Oh Jeremy Corbyn (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Nobody knows what went on.

But the facts are he went to IRA funerals. He went to memorials to those from the IRA that died.

So how many funerals or memorials for even just the children that got murdered by the IRA? Yes not one. But you will still defend him to the hilt.

Wrong when there are grounds to criticise him I have and will criticise him. Just as I don't agree with him on private education and big pharma and would gladly have a more presentable figure with similar ideology.

Far as I can see his biggest crime is to call out the UVF for being just as bad. Our armed forces didn't cover themselves in glory either. All I see is a timid wet cabbage being accused of being the greatest threat to Britain since Napoleon or Hitler.

skybluetony176

No it isn’t. His comments about Russia in the 80’s and Reagan are absurd.

Also no one can understand what it was like living in the era of the IRA unless you were there. To make some smug comparison to governments selling arms to bad people (oddly most people who want arms are bad people) with an individual toadying up to mass murderers of innocent people is sixth form debating level.

So going by your thinking I must be the authority on this having A) been alive through the troubles B) experienced it first hand from the U.K. mainland C) experienced it first hand from Northern Ireland D) experienced the peace process first hand E) personally know victims of the troubles F) personally know the main benefactors of the peace process.

Yet for some strange reasons you dismiss the benefit of my life experiences without consideration.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

So going by your thinking I must be the authority on this having A) been alive through the troubles B) experienced it first hand from the U.K. mainland C) experienced it first hand from Northern Ireland D) experienced the piece process first hand E) personally know victims of the troubles F) personally know the main benefactors of the piece process.

Yet for some strange reasons you dismiss the benefit of my life experiences without consideration.
Gawds sake Tony. Peace man, peace!

Astute

Wrong when there are grounds to criticise him I have and will criticise him. Just as I don't agree with him on private education and big pharma and would gladly have a more presentable figure with similar ideology.

Far as I can see his biggest crime is to call out the UVF for being just as bad. Our armed forces didn't cover themselves in glory either. All I see is a timid wet cabbage being accused of being the greatest threat to Britain since Napoleon or Hitler.
But which of them are trying to become the British PM?

And what is your thoughts of him attending funerals and memorials for those in the IRA but absolutely nothing even for the children murdered by the IRA?

skybluetony176

Nobody knows what went on.

But the facts are he went to IRA funerals. He went to memorials to those from the IRA that died.

So how many funerals or memorials for even just the children that got murdered by the IRA? Yes not one. But you will still defend him to the hilt.
I asked you this earlier and you seemed to ignore it but how many IRA funerals did he go to?

You then go on to say he didn’t go to any victims funerals. Given that he’s been to an IRA funeral do you think that would have been in good taste?

skybluetony176

No it isn’t. He actively supported an organisation who killed British civilians. It’s not illegal to think Ian Huntley or Jimmy Saville were nice people.

That’s a more relevant comparison.
The point is so did the Tory British government. Not just In Afghanistan either Britain's Secret Terror Deals: 'Truly disturbing' BBC Panorama allegations of collusion must be fully investigated, says Amnesty International - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

UK agents 'worked with NI killers'

Mind you, you probably think these are the right kind of terrorist so it doesn’t count.

Astute

skybluetony176

So are you now admitting that Corbyn is as bad as I say?

Not really. He wasn’t putting guns and Semtex in terrorist hands or supplying them with hit lists. Can you say the same about the Tory government of the time? Don’t look like it. So who’s more guilty of facilitating murders of British citizens?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

But which of them are trying to become the British PM?

And what is your thoughts of him attending funerals and memorials for those in the IRA but absolutely nothing even for the children murdered by the IRA?

Our own PMs have associated with equally reprehensible characters or worse over the years. Theresa right now continues to facilitate war crimes in the Middle East in the name of profits for BAE. G finds that to be trivial 6th form level fodder to bring up, do you?

On funeral attendance-yes it would have helped had he shown more explicit support for the victims, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody emerges from the Troubles covered in glory. At the same time, had more people listened to him in 2003 we may not have turned Iraq and Syria into cesspools of jihadism which pose a much greater threat to us right now than the IRA.

Astute

You still haven’t. How many? Your generic link tells me you don’t know.
How would I know how many? Just one would be enough for someone wanting to be British PM. Especially when he didn't do or say anything for the children murdered. It tells you what his priorities were.

Astute

Not really. He wasn’t putting guns and Semtex in terrorist hands or supplying them with hit lists. Can you say the same about the Tory government of the time? Don’t look like it. So who’s more guilty of facilitating murders of British citizens?
The difference is that I have had a go at the govenments of both sides. You have done nothing but defend Corbyn.

skybluetony176

How would I know how many? Just one would be enough for someone wanting to be British PM. Especially when he didn't do or say anything for the children murdered. It tells you what his priorities were.
You’re the one who keeps saying funerals. Do you actually know if it’s more than one? As far as I know it’s two. Bobby Sands during the troubles and Martin McGuinness recently. Bobby Sands was actually an elected British politician at the time of his death and Martin McGuinness’s funeral was a who’s who of world politics.

Grendel

I’m all for the peace. Dealing with terrorist is always an unfortunate thing to do but ultimately if you want piece you have to talk and build a relationship with them. If Ian Paisley can do it not sure why people have an issue with Corbyn.

Can you answer the five points I raised then Tony?

Astute

Our own PMs have associated with equally reprehensible characters or worse over the years. Theresa right now continues to facilitate war crimes in the Middle East in the name of profits for BAE. G finds that to be trivial 6th form level fodder to bring up, do you?

On funeral attendance-yes it would have helped had he shown more explicit support for the victims, but let's not kid ourselves, nobody emerges from the Troubles covered in glory. At the same time, had more people listened to him in 2003 we may not have turned Iraq and Syria into cesspools of jihadism which pose a much greater threat to us right now than the IRA.
I don't disagree with any of this at all.

But for me it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be leader of the Labour party and maybe our PM.

Astute

You’re the one who keeps saying funerals. Do you actually know if it’s more than one? As far as I know it’s two. Bobby Sands during the troubles and Martin McGuinness recently. Bobby Sands was actually an elected British politician at the time of his death and Martin McGuinness’s funeral was a who’s who of world politics.
Are you saying he only went to thise two?

skybluetony176

The difference is that I have had a go at the govenments of both sides. You have done nothing but defend Corbyn.
I’ve justified his stance of talking to terrorist and political parties linked to terrorist groups. People on here are making out like he has blood on his hands. I don’t buy it, it’s a convenient, easy and lazy cynical take on his connections. If you want to claim any serving MP’s have blood on their hands from the troubles you can only look at the serving government.

Astute

I’ve justified his stance of talking to terrorist and political parties linked to terrorist groups. People on here are making out like he has blood on his hands. I don’t buy it, it’s a convenient, easy and lazy cynical take on his connections. If you want to claim any serving MP’s have blood on their hands from the troubles you can only look at the serving government.
If you try and help a situation you speak to bith sides. Corbyn only ever seemed to talk to the side of the terrorists.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't disagree with any of this at all.

But for me it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be leader of the Labour party and maybe our PM.

He wouldn't be my first choice on personality but when put up against the neoliberals in the Labour Party or a Tory party that actively makes my life harder it's not even close who I'll vote for. I want Corbyn manifesto positions delivered by Bernie Sanders. One can dream.

NorthernWisdom

He wouldn't be my first choice on personality but when put up against the neoliberals in the Labour Party or a Tory party that actively makes my life harder it's not even close who I'll vote for. I want Corbyn manifesto positions delivered by Bernie Sanders. One can dream.
And again it comes down t the fact that the Parliamentary Labour Party, if they had any sense, would stop trying to agitate and would instead offer a Corbyn-lite and more marketable version.

Astute

Labour must have lots better. Certainly lots without a dodgy past like Corbyn.

Brighton Sky Blue

And again it comes down t the fact that the Parliamentary Labour Party, if they had any sense, would stop trying to agitate and would instead offer a Corbyn-lite and more marketable version.

Labour must have lots better. Certainly lots without a dodgy past like Corbyn.

Momentum have made it too much about the individual and not enough about the ideas and the policy substance. If someone like Clive Lewis were less green and rough around the edges they'd be ideal. Main concern I've got is Momentum will stifle even that.

Users who are viewing this thread