Official January transfer window for CCFC (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

£2m is "a level of revenue which will help the club grow in the future to build a successful squad beyond the rest of this season."

Sisu's ambition ladies and gentlemen.

That's only slightly more than we got for Bigi FFS. And he ended up back here!

At least when Bigi went the opportunity to spend the money was there. City can't even spend this. Is the new CEO really a respected sports commerce writer? Does he not realise how rich and stupid Premier League clubs are?

Otis

Very true.

Can't see why we should be having a go at him.

I'm sure he'll say something really positive about the City again soon, but tonight he can only really talk about his new club surely?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Well if we're getting it off our chests:

I always thought the #JM10 thing and the YouTube videos were a sure sign of a nobhead.

Chipfat

Not a good deal in my opinion, too many players not contracted to the club come summer to have money to rebuild. When you look at what will be left even if we go up not enough cash to make a big difference or compete. If we stay in L1 Fleck, Ricketts, Ramage, Cole, Hunt, OB, MAF, Tudgay, C Thomas and Lorenzten never mind 6 loans going back would leave this squad in real trouble.

I really think the owners again are building for court cases not a club that can progress, very much let down in my opinion and TM will not hang around much longer if he keeps having the rug pulled from under him.

Otis

Is it that simple if the club have said 'we are selling you?'

Gazolba

At least when Bigi went the opportunity to spend the money was there. City can't even spend this.<snip>

You don't just spend money on signing players, you also spend it on wages. We just got in Lorentzen, Rose, Ramage, Hunt, Cargill and Stephens.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Very true.

Can't see why we should be having a go at him.

I'm sure he'll say something really positive about the City again soon, but tonight he can only really talk about his new club surely?

The usual empty soundbites I expect

Otis

Maybe, but the Norwich talk too could be described in exactly the same way. 'yes, I'm delighted to be joining such a great club etc. etc. etc.'

Jackoskyblue

I'm lost for words like most of us.

I'd rather not have him around the club anymore if I'm honest.

I'm sick of football and footballers, let's you down all the time especially as a city fan and just when that one player who you think could become a legend for the club comes along they go running off to the highest bidder.

Mowbray now HAS to demmand 100% of that money. The crowd are doing their bit and we are keeping the attendances above break even. There is no reason whatsoever that all of that money cannot be reinvested

PVA

Well if we're getting it off our chests:

I always thought the #JM10 thing and the YouTube videos were a sure sign of a nobhead.

I think the Youtube videos were made by his dad.

Wish I was good enough to have a Youtube compilation.

shmmeee

If we've sold him to pay for Hunt, Bigi and Ramage I don't know what to say.

That quote from the CEO is about as close as you'll get to a promise of signings in the summer, though surely if we get promoted 60% of £2m is a drop in the ocean.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If we've sold him to pay for Hunt, Bigi and Ramage I don't know what to say.

That quote from the CEO is about as close as you'll get to a promise of signings in the summer, though surely if we get promoted 60% of £2m is a drop in the ocean.
That will cover most of next years wage bill in league one

SlowerThanPlatt

Tom Nichols gone to Peterborough today for 400k. A striker with potential, just what we need. Posh owner knew clubs wanted Washington so moved him on early so he could replace him permanently

stupot07

Babies. This is how we manage to compete. Squad improved and still on for our highest finish in 40 years

How can be our highest finish in 40 years, we're currently say in 49th position in the football pyramid....we were higher than that when we were relegated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Tom Nichols gone to Peterborough today for 400k. A striker with potential, just what we need. Posh owner knew clubs wanted Washington so moved him on early so he could replace him permanently

But our owners wouldn't want it re-investing so this was perfect for them, i would imagine the cash will hit an account in the Cayman islands fairly shortly:(

skyblue025

It was inevitable he was going to go either this window or the next. The only thing I am disappointed about is the size of the fee. But then you look at Delle Ali only went for 5 mil and he was ready to play Prem football from the off.

Gazolba

Taking everything into account, with the players we have got in and the player who has gone, we have a much stronger squad now than before.

Users who are viewing this thread