on sky sports now (4 Viewers)

Sub

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it was my idea :claping hands::facepalm:

robo it was tounge in cheek comment about the 75% chance of them building the stadium which is about as far off the mark as all the fans returning after 3 games matey ;)

James Smith

If we've moved on as has been repeatedly said by TF and now by Joy herself then we obviously don't need the Ricoh. ACL will do their own thing and we'll do ours in the shape of a new ground, might take a while but these things do.

If we haven't moved on then Tim, Joy and now Mark need to stop saying that we have and talk to ACL.

Astute

I just see in parts that they have a point in their arguement as with the Ricoh.

What I think of SISU running our club is irrelevenat, what is done is done, we are where we are. We can't continue to sit here and say "Who could have done this or what" or hope things that can't happen.

If it's a "supposed" new ground like you say and lets say for a minute it is why employ CBRE and all the other companies that SISU are employing??

Option 1 - Likely 75%
Option 2 - 25%
Option 3 - 0%

I agree with the bit that I have highlighted, but it is you that keeps saying about the trust of others.

I am going by logical thinking.

They are losing 2.5m to 3m a season by having us in Northampton. The only person that wants us there is the Northampton chairman. And I bet he don't want us there as much as he did before we went.

SISU need to lend the money to build a ground. I would say 25m is an absolute minimum. 5 years? So they will have also lost half of the cost of the stadium that they will need to borrow. So the real cost is about 40m. We are already 70m in debt they say, although only a few years ago they told us we were debt free :thinking about:

Will our club ever be worth over 100m?

To me it could be all over well before we expect. They don't have the cash. Joy has admitted so. Just hang on and see what happens.

thaiskyblue

I agree with the bit that I have highlighted, but it is you that keeps saying about the trust of others.

They are losing 2.5m to 3m a season by having us in Northampton. The only person that wants us there is the Northampton chairman. And I bet he don't want us there as much as he did before we went.

SISU need to lend the money to build a ground. I would say 25m is an absolute minimum. 5 years? So they will have also lost half of the cost of the stadium that they will need to borrow. So the real cost is about 40m. We are already 70m in debt they say, although only a few years ago they told us we were debt free :thinking about:

To me it could be all over well before we expect. They don't have the cash. Joy has admitted so. Just hang on and see what happens.
crossing all fingers and my toes.

Dhinsa's_Millions

I wonder if we will ever get a whiff of Dermot Coleman or any of the other SISU backroom? SISU are pretty much trying to get anyone to chip in and convince the Coventry public they have changed. Fisher failed in his PR debacle with the fans and Labovitch and Seppala are struggling with the same issue. I can't see this lasting 5 years. FFP will kick in next season (If we stay up) and we will never get the revenue to spend on wages.Relegation if not this season is surely a certainty with current attendances. SISU will have to sell up or go back to the Ricoh.

Don't forget - SISU have 'moved on' with regards to the Ricoh - Its laughable.

Astute

If it gets properly liquidated it drops out the league and has to start again.

Value would be players, Ryton, whatever else they own. Sufficient to get something back, while sending a message to other people they may come across elsewhere in their portfolio that yep, they go for the best deal possible and are prepared to sacrifice a small amount for that if it doesn;t come off, as per their past track record of doing just that.

If they liquidated they would hardly get anything back. Selling would get them much more.

If liquidated there becomes a place for a team to go into. And as the FL would be partly to blame I would think we wouldn't be too far away from where we are now, rid of SISU and also debt free. We would have a nice stadium to play in. We would also be the best supported side wherever we end up.

Sometimes I think this would be better than what we have now :(

sky blue john

Sounds like good news Sisu are crumbling !!!!
I wouldn't be surprised Sisu are now trying to do a deal because they know that they will lose the JR. Once this happens they will be liable for all the legal costs which i would hate to imagine how much !!!!!
So they will try to deal to eliviate this massive cost !!!!!

rondog1973

All we need to know is Sisu were offered the day they took over a chance to negotiate a new rent deal, they decline saying it wasn't important at that time... Why, because RR sold them a dream by investing and gaining promotion the rent deal will not even matter as they can sell the club or even buy the stadium with prem income...

Now TF admitted they had been the thoughts and plan at the time , so no plan b then, no plan b now, just crying because they did not understand the football business and were not interested in learning it,, just rely on others RR to secure a return...It was never meant to be a long term investment, just a quick turnaround on a decent initial investment which was thought to be enough for promotion.....People need to start looking at the way they have controlled failed and fell over every hurdle until its come to playing dirty,, which the defenders on here seem to like with rd 1 to sisu comments..

The CCC, ACL and Trust don't have to react they are getting to see Sisu no matter how much money they have don't like throwing it a way on something that has already burnt the investors fingers....
Exactly! For my money, they panicked when Coleman had the players at his disposal for a genuine promotion campaign, but proved to be too dismal a manager to coordinate a challenge. Decent players are sold, inept managers subsequently appointed, relegation to league 1 ensues. Sisu got us here, hopefully, if/when the judicial review appeal is thrown out, they will surely realize they have nowhere left to turn. NOPM is working. PUSB!

RoboCCFC90

We shall see...

skybluebal

"the Lady doth protest too much, methinks" William Shakespeare

The more Sisu go on about moving on but spend all this time/energy/money on this pr, the more its obvious they want to talk to CCC about the Ricoh.

Let's see what happens with the JR appeal and if Sisu drop it at the last minute.

luwalla

ive been saying this from the moment i walked out of the fans forums.. the numbers just dont add up.. they say they wont sell now as they are at the bottom of the cycle & have no assets.. but for them to build this stadium before selling, they will need to then sell for over 100 mill just to recover costs , losses , debt etc.. and thats without investing anything into ther team , to try and get us promotion out of this leaguye.. let alone promotion out of the championship.. put simply they would be better selling now and cutting their losses.. the building of the stadium just doesnt stack up like they portray

Dhinsa's_Millions

What I find interesting in hindsight is at the forums Fisher mentioned 'death by a thousand cuts' or 'death by a few cuts' (can anyone remember this) - he seemed to be alluding to a scenario (even when the new ground was being mentioned in the same discussion) that we could be liquidated if things didn't go as planned. Are we approaching such a scenario? Does this all hinge on the Judicial Review?

skyblueinBaku

I'll be surprised if it ain't Fisher..

Fisher is a liability, and it would be counter productive to include him in this PR offensive. I wonder if they will try to get Waggott or Pressley to take part. They are the only people in the management structure who are competent and have gained any respect from the fan base.

chiefdave

We obviously haven't moved on from the Ricoh as SISU keep claiming as they won't bloody shut up about it at the moment! Maybe the Sky reporter should have brought up the response ACL gave to SBT, that they were happy to draw a line under everything and restart negotiations.

He says every club has to own their own stadium - every other club doesn't own their own stadium so is he saying all those that don't are about to go bust? We all know we don't need to own the stadium from the clubs perspective.

He looked very uncomfortable on there for sure, would love to see this lot up in front of someone who actually knew all the details and would press them.

Interesting how he seems to have all the details of potential deals between other parties and the council. How does he know what, if anything, has been agreed?

CCFC aren't tennants anymore have they found another tennant since?

How quickly are you expecting things to happen? ACL were preparing the stadium for CCFC to use this season up to a few weeks ago. Events at a venue that size are booked 12 - 24 months in advance so it's going to be a fair while before we can judge their performance. And it's a mistake to assume they need to find another tenant, they need to replace the income but it doesn't follow that has to be a new tenant.

thaiskyblue

Fisher is a liability, and it would be counter productive to include him in this PR offensive. I wonder if they will try to get Waggott or Pressley to take part. They are the only people in the management structure who are competent and have gained any respect from the fan base.
yeah but fisher was all part of "the cunning plan", good cop bad cop aproach. But alas their all bad..............

skybluetony176

What I find interesting in hindsight is at the forums Fisher mentioned 'death by a thousand cuts' or 'death by a few cuts' (can anyone remember this) - he seemed to be alluding to a scenario (even when the new ground was being mentioned in the same discussion) that we could be liquidated if things didn't go as planned. Are we approaching such a scenario? Does this all hinge on the Judicial Review?

hard to say. acl/ccc did say after the 1st JR was thrown out that they had been gagged by judicial review after it got thrown out. maybe they had statements to release that would damage shitsu, maybe it was just more rhetoric. however i think the appeal (considering the strengh of the judges summing up) came as a suprise and maybe gagged acl/ccc again, if only to the appeal buying shitsu some time to come up with plan B

its a theory anyway

skyblueinBaku

yeah but fisher was all part of "the cunning plan", good cop bad cop aproach. But alas their all bad..............

'Good cop, bad cop' - maybe, TSB. However, I think that TF is a buffoon and would be more at home in the Keystone Cops.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

hard to say. acl/ccc did say after the 1st JR was thrown out that they had been gagged by judicial review after it got thrown out. maybe they had statements to release that would damage shitsu, maybe it was just more rhetoric. however i think the appeal (considering the strengh of the judges summing up) came as a suprise and maybe gagged acl/ccc again, if only to the appeal buying shitsu some time to come up with plan B

its a theory anyway

There has been clear instruction to all members of CCC to maintain silence until the JR process is complete. Given the robust way the original hearing was dealt with; I can see no other outcome for the appeal. None of the key facts have changed, and the same outcome appears inevitable.

However, continuing the process does - in effect - gag the one side of the argument, and give the other side free access to push their PR. It would appear SISU are making full use of that freedom whilst they can

Senior Vick from Alicante

PR offensive is in full swing, but who is going to listen? Its not going to make the fans return until were home in Coventry. Even if and, its a very big if, Sisu and CCC can come to an amenable agreement over the Ricoh where will Sisu get the money. Yes they can get a mortgage but that saddles the club with more debt and makes it far less of a viable purchase for some one if they are looking for that as an exit strategy. Their current fund investors will be getting jittery and I cant see any more of them pumping in millions either. Sisu are hurting and cant keep funding a loss making operation. NOPM.

thaiskyblue

pr offensive is in full swing, but who is going to listen? Its not going to make the fans return until were home in coventry. Even if and, its a very big if, sisu and ccc can come to an amenable agreement over the ricoh where will sisu get the money. Yes they can get a mortgage but that saddles the club with more debt and makes it far less of a viable purchase for some one if they are looking for that as an exit strategy. Their current fund investors will be getting jittery and i cant see any more of them pumping in millions either. Sisu are hurting and cant keep funding a loss making operation. Nopm.
ole !!!

RPHunt

I think most of us realise that SISU don't have the money to build a new stadium nor to buy the Ricoh at a fair price, so what is all this latest posturing about and who is it aimed at?

Could it be that they are laying down the foundations of building an argument they can take to the Football League? They can continue to claim that they must own the freehold of the stadium. However, they have been unable find a sutable site in Coventry where they could get planning permission and the council appear to be unwilling to sell them the freehold of the Ricoh.

The club cannot, obviously, continue to play at Sixfields indefinitely, so will the Football League sanction a ground outside the environs of the city, say Nene Park where there is already a suitable stadium? Oh, and before you answer, remember how much responsibility the League bear for CCFC being in Northampton in the first place and remember what we said about litigation.

thaiskyblue

I think most of us realise that SISU don't have the money to build a new stadium nor to buy the Ricoh at a fair price, so what is all this latest posturing about and who is it aimed at?

Could it be that they are laying down the foundations of building an argument they can take to the Football League? They can continue to claim that they must own the freehold of the stadium. However, they have been unable find a sutable site in Coventry where they could get planning permission and the council appear to be unwilling to sell them the freehold of the Ricoh.

The club cannot, obviously, continue to play at Sixfields indefinitely, so will the Football League sanction a ground outside the environs of the city, say Nene Park where there is already a suitable stadium? Oh, and before you answer, remember how much responsibility the League bear for CCFC being in Northampton in the first place and remember what we said about litigation.
could be , but why, the crowds are piss poor at sickfields and i don't see them increasing, more than likely to go down, so why carry on with this charade.

RPHunt

Who knows what charade they are playing.

I am just saying that there is a stadium (Nene Park) worth damn all as it stands and a football club (CCFC) worth damn all. Put them together and you might have a saleable proposition. Fall back position if SISU can't get the Ricoh at a knockdown price, perhaps?

skybluetony176

Who knows what charade they are playing.

I am just saying that there is a stadium (Nene Park) worth damn all as it stands and a football club (CCFC) worth damn all. Put them together and you might have a saleable proposition. Fall back position if SISU can't get the Ricoh at a knockdown price, perhaps?

nene park has a kiss off death about it, no more rushden and diamonds and kettering town just about hanging on and this would be the final nail in the coffin for ccfc.

Kingokings204

NOMP is working. Agreed. Judge things on face value.... If I was dead set on a news stadium and this "dream" as Joy so elegantly puts it then wouldn't you just build it. They want the Ricoh as what company can lose 3 mil a year so 15m in total over 5 years for no certain success i.e the team can be relegated further etc. End of argument really.

Users who are viewing this thread