabilty and use a letter off them to get 2 season tickets on the cheap. The club are probably cottoning on to this and so doing checks.

Would having a scanned image of the holder on the season ticket card help with these issues?

That doesn't change the need for ensure everyone is treated with common courtesy and with a smile though!

MatthewWallis

I'm not entirely sure why it's such a problem if he's always with you. All you have to do is point at him. Worry about the big things in life rather than something that is making no difference to how your day turns out.

Well the whole point of this thread is about the stewards. I guess the whole meeting was pointless then as there is always bigger things to worry about. I shouldn’t have to point out a disabled person in the crowd just because I’m going into the ground.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
Well the whole point of this thread is about the stewards. I guess the whole meeting was pointless then as there is always bigger things to worry about. I shouldn’t have to point out a disabled person in the crowd just because I’m going into the ground.

Surely it wouldn't be in the crowd and he would be next to you? If he isn't next to you and you are going through the turnstyle on your own I can't see the issue with them checking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so what was the outcome of this meeting? Was it well attended?

MatthewWallis

Surely it wouldn't be in the crowd and he would be next to you? If he isn't next to you and you are going through the turnstyle on your own I can't see the issue with them checking.

There is still people around in the queue to get in. If you were disabled would you like to be pointed out all the time while trying to get in the ground? As I said before the checks were done when the tickets were purchased, so no need for it again. It’s the same as when tickets were checked outside the ground then in the ground to make sure people were in the right block, there is no need for it

Reactions: vow

skyblueinBaku

There is still people around in the queue to get in. If you were disabled would you like to be pointed out all the time while trying to get in the ground? As I said before the checks were done when the tickets were purchased, so no need for it again. It’s the same as when tickets were checked outside the ground then in the ground to make sure people were in the right block, there is no need for it
What's wrong with checking that people are in the right block?

Nick

Administrator

As you are his son I doubt you are pointing at him and mocking and as you are talking to a steward it's probably obvious that you are pointing to who you are caring for. If you are using a carer's ticket and you go into the ground on your own then I can't see the issue. Just make sure you go in with your dad who you are caring for, surely? If for example you were pushing a wheelchair in then it's obvious and a bit silly to ask you.

There's nothing really wrong with additional checking, it's like me saying that checks were done when I bought the JSB season ticket so nobody should ever check if it's a child using it.

Great_Expectations

I’m not sure why they’ve started checking tickets when at the top of the stairs leading to each block. If people aren’t sure where togo
What's wrong with checking that people are in the right block?

To be fair that is irritating. If people aren’t sure where they need to be or which block they are in, they should ask; the stewards should be there and ready to help but in a reactive way.

Instead they insist on checking everyone’s tickets which causes a queue on the stairs and ultimately a needless delay in getting to your seat. Especially for ST holders who have sat in the same seat for years and know exactly where they are going.

ccfcricoh

I’m not sure why they’ve started checking tickets when at the top of the stairs leading to each block. If people aren’t sure where togo

To be fair that is irritating. If people aren’t sure where they need to be or which block they are in, they should ask; the stewards should be there and ready to help but in a reactive way.

Instead they insist on checking everyone’s tickets which causes a queue on the stairs and ultimately a needless delay in getting to your seat. Especially for ST holders who have sat in the same seat for years and know exactly where they are going.
Must admit thought they'd stopped this?

My ticket hasn't been checked in block 20 this season at all at the top of the stairs

CJ_covblaze

With regards to ticket checks it might be a bit annoying but isn't it just the nature of events now? I get my ticket checked at a gig far more than I do at the Ricoh.

Adge

With regards to ticket checks it might be a bit annoying but isn't it just the nature of events now?
Well I have heard that them Bros concerts can be very raucous, so they would be quite right.

Users who are viewing this thread