Open Meeting about Stewarding (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
NEWS: Matchday Stewarding Open Forum to take place this month

Whenever I see the name Nikki Pollard I think.

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

christonabike

Maybe they are going to give us cuddles and a hand shake before we get booted out!
:wideyed:

Warwickhunt

Probably to Stop City Supporters getting into the RICOH after our contract expires

chiefdave

Could discuss some protest guidance with them and the crazy thing they do with the barriers after every game
The barriers thing is nuts, just creates a problem where the fence ends. Reminds me of this.

Apparently they've also started keeping the gate from car park B on to Jimmy Hill Way closed after matches as they claim people keep getting run over despite the fact hardly anyone walks that way. Surely they could put a couple of stewards out to stop pedestrians who can't work out you need to not walk out in front of a car.

That means they now have our fans sat in their cars unable to move while the away fans walk through the car park, if it ever kicked off that doesn't sound a great idea.

They'd be better off directing away fans to car park B along with people that won't be rushing to get away, players, media, directors, people in hospitality etc. Then you wouldn't have our fans trying to get into B while there's away fans trying to get round to A!

Nick

Administrator
Is that the gate straight onto the bypass? whats the point in it if they dont use it?

chiefdave

Is that the gate straight onto the bypass? whats the point in it if they dont use it?
Assume so, chap near me had a letter from the club on his way in to the car park the other week. Reckoned the safety group reckoned loads of people were getting run over which, unless he was making it up, is clearly bollocks. People wouldn't walk that way, it would be the longest way round.

Even if they did other grounds can cope. Look at Wembley they have tens of thousands of people walking up to the tube which goes across a road without people getting run over.

CJ_covblaze

Will be there later. Does anyone have anything they want bringing up?

Old Warwickshire lad

Ask the pratt in charge of stewarding why he felt it necessary to ruin the atmosphere at games,by wrecking singers corner.
And why is he desperate to push all the old CCFC stewards out and replace them with people who don’t have a clue.

MatthewWallis

Will be there later. Does anyone have anything they want bringing up?

Sometimes I get asked who am I caring for with my carers seasons ticket and frankly I don’t think it’s any of their business. The necessary checks were taken at the time of getting the season tickets so don’t see the need for that to be asked. What’s next, will they start asking my dad was disability he has?

mds

Not judging you Mathew but i think it is their business, i know of a least two people that can easily afford full price season tickets but will try their hardest to get one at a concession rate, mid fifties getting oap pricing, its a minor inconvenience but if it helps stop someone or catches someone screwing the club out of a few pounds, so be it.

coop

Not judging you Mathew but i think it is their business, i know of a least two people that can easily afford full price season tickets but will try their hardest to get one at a concession rate, mid fifties getting oap pricing, its a minor inconvenience but if it helps stop someone or catches someone screwing the club out of a few pounds, so be it.
Try checking out Tim fisher and Sisu they screw the club out of money and stop people enjoying themselves.

slyblue57

I thought there d been a slight shift at the last home game. I had a bit of a joke with one of the Stewards who was pleasant and very polite.
My season ticket was checked which involved a quick look to see if it was a senior ticket and a very cursory pat down all done in good humour.
No checks up to my seat.

Garryb80

I thought there d been a slight shift at the last home game. I had a bit of a joke with one of the Stewards who was pleasant and very polite.
My season ticket was checked which involved a quick look to see if it was a senior ticket and a very cursory pat down all done in good humour.
No checks up to my seat.
But they dont search everyone only selected people. Do everyone or nobody

Sbarcher

No checks up to my seat.
Only my missus is allowed to check up to my seat.

Warwickhunt

But they dont search everyone only selected people. Do everyone or nobody
usually disabled people because they are frightened of able body people, watched them pat down a pensioner but never looked in the bag on his back
bunch of morons if you ask me

Nick

Administrator
No checks up to my seat.
One of them told me to hurry up else I'll miss a goal when I stopped to tie shoes up against Wimbledon on my way in. Match fixing?

chiefdave

Was hoping to get to this but got stuck at work.

Besides what I posted earlier I'd like to know why they've decided at the last couple of matches its a good idea to have a steward stand at the top of the stairs blocking people getting out at the end a game. Was already a bottleneck and its now far worse.

Seems to me its either incompetence at a supervisor / management level or they're deliberately trying to frustrate people in the hope it all kicks off.

christonabike

Went satdee with my little one and her ticket wouldn’t scan on the turnstile and the stewards promptly showed her the side door and was opened and all in good manners and seemed to care.
Can’t knock that. Well done as it could be some miserable fook pointing to the ticket office like before. Ffs she is only a kid!

MatthewWallis

You have to show a letter proving you receive PIP and then the disabled person is entitled to take a carer to the game. Why does that need to be questioned every time you go in? It doesn’t.

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

Went satdee with my little one and her ticket wouldn’t scan on the turnstile and the stewards promptly showed her the side door and was opened and all in good manners and seemed to care.
Can’t knock that. Well done as it could be some miserable fook pointing to the ticket office like before. Ffs she is only a kid!

from my own experiences the stewarding has improved greatly since the start of the season where I sit. I did complain and it seems it was listened to so credit where it's due.

christonabike

I remember they used to have an attitude as if they had a shyte job during the week and this was their chance to "be someone".

ajsccfc

I had similar with a print at home ticket too. I was fully expecting the steward to send me off to the ticket office and queue but he just pointed me to the fella at the door who scanned it and let me in, very pleasantly surprised.

Liquid Gold

What time does the ticket office shut on match day. About quarter to three a bloke turned up asking to get in but only had card. the steward sent him back to tesco to get cash but surely he could have paid on card at the ticket office??

I put my season ticket in before the turnstiles had finished spinning for the person in front at some point earlier in the season and it wouldn't let me in. Stewards happily opened the main gate and let me in.

Nick

Administrator
What time does the ticket office shut on match day. About quarter to three a bloke turned up asking to get in but only had card. the steward sent him back to tesco to get cash but surely he could have paid on card at the ticket office??

I put my season ticket in before the turnstiles had finished spinning for the person in front at some point earlier in the season and it wouldn't let me in. Stewards happily opened the main gate and let me in.
It's usually after kick off I think?

M&B Stand

You have to show a letter proving you receive PIP and then the disabled person is entitled to take a carer to the game. Why does that need to be questioned every time you go in? It doesn’t.

There’s obviously a few people, who know people that are on Disabilty and use a letter off them to get 2 season tickets on the cheap. The club are probably cottoning on to this and so doing checks.

Adge

There’s obviously a few people, who know people that are on Disabilty and use a letter off them to get 2 season tickets on the cheap. The club are probably cottoning on to this and so doing checks.
Fair play to them!

MatthewWallis

Well no, because they don't check ID or anything. They just ask who you are caring for, this wouldn't stop the above scenario

Users who are viewing this thread