Old Accounts Thread (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernWisdom

No just you I value your opinion lots. Before 3.15 would be good. I’ve got my own
Including, but not limited to:

Prioritising profit over club welfare. Clubs always struggle if the aim is commercial above everything else. Even the likes of Liverpool (hedge fund owned!) have understood the value of their club's heritage, and have decided to protect that in terms of Anfield etc. Clubs aren't solely commercial, they're social, too. They've ramped that up, and are prepared to play with emotions and use fan loyalty as a commodity.

Thinking short term instead of long term for much of the time. hence spunking loads of cash on players when coming in, instead of building foundations of the club. This tbf has improved, but the rhetoric about new ground is still just that, and our training ground is constantly under threat while it has a charge on it.

Misleading, deliberately confusing and oblique statements designed to divide and cause friction.

Presiding over the club's worst ever league position.

However you look at it, they've alienated and antagonised a great swathe of fans. Moving beyond fans, they've tended to alienate just about everybody they've come in contact with! As trends go, that's a worrying one.

We can share out the blame game, but it's it's clear SISU have contributed towards the conditions that have seen us leave our home city twice.

Not understanding the culture of football, and what it means to people.

olderskyblue

Including, but not limited to:

Prioritising profit over club welfare. Clubs always struggle if the aim is commercial above everything else. Even the likes of Liverpool (hedge fund owned!) have understood the value of their club's heritage, and have decided to protect that in terms of Anfield etc. Clubs aren't solely commercial, they're social, too. They've ramped that up, and are prepared to play with emotions and use fan loyalty as a commodity.

Thinking short term instead of long term for much of the time. hence spunking loads of cash on players when coming in, instead of building foundations of the club. This tbf has improved, but the rhetoric about new ground is still just that, and our training ground is constantly under threat while it has a charge on it.

Misleading, deliberately confusing and oblique statements designed to divide and cause friction.

Presiding over the club's worst ever league position.

However you look at it, they've alienated and antagonised a great swathe of fans. Moving beyond fans, they've tended to alienate just about everybody they've come in contact with! As trends go, that's a worrying one.

We can share out the blame game, but it's it's clear SISU have contributed towards the conditions that have seen us leave our home city twice.

Not understanding the culture of football, and what it means to people.

and not including the issue of Ricoh rent, one of the major annual outlays, when they bought the club. CCC would have rolled over then.... like the shareholders had to.

The coventrian

Obviously not.
I still cant see where I've said they personally trouser millions though.

If this is how empty your life is that you have to look through posts from god knows how long ago then you Seriously need to reassess your life.
You're the most divisive fan I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

usskyblue

Like it or not, it’s not balanced to constantly fucking moan about ownership either, or indeed compare them to fucking Liverpool’s.

Of course SISU care about themselves and they’ve fucked up in grand fashion. But that doesn’t mean they haven’t made good decisions too. Getting Robins back. Who along with his staff have concentrated on development of young players through the academy. Selling young players and allowing funds to be used for Robins’ preferred targets.

Is that the basics of ownership? Yes..but the last three seasons are showing that SISU have realized that they had to change, and to an extent, have. Long term, do they want the club? I don’t think so, they’re probably just trying to create something worth a decent takeover bid.

If SISU (by their very existence in this format) continue to create a successful club (even if for no one else but themselves) and in the process make us self sustainable and stable?...they will prove to be better owners than many that came before (not that that’s difficult).

NorthernWisdom

Like it or not, it's not balanced to constantly blame everyone bar our owners, or indeed compare them to fucking Owen Oyston.

They really haven't created a successful club, they've taken it to its lowest ever level - so low it can start to win a few games.

The youth policy and buying from below is nothing new either. The manager's succeeding despite the owners, not because of.

usskyblue

Like it or not, it's not balanced to constantly blame everyone bar our owners, or indeed compare them to fucking Owen Oyston.

They really haven't created a successful club, they've taken it to its lowest ever level - so low it can start to win a few games.

The youth policy and buying from below is nothing new either. The manager's succeeding despite the owners, not because of.

Your opinion is as flawed with this, as it was with the Trust. How is that working out for you btw ?

The manager has backed ownership (not just backed, but committed himself to them)...and ownership have backed him with a new contract.
They appear to have open dialogue and create necessary plans mutually. Robins and ownership seems to have a good relationship. So much so it pisses off people with nothing but a SISU OUT agenda (ooh, the Trust again).

I’m not saying SISU are saints. They clearly aren’t but if you think they haven’t done anything positive, you’re just plain wrong.

Last edited:

TTG

Its because they're clueless idiots. My hatred for our owners is well known on here but even I know they've not siphoned millions out to their own personal bank accounts :banghead:
My finger is shaking over the like button, the coventarian saying something reasonable!

ccfcway

I’m not saying SISU are saints. They clearly aren’t but if you think they haven’t done anything positive, you’re just plain wrong.

took us over in the championship in coventry. Now in league one, with a chance of going up, but left coventry twice and no sign of going back.

Agreed, they aren't saints.

usskyblue

took us over in the championship in coventry. Now in league one, with a chance of going up, but left coventry twice and no sign of going back.

Agreed, they aren't saints.

*Despite their own fuck ups and a Council that has consistently worked against them at every turn.

ccfcway

*Despite their own fuck ups and a Council that has consistently worked against them at every turn.

don't disagree, not sure why the club aren't calling out the council if they haven't identified a site that would likely get building permission

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure Mark robins would agree with that

Frostie

Exactly.
MR has spoken very positively & respectfully of SISU & Joy in particular on recent occasions, so much so that one member of the Trust board didn't like the narrative being different to their ingrained agenda & lambasted him with:

"He would be well advised to stick to footballing matters and not act as Tim / Joy's mouthpiece." :emoji_unamused:

Magwitch

But left coventry twice and no sign of going back.
And that is what seems to be ignored, there are others with crap on their hands but it is this owner and this chairman who have led us out of our city TWICE, the first time before our ground was sold and no sign of coming back or a concrete proposal of any new ground.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

you think SISU have created a successful club?? What division were we in when they bought us? Where are we now?

Mark may not agree in public, but in private, he may think that a lot of our recent upturn is down to him....

having a good financial model is important of course, but how many fans would accept that if we were battling relegation.

Sisu have changed, but who brought about that change? Robins left once and came back only on his terms.

I think you should credit him with our success far more than the owners

Sky Blue Pete

you think SISU have created a successful club?? What division were we in when they bought us? Where are we now?

Mark may not agree in public, but in private, he may think that a lot of our recent upturn is down to him....

having a good financial model is important of course, but how many fans would accept that if we were battling relegation.

Sisu have changed, but who brought about that change? Robins left once and came back only on his terms.

I do think he is due more credit and I’m sure Sisu agree but to give no credit to them for the last 2 years seems unfair

PCH

Manager speaks highly of his employer shock.
I’m sure in real life MR thinks they’re as big a bunch of wankers as we do.

ajsccfc

Not sure about all that. If he was so against them it seems unlikely he'd have either returned or more pertinently signed a new contract, it's not like there are no other options. I assume he'd rather they made a number of better decisions than they have but it seems like quite a decent working relationship otherwise.

Skyblueweeman

I agree with your sentiment but Sisu are not the only ones responsible for the whole 'where were we when they bought us/where are we now' argument. There's quite clearly a few parties who contributed to our freefall down the leagues, starting with the likes of Bryan Richardson, Mike McGinnity etc.

Granted, Sisu greased the slide but to blame them solely is not fair/correct.

shmmeee

I agree with your sentiment but Sisu are not the only ones responsible for the whole 'where were we when they bought us/where are we now' argument. There's quite clearly a few parties who contributed to our freefall down the leagues, starting with the likes of Bryan Richardson, Mike McGinnity etc.

Granted, Sisu greased the slide but to blame them solely is not fair/correct.

How far back do you go? Jimmy Hill removing the wage cap? Collapse of ITV digital? Rupert Murdoch?

When you run anything the buck stops with you. Rule one of management. They knew what they were getting into and have wiped the slate clean since then anyway.

Sky Blue Pete

How far back do you go? Jimmy Hill removing the wage cap? Collapse of ITV digital? Rupert Murdoch?

When you run anything the buck stops with you. Rule one of management. They knew what they were getting into and have wiped the slate clean since then anyway.
Fair comment as always

usskyblue

I do think he is due more credit and I’m sure Sisu agree but to give no credit to them for the last 2 years seems unfair

Don’t you think it’s intriguing that NW and Olderskyblue were recently canvassing for the Skyblue Trust? Telling us how wrong we were about them, how they aren’t a closed shop and how we all needed to raise our heads above the parapet?

On the subject of ownership, it doesn’t matter to some what’s been achieved. The argument regarding ‘where we were’ when SISU took over is actually quite interesting...cuz;

WE WERE IN THE SHIT...oh, and because of poor ownership.

We were only in the Championship because we had spent way above our means to try and stay in the Premiership, only to get relegated and spend more on dickheads like Hughes (£5m and £15k a week) to try and get back...and not even make the fucking playoffs.

People talk like we were on some upward ark, we were sleeping giants. Were we fuck. Our business plan at the time SISU rocked up had us headed to the basement or out of business.

Now. Did SISU fuck-up from here. Absofuckinglutely

But, whether by design, by accident, by learning or by all three...they have been involved with turning things around (on the pitch) and during the most difficult times in our history (some created).

Mark Robins clearly has a good relationship with ownership. They seem to have good communication. That’s a good thing in anyone’s book.... unless, apparently, you hate SISU and your agenda is to want them out at all costs.

Interesting

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t you think it’s intriguing that NW and Olderskyblue were recently canvassing for the Skyblue Trust? Telling us how wrong we were about them, how they aren’t a closed shop and how we all needed to raise our heads above the parapet?

On the subject of ownership, it doesn’t matter to some what’s been achieved. The argument regarding ‘where we were’ when SISU took over is actually quite interesting...cuz;

WE WERE IN THE SHIT...oh, and because of poor ownership.

We were only in the Championship because we had spent way above our means to try and stay in the Premiership, only to get relegated and spend more on dickheads like Hughes (£5m and £15k a week) to try and get back...and not even make the fucking playoffs.

People talk like we were on some upward ark, we were sleeping giants. Were we fuck. Our business plan at the time SISU rocked up had us headed to the basement or out of business.

Now. Did SISU fuck-up from here. Absofuckinglutely

But, whether by design, by accident, by learning or by all three...they have been involved with turning things around (on the pitch) and during the most difficult times in our history (some created).

Mark Robins clearly has a good relationship with ownership. They seem to have good communication. That’s a good thing in anyone’s book.... unless, apparently, you hate SISU and your agenda is to want them out at all costs.

Interesting
Trust long term aim in their minutes is to remove Sisu. I’d prefer our owners communicated with the fans and told us their plans and listened to our ideas and passions and sought ways to work together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread