Oggy (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

No, I picked up on you saying people were blaming Oggy for "the situation Sisu have put the club in" and asked you where. You then changed it to something completely different.

You will then give it the "pro sisu", "defending sisu" line in reply, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

I explained the link but your obviously not clever enough or perhaps just blind to it.

Moff

You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear.
We need a more experience goalkeeper as these kids are at the wrong level and can't be given a skill they don't have.

You can't make a manager from a club scout.
You can't build a club back up if you don't put the money and staff in behind the scenes.
But Sisu try and some seem to try and justify it for them.

SISU or no SISU like any business you have a budget, and need to stick to it. Mowbray, Venus, Slade et al could have recruited one from the budget they had and didn't. We were left to work with two keepers who came through the ranks. They have gone backwards not forwards. They are partly to blame for their performances, as is the coach.

italiahorse

Where have you done that then?

Is it pro SISU to say our keepers are poor and that is partly down to their coach, or are you going to froth on?

Anyway personally I am glad to see him lead the team out. Nice touch by the club (can I say that or is that praising SISU :banghead:)

I'd say it was Robins decision as he not been there during qualifying.
Is it wrong to say Oggy is being blamed for stuff he has little say on like the goalkeepers given (and taken away) or having to talk tactics to strikers?

italiahorse

SISU or no SISU like any business you have a budget, and need to stick to it. Mowbray, Venus, Slade et al could have recruited one from the budget they had and didn't. We were left to work with two keepers who came through the ranks. They have gone backwards not forwards. They are partly to blame for their performances, as is the coach.

It's not acceptable to me to stick to a budget and go down the leagues because of it.
Sisu need to give up and cut there loses by walking away and let someone pick up the pieces and give it a go.

Nick

Administrator
I'd say it was Robins decision as he not been there during qualifying.
Is it wrong to say Oggy is being blamed for stuff he has little say on like the goalkeepers given (and taken away) or having to talk tactics to strikers?

The goalkeeping coach has little say or influence on the goalkeepers? Makes sense I guess.

Moff

It's not acceptable to me to stick to a budget and go down the leagues because of it.
Sisu need to give up and cut there loses by walking away and let someone pick up the pieces and give it a go.

Look I don't disagree with this, but the fact is we have what we have got and we have to do the best with it, despite the fact we would all have preferred us to have held onto better keepers or recruited better ones.
Oggy does not seem to have improved our keepers, they seem to have gone backwards. I know that is not all his fault, but his coaching methods don't seem to have progressed either of them.
That said we are agreed its nice for him to walk the team out on Sunday.

Nick

Administrator
Your slagging Oggy off for not being a good enough goalkeeping coach and yet fail to want to understand some reasoning ?

All I asked was where people were blaming Oggy for everything?

Can he be blamed for our keepers making silly mistakes constantly and not seeming to improve at all? Of course he can take some blame for that.

Where is the reasoning? If Oggy hadn't played for us and both goalkeepers were like this he would get plenty of stick.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

*Oggy

Grendel

Italia wading in talking tripe as usual.

covcity4life

The point that I was making wasn't whether he was all or partially to blame for goalkeeping errors, people can criticise away all they like. It's all the disrespect he gets that I can't stand, people calling him all sorts of shit and making snide comments, after all he's done for us. Like I say, he's not the only one, it's happened to Dave Bennett too. This sort of shit should never happen.

well said

italiahorse

All I asked was where people were blaming Oggy for everything?

Can he be blamed for our keepers making silly mistakes constantly and not seeming to improve at all? Of course he can take some blame for that.

Where is the reasoning? If Oggy hadn't played for us and both goalkeepers were like this he would get plenty of stick.

They are simply not good enough. They may improve with experience but that's about it.
We need a experienced goalkeeper to dominate the back four and give them confidence.

ovduk78

Yes I'm wading in it with all the posts from the Sisu apologists now blaming Oggy for Sisu's underfunding.
I'm getting into deeper tripe now you've arrived. Probably out my depth !!
Where the fuck have the so-called SISU apologists said that? Can you see post the rest of us can't see?

Grendel

Yes I'm wading in it with all the posts from the Sisu apologists now blaming Oggy for Sisu's underfunding.
I'm getting into deeper tripe now you've arrived. Probably out my depth !!

The irony is if sisu were on the ball in terms of back room staff he'd have been sacked years ago.

Grendel

I'm saying our goalies are not good enough for this league and I'm blaming Sisu not Oggy.
Some don't like it and get all worked up about it.

So despite the fact Mowbray signed 30 or so players you are actually claiming that they refused to allow him to sign a goalkeeper?

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm saying our goalies are not good enough for this league and I'm blaming Sisu not Oggy.

That is the fault of managers for not prioritising a safe pair of hands in goal last summer. Goalkeepers tend to be cheaper than other positions, budget is no excuse.

ovduk78

And I'm saying that the goalkeeper's we have got haven't improved under coaching by Oggy and keep making the same mistakes. It is nothing to do with SISU. Nobody mentioned SISU in this thread until you did so you are obviously trying to make a point

Grendel

And I'm saying that the goalkeeper's we have got haven't improved under coaching by Oggy and keep making the same mistakes. It is nothing to do with SISU. Nobody mentioned SISU in this thread until you did so you are obviously trying to make a point

To be fair to him the rugby season is ending soon and its car park franchise renewal time. Nicky is probably typing it from his bedroom while he.....lets just day is indulging in other activities.

italiahorse

The irony is if sisu were on the ball in terms of back room staff he'd have been sacked years ago.
WTF do you know about it?
Easy to say but no explanation as always.
Take it from me we are under resourced in all areas and people like Oggy are doing jobs other more qualified people should be doing.
We keep hearing this from managers.
Mowbray flagged up a load (scouting network is classic) and Robins is flagging the same because it never improved.
We've had a scout managing the club and then we had Venus 'running' it in.
Now people are picking on Oggy after years of great service.

ovduk78

That is the fault of managers for not prioritising a safe pair of hands in goal last summer. Goalkeepers tend to be cheaper than other positions, budget is no excuse.
The budget is no excuse when there are teams near the top that would love to have the budget we have, luckily for them they tend to spend their budget better than we do. I liked Mowbray but he fucked up big style with his recruiting from January 2016 onwards

italiahorse

Yes, I'm blaming Sisu for giving us a budget that means we have to obtain players nobody else wants.
I don't think Burge will ever be able to kick consistently or dominate his area particularly judging when to come out for the ball.
He may improve with experience but he needs to play at a lower level at the moment.
He's simply not good enough for this level and no amount of coaching will improve him.

italiahorse

The budget is no excuse when there are teams near the top that would love to have the budget we have, luckily for them they tend to spend their budget better than we do. I liked Mowbray but he fucked up big style with his recruiting from January 2016 onwards

I'd love to know the amount of the budget that actually gets spent on the players.
I don't believe Fisher.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes, I'm blaming Sisu for giving us a budget that means we have to obtain players nobody else wants.
I don't think Burge will ever be able to kick consistently or dominate his area particularly judging when to come out for the ball.
He may improve with experience but he needs to play at a lower level at the moment.
He's simply not good enough for this level and no amount of coaching will improve him.

I love the play at a lower level we are about to enter the lowest level, but a Burge is hopeless

italiahorse

To be fair to him the rugby season is ending soon and its car park franchise renewal time. Nicky is probably typing it from his bedroom while he.....lets just day is indulging in other activities.

You obviously know nothing about my business.
Clueless as ever.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd love to know the amount of the budget that actually gets spent on the players.
I don't believe Fisher.

The problem also is we are carrying players who never play and are never going to like a Jack Finch I have seen better players on parks than this chap.

ovduk78

And you know that we sign players no-one wants for definite? Mowbray spent ages chasing players at Championship clubs that didn't want to join us cause they could earn more elsewhere and ended up having to sign what was left. Oggy was a great goalkeeper for us but he was not the best kicker and despite his size didn't dominate his area enough, maybe he is teaching Burge to play like he used to

Users who are viewing this thread