Old Accounts Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briles

20 million!
Leicester spending 80 million on a training ground, very impressive it is too. :(

Yeah I was basing on Burton's 10k stadium being 7.5 million, Defo a ball park figure though

Liquid Gold

@NorthernWisdom I am interested to hear your opinion on the trust now. You were fairly vocal after attending a meeting in the summer that they should be given a chance and to judge them later on. From what I can see nothing has changed at all. Has your opinion?

letsallsingtogether

Kinell. Have a read.

In nearly every post, if not all, I’ve caveated that SISU have fuckedup and they’ve sucked. There’s no sweeping anything under the fucking carpet.
Sorry love I never suck...

usskyblue

CJ is a force for good. He wants the best for the club.

We all want the best for the club.

CJ is the acceptable face of the Trust and gets rolled out to cover the expansive cracks between the Trust and the fans....but at the end of the day he can’t affect change within the core of the Trust.

That’s the issue here. The core of the Trust is rotten and has an unshakable agenda.

Skyblueweeman

ITV digital collapsing the season we went down didn’t have an impact on finances? You sure about that?

Point is you can keep pointing to stuff in the past but Sisu knew what they were taking on and took it on believing they could do better, they haven’t so far. Buck stops with them. Ricoh was expensive, but they left it for years before pursuing a high risk high reward strategy that so far seems ill judged. Club was a basket case but they chose to run it from arms length with a bunch of chancers like Delieu and Igwe.

They’ve been in charge a decade, they’ve literally started with a fresh company in Otium entertainment. They’ve broken any previous agreements the club had. Where we are now is all them, the good and the bad. That’s only fair. Otherwise you’re like the Tories whining about the last labour government.

You've just contradicted yourself in one post - 'ITV digital collapse didn't have an effect, you sure about that?' and then 'Where we are now is all them'. Well, you've just said it's not.

Don't be stupid and hark back to the JH days...but to say that our predicament, the last 10 years and our situation is solely down to them is just ignorant and short-sighted.

Sky Blue Pete

We all want the best for the club.

CJ is the acceptable face of the Trust and gets rolled out to cover the expansive cracks between the Trust and the fans....but at the end of the day he can’t affect change within the core of the Trust.

That’s the issue here. The core of the Trust is rotten and has an unshakable agenda.
Some who were willing to force admin didn’t

shmmeee

You've just contradicted yourself in one post - 'ITV digital collapse didn't have an effect, you sure about that?' and then 'Where we are now is all them'. Well, you've just said it's not.

Don't be stupid and hark back to the JH days...but to say that our predicament, the last 10 years and our situation is solely down to them is just ignorant and short-sighted.

It’s not a contradiction. I’m saying you take responsibility for how you handle the events during your tenure. Judge Richardson on how he picked up the club and where he left it. Same for McGinnity. Same for Sisu. Each made mistakes in how they played the hand they were dealt that each should be responsible for. Sisus hand may have been a shit stadium deal, but they’ve played it awfully. Ditto the first several years of the actual day to day running of the club. Bryan Richardson didn’t make them put Fisher or Igwe or Delieu up for the job. CCC didn’t appoint Andy Thorn. Wasps haven’t stopped us buying land for a stadium in however many years. These are Sisus fuck ups and it’s OK to call them out without constant whataboutism from a quarter of a century ago.

fernandopartridge

It’s not a contradiction. I’m saying you take responsibility for how you handle the events during your tenure. Judge Richardson on how he picked up the club and where he left it. Same for McGinnity. Same for Sisu. Each made mistakes in how they played the hand they were dealt that each should be responsible for. Sisus hand may have been a shit stadium deal, but they’ve played it awfully. Ditto the first several years of the actual day to day running of the club. Bryan Richardson didn’t make them put Fisher or Igwe or Delieu up for the job. CCC didn’t appoint Andy Thorn. Wasps haven’t stopped us buying land for a stadium in however many years. These are Sisus fuck ups and it’s OK to call them out without constant whataboutism from a quarter of a century ago.
Let's be honest the hand SISU were dealt was the least manageable of the lot in the sense of what was really under their control. Not that they got it right. Then again I think they should have embarked on the rent strike in 2007 and collapsed ACL tbh.

NorthernWisdom

@NorthernWisdom I am interested to hear your opinion on the trust now. You were fairly vocal after attending a meeting in the summer that they should be given a chance and to judge them later on. From what I can see nothing has changed at all. Has your opinion?
As then, the way to enact change is to turn up and make it happen. As SISU have shown, you don't get anywhere by butting heads, you get there by dialogue. I'm always for a wide range of views on any board, you have to challenge the assumption.

Any of you lot want to stand for the board when the next opportunity presents itself, I'll happily turn up to help vote you in. Get on there, change the Constitution. Get more and more on and, if this viewpoint is the dominant view, it'll be reflected.

Funnily enough some of the floor (not board) decided I was a SISU stooge. Seems I'm the epitome of balance, having all sides think I have an agenda, even if a polar opposite one.

NorthernWisdom

Let's be honest the hand SISU were dealt was the least manageable of the lot in the sense of what was really under their control. Not that they got it right. Then again I think they should have embarked on the rent strike in 2007 and collapsed ACL tbh.
The same applied then as now. Anyone sane wouldn't have taken us over, so you have to question the capabilities of anybody who did!

olderskyblue

Don’t you think it’s intriguing that NW and Olderskyblue were recently canvassing for the Skyblue Trust? Telling us how wrong we were about them, how they aren’t a closed shop and how we all needed to raise our heads above the parapet?

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

What utter bollocks US, perhaps you should go back and read that thread again. The whole point of us going, and a couple of others off this forum, was to see if we could raise the issues we had all discussed on here about the trust, and then see if anything changed. The chair at that meeting, David Eyles, appeared to take on board the messages we gave, but since then, Neil White has been very active on twitter apparently, and it seems they have reverted to type.

The issue we saw at that meeting is that they are being driven by a small number of people who attend, some with very specific and personal grievances with SISU. The hope was that there would have been more meetings since then, and more of us could attend to keep driving home our messages from SBTalk, so they at least see there are more things to worry about than just "SISU out" . It would seem they failed our test.

Is that canvassing for them? :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

On the subject of ownership, it doesn’t matter to some what’s been achieved. The argument regarding ‘where we were’ when SISU took over is actually quite interesting...cuz;

Surely, to judge an owner, you have to look at their whole tenure of owning the club. Why don't you do a list of positives and negatives for SISU, so we can see how balanced you are...Now that would be "interesting". tbf, we have seen people before say "i know XXX is shit, but... and they never detail what the "shit" is, but post lots of stuff about the "shit" from others involved. Is that you too?

Mark Robins clearly has a good relationship with ownership. They seem to have good communication. That’s a good thing in anyone’s book.... unless, apparently, you hate SISU and your agenda is to want them out at all costs.

I have no idea if he has a good relationship with the owners or not. Neither do you. He "clearly" set out his marker for what was necessary to get him to come back. Have they kept to it? Who knows. I suspect they have to a point, or else he may have walked again, but fully? No idea. So, getting him back, and keeping him here, is something they have done that's good.

The point made earlier in the thread was wanting them out is still a perfectly reasonable aspiration, nothing about "at all costs". You made that up.

And to be clear, I would have CCC, Wasps and the council out too. Everyone who has been involved in the off the field mess (including before SISU) should be taken to task. Still rankles why the club didn't get the money from the land deal. Richardson's interview wasn't challenged in the slightest. I would have drawn him over the coals too.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-28_16-35-6.png
    upload_2020-2-28_16-35-6.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 19

Skyblueweeman

Shmmeee, my original post was in response to olderskyblue who said look at where we were when Sisu took over and where we are now. We were on a downward trajectory when they took over. They're therefore not 100% responsible for us being lower now than when they took over. As mentioned earlier, we were on a downward slope...they greased that slope.

That's fact.

Anyway, I can't be arsed going through this again. Differing views blah blah blah. I need to pick the boy up from nursery. Adios.

stupot07

Shmmeee, my original post was in response to olderskyblue who said look at where we were when Sisu took over and where we are now. We were on a downward trajectory when they took over. They're therefore not 100% responsible for us being lower now than when they took over. As mentioned earlier, we were on a downward slope...they greased that slope.

That's fact.

Anyway, I can't be arsed going through this again. Differing views blah blah blah. I need to pick the boy up from nursery. Adios.
This is a really good point, and in no way detracts from the crap Sisu have done wrong.

usskyblue

The same applied then as now. Anyone sane wouldn't have taken us over, so you have to question the capabilities of anybody who did!

Well, thank fuck the idiots did. And via a plethora of fuck-ups and considerable fuckhousery by the Council and Wasps on the way, we are finally enjoying good things on the pitch.

The Trust do not want outside involvement. The meetings are a front to give the illusion of democracy. There isn’t one. There is an agenda. It’s SISU OUT and/or a Phoenix club.

We have suggested online membership and voting, even offered assistance - Ignored.

The Trust are in bed with media connections that pedal their agenda. They are also in Hoffman’s pocket who, in turn is personal friends with Linnell who can cover the CWR angle.

Linnell also follows dubious Twitter accounts (what any normal thinking fan would interpret as extremist SISU OUT nutjobs) that are also linked to the Trust.

You want people to ‘turn up’. They don’t want you to. They hadn’t even been bothered to publish any minutes for over a year.

Unless they can be overthrown, forget the fucking Trust.

usskyblue

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

What utter bollocks US, perhaps you should go back and read that thread again. The whole point of us going, and a couple of others off this forum, was to see if we could raise the issues we had all discussed on here about the trust, and then see if anything changed. The chair at that meeting, David Eyles, appeared to take on board the messages we gave, but since then, Neil White has been very active on twitter apparently, and it seems they have reverted to type.

The issue we saw at that meeting is that they are being driven by a small number of people who attend, some with very specific and personal grievances with SISU. The hope was that there would have been more meetings since then, and more of us could attend to keep driving home our messages from SBTalk, so they at least see there are more things to worry about than just "SISU out" . It would seem they failed our test.

Is that canvassing for them? :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Surely, to judge an owner, you have to look at their whole tenure of owning the club. Why don't you do a list of positives and negatives for SISU, so we can see how balanced you are...Now that would be "interesting". tbf, we have seen people before say "i know XXX is shit, but... and they never detail what the "shit" is, but post lots of stuff about the "shit" from others involved. Is that you too?

I have no idea if he has a good relationship with the owners or not. Neither do you. He "clearly" set out his marker for what was necessary to get him to come back. Have they kept to it? Who knows. I suspect they have to a point, or else he may have walked again, but fully? No idea. So, getting him back, and keeping him here, is something they have done that's good.

The point made earlier in the thread was wanting them out is still a perfectly reasonable aspiration, nothing about "at all costs". You made that up.

And to be clear, I would have CCC, Wasps and the council out too. Everyone who has been involved in the off the field mess (including before SISU) should be taken to task. Still rankles why the club didn't get the money from the land deal. Richardson's interview wasn't challenged in the slightest. I would have drawn him over the coals too.

Jesus. Dismiss it as ‘utter bollocks’ and then spend a fucking eon trying to dismantle it.

Let’s condense this to the facts shall we?

You were wrong, wrong, wrong about the Trust.

I’ve openly criticized ownership when it’s due. But I’m also not going to ignore the positive aspects of the last 3 years.

Exactly what is your problem with that?

usskyblue

Given it's so easy to get to St Andrews, it'd be easy enough to get enough people along to vote in a whole new board.

Then... that board can enact some enlightened policies for engagement.

Oh fuck off.

It’s not acceptable to not have an online membership and voting platform so that everyone can be involved. There’s a reason why they don’t have it and why they don’t want it.

Do you realize how fucking ridiculous it is to ask anyone that wants to be involved to go to a meeting in a Coventry pub on a Monday night. A meeting no one even fucking cared enough to publish the minutes of for over a year?

olderskyblue

Jesus. Dismiss it as ‘utter bollocks’ and then spend a fucking eon trying to dismantle it.

Let’s condense this to the facts shall we?

You were wrong, wrong, wrong about the Trust.

I’ve openly criticized ownership when it’s due. But I’m also not going to ignore the positive aspects of the last 3 years.

Exactly what is your problem with that?

you never leant the concept of answering points separately? Utter bollocks was you stating we were canvassing for the trust. Fucking laughable. You’ve made yourself look pretty dim with that statement.

The trust? Wrong to try and get them to change? No

wrong in thinking there could be a chance of change? Yes, it would appear so

no problem with your last statement.

Do you think that wanting Sisu gone is a reasonable view to have?

usskyblue

you never leant the concept of answering points separately? Utter bollocks was you stating we were canvassing for the trust. Fucking laughable. You’ve made yourself look pretty dim with that statement.

The trust? Wrong to try and get them to change? No

wrong in thinking there could be a chance of change? Yes, it would appear so

no problem with your last statement.

Do you think that wanting Sisu gone is a reasonable view to have?

Jesus. You and NW haven’t done yourselves any favors in this thread. Throwing lame personal insults at someone that knew, and has always known, the Trust are a closed shop with an agenda. Your m8 is still telling people to rock up to a meeting by the way...ffs.

They are hardcore and their sympathizers will come after you, and your job, to make sure they keep their agenda on course. One of the Trust’s aims is SISU OUT, so you share common ground there.

And, how ‘dim’ do you have to be...exactly how much of a ‘moron’ does it take to want SISU out when there isn’t a viable option to take us forward?

Find an option and I’ll let you know if wanting SISU out is reasonable.

Skyblueweeman

Well, thank fuck the idiots did. And via a plethora of fuck-ups and considerable fuckhousery by the Council and Wasps on the way, we are finally enjoying good things on the pitch.

The Trust do not want outside involvement. The meetings are a front to give the illusion of democracy. There isn’t one. There is an agenda. It’s SISU OUT and/or a Phoenix club.

We have suggested online membership and voting, even offered assistance - Ignored.

The Trust are in bed with media connections that pedal their agenda. They are also in Hoffman’s pocket who, in turn is personal friends with Linnell who can cover the CWR angle.

Linnell also follows dubious Twitter accounts (what any normal thinking fan would interpret as extremist SISU OUT nutjobs) that are also linked to the Trust.

You want people to ‘turn up’. They don’t want you to. They hadn’t even been bothered to publish any minutes for over a year.

Cant really argue with that TBF....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

They have no more right to be the voice of the fans than any other supporters group including us

olderskyblue

Jesus. You and NW haven’t done yourselves any favors in this thread. Throwing lame personal insults at someone that knew, and has always known, the Trust are a closed shop with an agenda. Your m8 is still telling people to rock up to a meeting by the way...ffs.

They are hardcore and their sympathizers will come after you, and your job, to make sure they keep their agenda on course. One of the Trust’s aims is SISU OUT, so you share common ground there.

And, how ‘dim’ do you have to be...exactly how much of a ‘moron’ does it take to want SISU out when there isn’t a viable option to take us forward?

Find an option and I’ll let you know if wanting SISU out is reasonable.

Lame personal insults?? really? I thought you had thicker skin than that, hadn't figured you for the sensitive type... You've certainly changed since GMK days... ;)

But seriously, you stated that we were recently canvassing for the trust. "Utter bollocks" is an accurate response, plain and simple. and calling you dim was actually very mild for thinking that.

What we did do was see if we, and others could affect some change in the trust. That does seem to have failed miserably. We did it face to face, grendel, nick and others do it on twitter, and to what end? It does seem they are "not for turning".

You're 2nd para, I have no idea what you are talking about. Who's coming after me? paranoia or personal experience?

And to be clear, I would have Wasps and the council out too. Everyone who has been involved in the off the field mess (including before SISU) should be taken to task. Still rankles why the club didn't get the money from the land deal. Richardson's interview wasn't challenged in the slightest. I would have drawn him over the coals too
That was my quote earlier, and I would want all the above, but of course, there has to be something in place that gives a better option going forward in each case (except for Richardson, jail would be a better option). That's common sense isn't it? Goes without saying I would have thought.

NorthernWisdom

Lame personal insults?? really? I thought you had thicker skin than that, hadn't figured you for the sensitive type... You've certainly changed since GMK days... ;)

But seriously, you stated that we were recently canvassing for the trust. "Utter bollocks" is an accurate response, plain and simple. and calling you dim was actually very mild for thinking that.

What we did do was see if we, and others could affect some change in the trust. That does seem to have failed miserably. We did it face to face, grendel, nick and others do it on twitter, and to what end? It does seem they are "not for turning".

You're 2nd para, I have no idea what you are talking about. Who's coming after me? paranoia or personal experience?

That was my quote earlier, and I would want all the above, but of course, there has to be something in place that gives a better option going forward in each case (except for Richardson, jail would be a better option). That's common sense isn't it? Goes without saying I would have thought.
You say dim, I say thick as pig shit...

I offer how to change things and, it appears certain twisted logic sees a desire for change as an endorsement. Now, to come up with that conclusion suggests low-rent comprehension and a desire to see conspiracies in every corner.

Feeble minded is generous really.

Grendel

CJ is a force for good. He wants the best for the club.

He boycotts now and did for a far while at the Ricoh which suggests an alignment with the rest of the main players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread