Old Accounts Thread (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmeee

Trust long term aim in their minutes is to remove Sisu. I’d prefer our owners communicated with the fans and told us their plans and listened to our ideas and passions and sought ways to work together

The Trust is a specific vehicle for fan ownership. I’m not sure they’re fit for purpose for pressuring owners or even working with them because of that (unless the owners want fan part ownership).

usskyblue

Trust long term aim in their minutes is to remove Sisu. I’d prefer our owners communicated with the fans and told us their plans and listened to our ideas and passions and sought ways to work together

They’ve communicated. We know why we’re in Birmingham and we found out why we went to Northampton. We also know why the way back to the Ricoh is blocked.

Moving forward. SISU and the Council will have to play ball (for once) with playing a part in the long term goal of any solvent club, owning it’s own stadium. Will it happen? Fuckknows. The relationship being toxic is down to both parties.

Sky Blue Pete

The Trust is a specific vehicle for fan ownership. I’m not sure they’re fit for purpose for pressuring owners or even working with them because of that (unless the owners want fan part ownership).
Yep I understand that more today than I did yesterday. Don’t all football clubs want part fan ownership? At least emotionally

Sky Blue Pete

They’ve communicated. We know why we’re in Birmingham and we found out why we went to Northampton. We also know why the way back to the Ricoh is blocked.

Moving forward. SISU and the Council will have to play ball (for once) with playing a part in the long term goal of any solvent club, owning it’s own stadium. Will it happen? Fuckknows. The relationship being toxic is down to both parties.
Absolutely on the head that and as a fan base is that what we want to? I can’t see an alternative and as such we should probably try and get behind it and a sustainable route back to the Ricoh while it’s being done.

I do often wonder how genuine the desire is to make this happen. I’ve long thought it’s a pipe dream but it is the only sustainable answer long term

There’s nothing else for it is there?

usskyblue

imo, fwiw... as much as I hate the idea, the only way back to Coventry involves the Ricoh in someway shape or form. Ground sharing is simply not sustainable and not something we should look for beyond this season.

shmmeee

imo, fwiw... as much as I hate the idea, the only way back to Coventry involves the Ricoh in someway shape or form. Ground sharing is simply not sustainable and not something we should look for beyond this season.

Let’s hope a promotion focuses a few minds.

Sky Blue Pete

Let’s hope a promotion focuses a few minds.
Got to hasn’t it? Even without it the team playing as they are at the right end of the table would be an attractive proposition next season too. Wonder how much money wasps missed out on this week with two massive attendances at the Ricoh. £500k?

Sky Blue Pete

Completely this. I really do worry about next season if we're still in L1 as if so, I fear we'll definitely be still at St Andrews.
Get on to councillor, get on to wasps, get on to local media, get on to the club to ask why ccfc not playing in coventry as every one wants to. Every one

Brylowes

But we will be ground sharing should we move back to the Ricoh, in the same way
We do at St Andrews or anywhere else, paying the rent to the Landlords for limited
access to the Stadium and associated areas.
Obviously it would be in Coventry and would therefore be a much more preferable
‘Not to mention’ financially rewarding option, but ultimately our ‘Landlord Tenant’
Relationship at the Ricoh would be much the same as it would at any other ground.

Last edited:

usskyblue

But we will be ground sharing should we move back to the Ricoh, in the same way
We do at St Andrews or would anywhere else, paying the rent to the Landlords for
limited access to the Stadium and associated areas.
Obviously it would be in Coventry and would therefore be a much more preferable
‘Not to mention’ financially rewarding option, but ultimately our ‘Landlord Tenant’
Relationship at the Ricoh would be much the same as it would at any other ground.

Hence why I said; ‘as much as I hate the idea’.

If Wasps are staying, the Ricoh has to be a stepping stone and nothing else. SISU and the Council have to work on a stadium in Coventry. The depressing thing about this is; ...it seems like a million fucking miles away...

Edit to add: ...if ever at all

Briles

Out of interest, would it be allowed for CCFC to set up a Public fund? Like a transfer kitty that members of the public could contribute to? £2 per month-50k Donaters. But the funds are to be solely used for transfers? Don't know if FFP rules would scupper it.

shmmeee

Out of interest, would it be allowed for CCFC to set up a Public fund? Like a transfer kitty that members of the public could contribute to? £2 per month-50k Donaters. But the funds are to be solely used for transfers? Don't know if FFP rules would scupper it.

Id rather we spent it on the ground and then the academy. I do wonder how far a crowdfunder to buy land would get. Have we got enough high net worth individuals?

Briles

Id rather we spent it on the ground and then the academy. I do wonder how far a crowdfunder to buy land would get. Have we got enough high net worth individuals?

Yeah or those.

Not sure about high net worth but I reckon we could raise a decent whack. Could get a certificate or name put on a plaque in the academy/stadium depending on what you've donated

shmmeee

It gets poo pooed a lot but I’ve yet to see a convincing argument against fan owned land. It solves the councils problem of not wanting to be involved. It solves Sisus problem of affording the land and other people’s mistrust of them. Gives the club a secure home which none of the other options do (any stadium would be built and owned by Sisu and rented to us) and gives the fans a lever over future owners in case they get out of line.

I wonder how much you’d need to raise. Couple of million maybe?

Briles

It gets poo pooed a lot but I’ve yet to see a convincing argument against fan owned land. It solves the councils problem of not wanting to be involved. It solves Sisus problem of affording the land and other people’s mistrust of them. Gives the club a secure home which none of the other options do (any stadium would be built and owned by Sisu and rented to us) and gives the fans a lever over future owners in case they get out of line.

I wonder how much you’d need to raise. Couple of million maybe?

I agree, I don't see why its a bad idea. Land would be a few million which we could maybe raise. The stadium itself would be around 20 million.

shmmeee

I agree, I don't see why its a bad idea. Land would be a few million which we could maybe raise. The stadium itself would be around 20 million.

The stadium itself would be down the owners I think. It’d just be buy some land and rent it to the club for a peppercorn rent to get past the logjam we are in and stop it happening again.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Got to hasn’t it? Even without it the team playing as they are at the right end of the table would be an attractive proposition next season too. Wonder how much money wasps missed out on this week with two massive attendances at the Ricoh. £500k?

Thats an awful lot of F&B Pete ............ all ticket income goes to the club

NorthernWisdom

Don’t you think it’s intriguing that NW and Olderskyblue were recently canvassing for the Skyblue Trust? Telling us how wrong we were about them, how they aren’t a closed shop and how we all needed to raise our heads above the parapet?
Childish, infantile, and pathetic casting of aspersions.

Seriously, you can fuck right off with the insinuations. I'm my own man and always have been, always will be. I don't need some simpleton goons to tell me what to think, from any perspective.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What would the figure be? Thinking 18000 each game?
What would be reasonable? Do they base it on a set figure in planning?
I wouldn’t have a clue to be honest

Can only guess but total income from the game could be £250k even a bit more but most of that would be ticket based (historically match income has worked out at between £10 and £11 per ticket over a season - after you account for concessions, ST's and exclude VAT).

Wasps would earn from

the match day rent - even if rent was £460k thats only £20k per game
The F&B - spend has often been low so say £4 per head gross but then you have to exclude costs and VAT and potentially split the net amount
there is the car parking - but i thought that had been franchised out so probably a set fee. But even 2000 spaces at £10 isnt going to provide huge sums
Then there is the match day expenses recharged - but match day expenses have match day costs attached to them
Hospitality is sold by the club but it costs the club obviously and in turn there are costs associated to it for wasps (food, staff, utilities etc)
There isnt much more is there?

So yes they would earn from it certainly and over a season it would be a decent sum but for an individual match it isnt close to £250k for wasps, maybe a net £50k ?

usskyblue

Childish, infantile, and pathetic casting of aspersions.

Seriously, you can fuck right off with the insinuations. I'm my own man and always have been, always will be. I don't need some simpleton goons to tell me what to think, from any perspective.

You got it wrong with the Trust and you’re being shortsighted, at best with ownership.

No shame on getting things wrong but we don’t need anymore shortsighted simpleton goons talking trash about ownership when it’s not balanced.

That is the remit of your once championed Trust.

None of us think SISU are the bees fucking knees but unless you realize and acknowledge the good, you come across as a SISU Out frother, nothing more.

Whether you can bring your independent self to admit it or not, they have done positive things. Get the fuck over it.

Sky Blue Pete

Can only guess but total income from the game could be £250k even a bit more but most of that would be ticket based (historically match income has worked out at between £10 and £11 per ticket over a season - after you account for concessions, ST's and exclude VAT).

Wasps would earn from

the match day rent - even if rent was £460k thats only £20k per game
The F&B - spend has often been low so say £4 per head gross but then you have to exclude costs and VAT and potentially split the net amount
there is the car parking - but i thought that had been franchised out so probably a set fee. But even 2000 spaces at £10 isnt going to provide huge sums
Then there is the match day expenses recharged - but match day expenses have match day costs attached to them
Hospitality is sold by the club but it costs the club obviously and in turn there are costs associated to it for wasps (food, staff, utilities etc)
There isnt much more is there?

So yes they would earn from it certainly and over a season it would be a decent sum but for an individual match it isnt close to £250k for wasps, maybe a net £50k ?
Ta

NorthernWisdom

You got it wrong with the Trust and you’re being shortsighted, at best with ownership.

No shame on getting things wrong but we don’t need anymore shortsighted simpleton goons talking trash about ownership when it’s not balanced.

That is the remit of your once championed Trust.

None of us think SISU are the bees fucking knees but unless you realize and acknowledge the good, you come across as a SISU Out frother, nothing more.

Whether you can bring your independent self to admit it or not, they have done positive things. Get the fuck over it.
You're coming across as a total moron. For balance, I should call you a SISU stooge in return.

Seriously, you're coming across like a paranoid McCarthyist.

Remarkable really. I was told that threads on SISU were short because if you said what they'd done wrong, people nodded and agreed.

Seems that changes... and instead random pigeonholing into black and white occurs by people determined to categorise.

Skyblueweeman

How far back do you go? Jimmy Hill removing the wage cap? Collapse of ITV digital? Rupert Murdoch?

When you run anything the buck stops with you. Rule one of management. They knew what they were getting into and have wiped the slate clean since then anyway.

C'mon Shmmeee, that's a stupid thing to say. Of course not as they didn't directly have any impact on our position now.

Richardson overspending and the advent of the whole Ricoh project clearly has had an impact on our current situation.

Again, you're better than that....

shmmeee

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party Sky Blue Trust?

letsallsingtogether

20 million!
Leicester spending 80 million on a training ground, very impressive it is too. :(

shmmeee

C'mon Shmmeee, that's a stupid thing to say. Of course not as they didn't directly have any impact on our position now.

Richardson overspending and the advent of the whole Ricoh project clearly has had an impact on our current situation.

Again, you're better than that....

ITV digital collapsing the season we went down didn’t have an impact on finances? You sure about that?

Point is you can keep pointing to stuff in the past but Sisu knew what they were taking on and took it on believing they could do better, they haven’t so far. Buck stops with them. Ricoh was expensive, but they left it for years before pursuing a high risk high reward strategy that so far seems ill judged. Club was a basket case but they chose to run it from arms length with a bunch of chancers like Delieu and Igwe.

They’ve been in charge a decade, they’ve literally started with a fresh company in Otium entertainment. They’ve broken any previous agreements the club had. Where we are now is all them, the good and the bad. That’s only fair. Otherwise you’re like the Tories whining about the last labour government.

usskyblue

You're coming across as a total moron. For balance, I should call you a SISU stooge in return.

Seriously, you're coming across like a paranoid McCarthyist.

Remarkable really. I was told that threads on SISU were short because if you said what they'd done wrong, people nodded and agreed.

Seems that changes... and instead random pigeonholing into black and white occurs by people determined to categorise.

I met you once. I know you’re not fuckingstupid.

I didn’t call you a fucking name or pigeonhole you. You are choosing to walk that line all on your own with your hatred of SISU and refusal to admit they’ve done anything positive.

The difference between you and I here is that I think SISU fucking suck too but it doesn’t blind me to the positive either.

That’s balanced.

letsallsingtogether

Wow and you call others shortsighted.
What about the harm they have done funny how that has been swept under the carpet from people like your good self, are we not allowed to mention them now.........
Sorry but Fuck Sisu never to be forgiven.

NorthernWisdom

The biggest joke is that doesn't even preclude from taking the position of campaigning for Wasps to drop the indemnity as first port of call.

I find it very, very odd that suggesting SISU are pretty shoddy owners suggests that, somehow, this makes somebody having ulterior motives!

In certain circles, I'd be considered a SISU stooge. Until this ridiculous pigeonholing and compartmentalising stops, then we're doomed to forever fight ourselves.

usskyblue

Wow and you call others shortsighted.
What about the harm they have done funny how that has been swept under the carpet from people like your good self, are we not allowed to mention them now.........

Kinell. Have a read.

In nearly every post, if not all, I’ve caveated that SISU have fuckedup and they’ve sucked. There’s no sweeping anything under the fucking carpet.

usskyblue

I find it very, very odd that suggesting SISU are pretty shoddy owners suggests that, somehow, this makes somebody having ulterior motives.

The biggest joke is; I’VE consistently suggested they’ve been shoddy owners too ...but you like to skirt around that for nothing but your own purposes.

You talk about pigeonholing while fucking pigeonholing. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread