Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Reminiscing over the big names

CCFC_Irish

Bench Warmer
Joined
Oct 12, 2022
Messages
268
Reaction score
337
With Coventry being on the verge of returning to the Premiership it has got me thinking about the big names that have visited Coventry.

If memory serves me correct Coventry played Bayern Munich at Highfield Road in 1998 losing 4-2. I vaguely remember my older brother who was more of a football fanatic than me looking forward to seeing Élber play.
 
With Coventry being on the verge of returning to the Premiership it has got me thinking about the big names that have visited Coventry.

If memory serves me correct Coventry played Bayern Munich at Highfield Road in 1998 losing 4-2. I vaguely remember my older brother who was more of a football fanatic than me looking forward to seeing Élber play.

We organised a friendly during the bundeslegia winter break- obviously not expecting to beat Liverpool away in the third round of the FA cup. We ended up playing it a few days (edit) *after* the 4th round tie.

 
We organised a friendly during the bundeslegia winter break- obviously not expecting to beat Liverpool away in the third round of the FA cup. We ended up playing it a few days (edit) *after* the 4th round tie.

Great find JHB.

Simon Howarth v Lothar Matthaus. Funny old game.
 
Seeing the 2000/2001 Man United squad at HR was huge for me as a kid. I remember David Beckham chatting with the ballboys
 
Watching Haaland and Rodri play against us next year at the CBS is going to be utterly surreal
 
With Coventry being on the verge of returning to the Premiership it has got me thinking about the big names that have visited Coventry.

If memory serves me correct Coventry played Bayern Munich at Highfield Road in 1998 losing 4-2. I vaguely remember my older brother who was more of a football fanatic than me looking forward to seeing Élber play.
Damn elber that brings back memories. on fm97 I lost in champions league semi finals to Bayern. I was man u. I had never won a European trophy and man U were only side that could give you a small shot at it. Elber scored 5 goals and I lost 9-4 on agg or something.

So then I signed elber in that summer and thought he was the missing piece . I was so excited. I promptly went out in the quarter finals the next year!

But his name more than any makes me think about my love for football management games!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom