O'hare (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 11652

Pretty sure Hamer might have something to say about that

There’s one or two in contention for that Hamer obviously, but McFadzeen considering he was more or less written off at the start of the season has been rock at the back. but I suspect it will be between O’Hare or Hamer

Hamer will win it for sure

Gibbo

To succeed at this level, by which I mean be mid table or above, you need a minimum of three players who would usually get into the starting line up of a top team. Otherwise your squad is made up of average or below average players, This is where O'Hare comes in

We have three definites in that category - O'Hare, Dabo and Hamer. Arguably Ostigaard and James also possibly fit the bill. On the face of it we should be higher. BUT we have been hit by injuries to the good middling players - Godden, Walkerin particular - and the subs - Max and Baka - are definetely below average for the division.

The difficult thing for Robins to achieve in the summer is how to get the best mix of retained talent, and new players that have to be paid for by selling some of the talent ideally you would like to retain.

O'Hare's stats will have been noticed

Grendel

Hamer is ahead of him...before last weeks games people were pissed of with Ohare’s lack of end product week 4 days later he’s player of the year and it’s not even close 🥴

No not everyone- o hare was better than Hamer then - he’s intimately a better player in terms of stature for the premier league

cc84cov

No not everyone- o hare was better than Hamer then - he’s intimately a better player in terms of stature for the premier league
But we’re talking about the current player of the season -

Hamer is ahead of O’Hare

clint van damme

Hamer is ahead of him...before last weeks games people were pissed of with Ohare’s lack of end product week 4 days later he’s player of the year and it’s not even close 🥴

he's been outstanding all season.
Considering he came of a free and has not played at this level before (he may have made the odd appearance for Villa), he's been superb.

Him for nothing and Hamer for 1. 4 million is outstanding business.

cov donkey kick

Considering he came of a free and has not played at this level before (he may have made the odd appearance for Villa), he's been superb.

Getting the 2 players for that money is off the pitch great business and on the pitch it could keep us up.

stay_up_skyblues

Our best player for me. I think he also fits a prem side more than Hamer (who has also been excellent and is a key player for us). I think COH’s discipline, fitness/work rate and technique suits a top English division team more so than Hamer’s blood and thunder, sometime rash, box to box style. If we don’t consolidate this season and push on next we will lose both.

Brighton Sky Blue

Our best player for me. I think he also fits a prem side more than Hamer (who has also been excellent and is a key player for us). I think COH’s discipline, fitness/work rate and technique suits a top English division team more so than Hamer’s blood and thunder, sometime rash, box to box style. If we don’t consolidate this season and push on next we will lose both.

Staying up not only is worth millions in the TV revenue it's probably also worth as much in any fees paid for either of those two

SBAndy

O’Hare is still raw. I’d expect we will get at least another season out of him. Half expect he will have a proper breakthrough season in 21/22 and go for a huge amount.

cov donkey kick

It's between the 2 of them player of the year think we are lucky to have both of them, the midfield we are blessed with having also as back up of James, Kelly and Sheaf who's been good in patches and could in the end one of the best.

stevefloyd

His xA is 1.54 so I’m not sure that’s true.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/callum-o'hare/11209
His Xa is now 1.61 but as you know stats mean jack really Max's Xa is
Infogol Max 1.56
Infogol Bakas 0.10
Infogol Goddens 0.35
Infogol Walkers Xa 0.46
Infogol Gus 2.61

Just as an aside Kevin De Bruynes Xa is 7.30

But O'Hare battles his heart out for the cause and as he gets older he will hopefully get more nous about his play and as a few on here have said he is definitely one of our best players, I for one cannot fault his effort although I wish he would stop going down quite so easily at times, we all wish his end product was better but I am sure it will come

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

To succeed at this level, by which I mean be mid table or above, you need a minimum of three players who would usually get into the starting line up of a top team. Otherwise your squad is made up of average or below average players, This is where O'Hare comes in

We have three definites in that category - O'Hare, Dabo and Hamer. Arguably Ostigaard and James also possibly fit the bill. On the face of it we should be higher. BUT we have been hit by injuries to the good middling players - Godden, Walkerin particular - and the subs - Max and Baka - are definetely below average for the division.

The difficult thing for Robins to achieve in the summer is how to get the best mix of retained talent, and new players that have to be paid for by selling some of the talent ideally you would like to retain.

O'Hare's stats will have been noticed

Agree 100%.

This is exactly one of the reasons we miss not being at the game watching live.

Get to see the whole picture, pitch formation etc etc the positional sense of players off the ball, how players read anticipate the game , the running off the ball, closing down. Get to see the real captains organisers.

Which you can't see on ifollow!

Which is my thinking that Robins sees something about Shipley that he's doing off the ball which we don't see on camera.

shmmeee

His Xa is now 1.61 but as you know stats mean jack really Max's Xa is
Infogol Max 1.56
Infogol Bakas 0.10
Infogol Goddens 0.35
Infogol Walkers Xa 0.46
Infogol Gus 2.61

Just as an aside Kevin De Bruynes Xa is 7.30

But O'Hare battles his heart out for the cause and as he gets older he will hopefully get more nous about his play and as a few on here have said he is definitely one of our best players, I for one cannot fault his effort although I wish he would stop going down quite so easily at times, we all wish his end product was better but I am sure it will come

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. The post I was replying to said the reason O’Hare didn’t have more assists is because others are missing easy chances he’s laying on. That would be reflected in the xA stats is it were true. In the same way O’Hares xG is about 5/6, which shows he’s missing easy chances, which we know anecdotally to be true.

Others xA couldn’t be more irrelevant, I know we don’t create chances as a team, we are second bottom in the division for xG. But a major part of that is our link between midfield and attack has, until recently, not been creating the chances he should.

fernandopartridge

O’Hare is still raw. I’d expect we will get at least another season out of him. Half expect he will have a proper breakthrough season in 21/22 and go for a huge amount.

Hamer is raw in some respects as well, as I've said before he is a bit frenetic and then makes poor decisions, with sloppy final delivery. That said, when he gets a chance to get a shot on goal he's never too far away and strikes the ball beautifully.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

The madness of SBT.

2 weeks ago: Hamer is a world beater. O'Hare doesn't create anything.

Today: O'Hare player of the season and bound for the Prem. Hamer is over-rated in comparison.

Can't wait to see what next week brings in the court of ever changing SBT opinion.... :D
Next week it will be Max Biamou should be our No1 striker and Godden should be our 4th choice, then Grendel walks in...

boatang

If COH's finishing was on a par with the rest of his game, he would be one of the best players in the division by far.
Fortunately for us, he is not yet the finished article, and we may get to keep him for a while longer.

rhino1002

The madness of SBT.

2 weeks ago: Hamer is a world beater. O'Hare doesn't create anything.

Today: O'Hare player of the season and bound for the Prem. Hamer is over-rated in comparison.

Can't wait to see what next week brings in the court of ever changing SBT opinion.... :D
The madness of SBT indeed
This site lurches from one over reaction to another
i made the point the other night about the over reaction to our Reading result while Bournemouth were getting pasted by Reading
its something we have to put up with
its even worse on Facebook
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread