on sky sports now (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Yet some still say that NOPM isn't working..........

There's a differnce between NOPM and investing money into a stadium which in regards time doesn't take up years of construction, planning, groundsite approval, etc.

Just because Labotomy has come on SSN and is hinting for new negotiations it doesn't mean NOPM working it shows that SISU are looking at the next move.

thaiskyblue

There's a differnce between NOPM and investing money into a stadium which in regards time doesn't take up years of construction, planning, groundsite approval, etc.

Just because Labotomy has come on SSN and is hinting for new negotiations it doesn't mean NOPM working it shows that SISU are looking at the next move.
they are flapping, big pr push, nopm is working,

Dhinsa's_Millions

SISU are really pinning their hopes on this Judicial Review - what are the chances of them getting anything from it when a judge has already thrown it out? Do they have CCTV of the balloon incident?! haha.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

He mentioned the fact that ACL were happy to sell to Byng, Haskell and the Chinese group, but were not willing to discuss a sale with SISU.

This interests me simply because how do ACL/CCC know that by selling the stadium to a Haskell for an example will bring a trustworthy owner of the Arena? I hear Joe Elliott's trust, in people to bring into our club has been magnificent..

Sub

we dont but its better to take a punt on somebody new instead of following the current owners who have destroyed this club completely and removed it from its home town !!

RoboCCFC90

they are flapping, big pr push, nopm is working,

How can you point this at NOPM????

SISU must return to a stadium within the Coventry Area within certain amount of time (Argument sake 5 years) why for heavens sake would you build a stadium that may cost £25,000,000 when you can try buying one that suits the model for possibly the same price, including that if SISU spent £40,000,000 (Arguements sake) on buying the Arena they could start tomorrow by recouperating that amount of money and not have to wait three or possibly five years..

RoboCCFC90

we dont but its better to take a punt on somebody new instead of following the current owners who have destroyed this club completely and removed it from its home town !!

Agreed but a line needs to be drawn for the sake of everything.

Lets be honest though Sub you and many others say "Don't sell the Ricoh" yet if they build a ground six miles away from Coventry City Centre then you'd be the first to say "it's not in Coventry, it's to far, I won't support them"

GaryPendrysEyes

This interests me simply because how do ACL/CCC know that by selling the stadium to a Haskell for an example will bring a trustworthy owner of the Arena? I hear Joe Elliott's trust, in people to bring into our club has been magnificent..

That is the old 'stay with the wife beater because you might end up with the yorkshire ripper' argument. The fact is we KNOW after 5 years how incompetent and unethical Sisu are; discussions, agreements and contracts can be made with a new owner to reduce those risks....
Sisu are dead and buried in Coventry with the fans, Council, ACL, sponsors pretty much everyone. Time for them to move on, us to breathe a huge sigh of relief and start afresh...

RegTheDonk

Just seen the clip. The bloke looks desperate. Or bricking it. Maybe he's desperate for a shit.

Just get on and build your dream home Mark, its what Tim and Joy have been threatening all along.

Time for the FL to grow some balls and act too.

Sub

simple fact for me is mate if they dont return to the ricoh i dont return as a fan end of story for me its that simple, home town team is in coventry not outside the boundry

RoboCCFC90

That is the old 'stay with the wife beater because you might end up with the yorkshire ripper' argument. The fact is we KNOW after 5 years how incompetent and unethical Sisu are; discussions, agreements and contracts can be made with a new owner to reduce those risks....
Sisu are dead and buried in Coventry with the fans, Council, ACL, sponsors pretty much everyone. Time for them to move on, us to breathe a huge sigh of relief and start afresh...

We'd all like them to move on, however is this likely? No

We need to face facts with what we have and not hoping for things that aren't likely.

SkyblueBazza

I think that is wrong. The only reason they are "looking at the next move" is because the moves they had predicted have, or are starting to go desperately wrong. The impact of NOPM must be making them at least think more carefully...they're maybe thinking they underestimated fan-power. However these people appear so pig-headed in actions (TF in words as well!) that NOPM is unlikely to be the only factor influencing recent statements & interviews...I suspect something significant is happening, but what it is? It is - anybody's guess!

RoboCCFC90

simple fact for me is mate if they dont return to the ricoh i dont return as a fan end of story for me its that simple, home town team is in coventry not outside the boundry

I get that stance. Hence why CCC must sell the Ricoh to the club and I know the arguement will be "Well it won't be the club it'll be SISU and they'll charge us an extortionate rent amount" and so on however that's not a nailed certainty it's just mythology and why not sell it to them a line needs to be drawn between us all.

thaiskyblue

How can you point this at NOPM????

SISU must return to a stadium within the Coventry Area within certain amount of time (Argument sake 5 years) why for heavens sake would you build a stadium that may cost £25,000,000 when you can try buying one that suits the model for possibly the same price, including that if SISU spent £40,000,000 (Arguements sake) on buying the Arena they could start tomorrow by recouperating that amount of money and not have to wait three or possibly five years..
it's all hot air, there's no new stadium , please wake up robbo, you seem like a real fan , don't be sucked in by these charlatans.

Astute

Why do you feel as though you have to justify the way that they have ripped apart our club and our fans all the time?

Do you really think anyone else would have done a worse job of running our club than SISU? They have even threatened to liquidate us in the recent past until their bluff was called.

Now ACL are calling their bluff on this supposed ground they are going to build. They are used to managing to get forced sales to them. This one isn't happening. They will be left with 3 choices.

Build a ground :thinking about:

Go back with tail between their legs and agree a low rent.

Sell or liquidate our club. If they tried to liquidate....which would lose them everything they have put in as there is hardly any value......others would jump at the chance of getting it cheaply.......just like SISU did. There would be no Appleton again and the FL/FA would have to step in. Liquidation is a different kettle of fish. Although I don't see it as going in that direction.

RoboCCFC90

I think that is wrong. The only reason they are "looking at the next move" is because the moves they had predicted have, or are starting to go desperately wrong. The impact of NOPM must be making them at least think more carefully...they're maybe thinking they underestimated fan-power. However these people appear so pig-headed in actions (TF in words as well!) that NOPM is unlikely to be the only factor influencing recent statements & interviews...I suspect something significant is happening, but what it is? It is - anybody's guess!

Before NOPM we needed to make sure we returned to Coventry within a set amount of time, so why would you spend £30,000,000+ in building a new stadium when you can buy one from a company that is struggling to manage it??

RoboCCFC90

it's all hot air, there's no new stadium , please wake up robbo, you seem like a real fan , don't be sucked in by these charlatans.

The thing is whether there is or there isn't ThaiSB if there isn't a new stadium then what other options are there that will present us with a return to Coventry?? The council selling the Ricoh.

I am just a fan like everyone else ThaiSB :)

Sub

I get that stance. Hence why CCC must sell the Ricoh to the club and I know the arguement will be "Well it won't be the club it'll be SISU and they'll charge us an extortionate rent amount" and so on however that's not a nailed certainty it's just mythology and why not sell it to them a line needs to be drawn between us all.

well if the owners had been more trustworthy and not shafted or tried to shaft everybody they might have that option to buy like they had when they first took over, but it was not deemed as important at that point in time according to SISU, SISU have made their bed and have to lie in it now, you can not keep stabbing people in the back and lieing and expect people to welcome you with open arms when you want to change your tune and ask for something that the very people you have been shafting have something you need !

thaiskyblue

The thing is whether there is or there isn't ThaiSB if there isn't a new stadium then what other options are there that will present us with a return to Coventry?? The council selling the Ricoh.

i can see that and sense it from your posts, i love ccfc it's been a massive part of my life for well over 40+ years, going every where, feeling sad, happy , ecstatic, deflated , etc, these lot don't give a monkeys (sisu ), i'm enjoying see them crawling.

Astute

My mind was made up 100% that SISU shouldn't get the ground once Joy admitted that she said the price she was willing to pay....take it or leave it. We also know she tried to take over the 14m mortgage and pay much less. Then there is the JR we all know about.

Yet some say it is the Council being difficult.

RoboCCFC90

Why do you feel as though you have to justify the way that they have ripped apart our club and our fans all the time?

Do you really think anyone else would have done a worse job of running our club than SISU? They have even threatened to liquidate us in the recent past until their bluff was called.

Now ACL are calling their bluff on this supposed ground they are going to build. They are used to managing to get forced sales to them. This one isn't happening. They will be left with 3 choices.

Build a ground :thinking about:

Go back with tail between their legs and agree a low rent.

Sell or liquidate our club. If they tried to liquidate....which would lose them everything they have put in as there is hardly any value......others would jump at the chance of getting it cheaply.......just like SISU did. There would be no Appleton again and the FL/FA would have to step in. Liquidation is a different kettle of fish. Although I don't see it as going in that direction.

I just see in parts that they have a point in their arguement as with the Ricoh.

What I think of SISU running our club is irrelevenat, what is done is done, we are where we are. We can't continue to sit here and say "Who could have done this or what" or hope things that can't happen.

If it's a "supposed" new ground like you say and lets say for a minute it is why employ CBRE and all the other companies that SISU are employing??

Option 1 - Likely 75%
Option 2 - 25%
Option 3 - 0%

NorthernWisdom

If it gets properly liquidated it drops out the league and has to start again.

Value would be players, Ryton, whatever else they own. Sufficient to get something back, while sending a message to other people they may come across elsewhere in their portfolio that yep, they go for the best deal possible and are prepared to sacrifice a small amount for that if it doesn;t come off, as per their past track record of doing just that.

GaryPendrysEyes

We'd all like them to move on, however is this likely? No

We need to face facts with what we have and not hoping for things that aren't likely.

Yes it is likely, if NOPM is maintained. They arent going to buy a new stadium with the Ricoh there that's nonsensical. This is a war of attrition and if they are looking down the barrel of years of losses with little Cov support the business reality is they will get out.
They know this is a key time, the team has done better than they expected - but may be wavering; crowds may drop during winter, but to me they are looking to in particular put pressure on CCC around the judicial review date [try and cut a deal before and offer withdrawl].

CCC say no, the review is thrown out, NOPM is maintained and they will sell sooner rather than later IMHO.

RoboCCFC90

well if the owners had been more trustworthy and not shafted or tried to shaft everybody they might have that option to buy like they had when they first took over, but it was not deemed as important at that point in time according to SISU, SISU have made their bed and have to lie in it now, you can not keep stabbing people in the back and lieing and expect people to welcome you with open arms when you want to change your tune and ask for something that the very people you have been shafting have something you need !

I agree, however it has to get to a point where you have to look at a situation and say is it worth continuing the finger pointing and blame game? We all know what SISU have done and there is no excusing that however we need to move forward bitching and whining will not achieve that.

What they could have done at the beginning is irrelevant now, they didn't do it..

Hobo

There is an option for SISU to take themselves back to the table and start negotiating from a realistic position. Or put their money where their mouth is and start building a football stadium.

Where are their accounts and forecasts to back up their vision or even validate the debts they claim to themselves while in Administration while people wanted to buy us.

I have not seen the interview, the fact they are giving interviews means they are starting to understand they will have to find cash each month to pay the wages (a lot more if people did not go to sixfields). NOW IS THE TIME to show your support for the team, pack out wolves and walsall, send a message to sisu now.

Sub

I just see in parts that they have a point in their arguement as with the Ricoh.

What I think of SISU running our club is irrelevenat, what is done is done, we are where we are. We can't continue to sit here and say "Who could have done this or what" or hope things that can't happen.

If it's a "supposed" new ground like you say and lets say for a minute it is why employ CBRE and all the other companies that SISU are employing??

Option 1 - Likely 75%
Option 2 - 25%
Option 3 - 0%

sorry but HAHAHA!!! did you suggest to fisher the fans would be back after 3 games ? get real they are never going to build a ground hense why they want to open communications to get back to buying the ricoh again !

RoboCCFC90

My mind was made up 100% that SISU shouldn't get the ground once Joy admitted that she said the price she was willing to pay....take it or leave it. We also know she tried to take over the 14m mortgage and pay much less. Then there is the JR we all know about.

Yet some say it is the Council being difficult.

It's a mixture of both sides.

RoboCCFC90

sorry but HAHAHA!!! did you suggest to fisher the fans would be back after 3 games ? get real they are never going to build a ground hense why they want to open communications to get back to buying the ricoh again !

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it was my idea :claping hands::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread