Oggy (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Sounds like oggy will be saying goodbye in the summer his final swansong leading us out in Wembley

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Got a feeling he won't be alone, Wembley swan-song for a lot of people I think.

oscillatewildly

100% commitment from Sean. Always.
"Never give in Flynn" WBA fans used to refer to him according to a WBA supporting former work colleague. They must have coined it, don't remember us labelling him that, apt tho it certainly was. Never forget that beauty he rifled from outside the 18 yd box at Bramhall lane one Boxing day in the long distant past.

Paxman II

Nothing wrong in this tbf. I would like to think it is the act of a club giving him respect for his longevity at the club prior to his leaving for pastures new.

withnail

"Never give in Flynn" WBA fans used to refer to him according to a WBA supporting former work colleague. They must have coined it, don't remember us labelling him that, apt tho it certainly was. Never forget that beauty he rifled from outside the 18 yd box at Bramhall lane one Boxing day in the long distant past.

Apparently when he was at Tranmere if he messed something up he'd drop and do some self punishment press ups.

Somerset Sky Blue

I was thinking just the same as soon as this news was confirmed.
Might thoughts too, the Ccfc news item talked about it being a fitting tribute.

Whilst I understand some posters have been disappointed by his role as gk coach (perhaps with some reason!), he was the first keeper I remember at the city and we certainly benefited from his playing time.
If he retires, I hope it is a long and happy one.

covcity4life

I cannot understand how some of the posters on here can talk about Oggy that way, after the amazing service he's done for our club. Not just the cup final. He's got to be one of the bravest keepers I've ever seen. My first game was in 68 so I can go back as far as Bill Glazier (another great for our club), but people forget that Oggy has had his hand (literally) in keeping us up more times than most with his sheer bravery, and to read such talk from Coventry City supporters saddens me.

Enough of the dissin' Oggy already!

Someone was slaggin Dave Bennett a few weeks ago too! What's wrong with you people!

they are just dickheads.

torchomatic

Those who blame him for the poor goalkeepers we have not performing.

What's that got to do with SISU as mentioned in your original post?

Nick

Administrator

giphy.gif

Absolutely nothing to do with what you said originally.

italiahorse

What's that got to do with SISU as mentioned in your original post?
Here they come.
Underfunding the club is down to Sisu, we have poor players because we have to pick from what others don't want because of it.
When I see Oggy on the touchline talking tactics with strikers before they go on as Sub, it tells me we are missing staff at all levels.
It's Sisu underfunding throughout because of the break even policy and that's not what most clubs do and is certainly not what us fans require.
It continues with a top third budget in L2 (IF you believe Fisher) which tells me we are targeting 8th place.
Not good enough for most fans unfortunately who continue to walk away.
We need Sisu out and someone in that will put in a top 2 budget.

Nick

Administrator
He they come.
Underfunding the club is down to Sisu, we have poor players because we have to pick from what others don't want because of it.
When I see Oggy on the touchline talking tactics with strikers before they go on as Sub, it tells me we are missing staff at all levels.
It's Sisu underfunding throughout because of the break even policy and that's not what most clubs do and is certainly not what us fans require.
It continues with a top third budget in L2 (IF you believe Fisher) which tells me we are targeting 8th place.
Not good enough for most fans unfortunately who continue to walk away.
We need Sisu out and someone in that will put in a top 2 budget.

So where are they then?

Jesus Christ, so somebody blaming a coach for having 2 bad players is blaming him for everything?

Quick, try and think up a tedious link. It's as bad as the bloke I heard blame SISU for Jacob Murphy missing a penalty.

You are talking absolute bollocks for a change.

Nick

Administrator
... and the fun of chastising the Sisu apologists who seem to latch onto any anti Sisu comment.

Or the fact you are just talking shit.

Unless of course next time somebody says a player isn't good enough they are also blaming that player for every issue at the club?

italiahorse

So where are they then?

Jesus Christ, so somebody blaming a coach for having 2 bad players is blaming him for everything?

Quick, try and think up a tedious link. It's as bad as the bloke I heard blame SISU for Jacob Murphy missing a penalty.

You are talking absolute bollocks for a change.

... and you pick up me for blaming Sisu rather than pick up on people slagging off a person who has given his all.
Says it all.

Moff

Except our two keepers came through the ranks, and have been coached continually by Oggy (I presume so as he is the keeper coach). Sisu or no Sisu both lack confidence, make poor decisions and have been fairly poor, especially Burge. If that isn't down to the coach and the fact that he hasn't taught them to learn from mistakes then I don't know what is.

ovduk78

So are you saying that if a goalkeeper makes the same mistake over and over again then the goalkeeper coach is totally without blame? As a goalkeeper Oggy gave us great service and is rightfully up there in the top 2 or 3 goalkeeper's we have had of all time but I would question his coaching when we see the same mistakes over and over.

Nick

Administrator
... and you pick up me for blaming Sisu rather than pick up on people slagging off a person who has given his all.
Says it all.

No, I picked up on you saying people were blaming Oggy for "the situation Sisu have put the club in" and asked you where. You then changed it to something completely different.

You will then give it the "pro sisu", "defending sisu" line in reply, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

Moff

... and the fun of chastising the Sisu apologists who seem to latch onto any anti Sisu comment.

Where have you done that then?

Is it pro SISU to say our keepers are poor and that is partly down to their coach, or are you going to froth on?

Anyway personally I am glad to see him lead the team out. Nice touch by the club (can I say that or is that praising SISU :banghead:)

italiahorse

Except our two keepers came through the ranks, and have been coached continually by Oggy (I presume so as he is the keeper coach). Sisu or no Sisu both lack confidence, make poor decisions and have been fairly poor, especially Burge. If that isn't down to the coach and the fact that he hasn't taught them to learn from mistakes then I don't know what is.
You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear.
We need a more experience goalkeeper as these kids are at the wrong level and can't be given a skill they don't have.

You can't make a manager from a club scout.
You can't build a club back up if you don't put the money and staff in behind the scenes.
But Sisu try and some seem to try and justify it for them.

Users who are viewing this thread