Official January transfer window for CCFC (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Jack Marriott, 21 year old Luton striker linked. Millwall, Bradford and Sheffield United also interested. From HITC - the site who reported Maddison to Norwich first.

Scored against us in the pre season friendly.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/22/league-one-quartet-chase-lutons-marriott/

Interesting if so.

With Jones signed up, it does look like we're going for a bit of an 'invest in players' strategy which, tbh, I'd be all for.

Naturally it means we have to invest in the *right* players mind you...!

lifeskyblue

Young hungry players that TM can help develop...I think it's a better strategy than old has beens who can no longer cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

And what we need next season is a spine of our own players at least, rather than being dependant on loans.

The Armstrong will he, won't he, hasn't helped at all I don't think.

Next season we need our own good quality keeper, at least two of our own centre backs, 2 midfielders and main striker.

Loans should help compliment the squad and improve it for sure, but we shouldn't be in the position ever again of having just one goalscorer at the club and him not even being our player.

Top scorer is Armstrong, 2nd best scorer is Murphy. Both loan players.

chiefdave

Interesting. If players like Marriott and Jones are coming in are we spending some money? Can't imagine we'd be able to pick them up for free when there is competition to sign them.

stevefloyd

We havent signed him yet but great news if he is signed we desperately need another striker, Armstrong has done brilliant for us this season but the goals have all but dried up for him so someone else hopefully banging them in can kickstart the whole team...

shmmeee

If we can have a core of mature players on 2 year and 1 year deals, Stokes, Vincelot, Rose, plus a couple of others. Then have a group of young players like Jones and Marriott complementing the likes of Thomas, Stevenson and Harries we'd be in good shape.

Got to say if we keep up these signings and Maddison keeps up his recent performances I'll happily eat humble pie about that deal.

Otis

Right lets start the predictions and see what happens from next week with transfers at the club.

I think...

Bids will come in for:

Maddison
Fleck
RCC

Hoping all the above will be rejected but if a £10m bid came in with season back loan it would be hard to turn down.

Kent will be sent back to Liverpool

TM will be after:

2 defenders
GK (if RCC goes)
Joe Cole (perm)
Bigi (perm)
Striker (loan)
Winger (loan)
I don't think we will have any bids for Fleck or RCC to be honest.

Could be one for Maddison though.

ms639

And what we need next season is a spine of our own players at least, rather than being dependant on loans.

The Armstrong will he, won't he, hasn't helped at all I don't think.

Next season we need our own good quality keeper, at least two of our own centre backs, 2 midfielders and main striker.

You are absolutely deluded. In our financial position the only way for us to bring in the quality is in the loan market, we brought a striker in this season by the name of Marc- Antoine Fortune, where would we be in the league without the loan market. the best players or spine of our team have not been those who are permanently contracted to us, bar perhaps Fleck. Yes we could go out and buy a spine of the team if we have a nice little cash injection but otherwise we will rightly so be relying on the loan market

Loans should help compliment the squad and improve it for sure, but we shouldn't be in the position ever again of having just one goalscorer at the club and him not even being our player.

Top scorer is Armstrong, 2nd best scorer is Murphy. Both loan players.

Otis

Think you have 'complete missed the point. Of course we need loans, but if you look at Scunthorpe, they have Paddy Madden as their main striker. Their own player!

I know we need loans. All I am saying is we need at least to be able to select from our own players in the spine of our team.

Fortune was not brought in to play every week. Surely you are aware of that.

What I am saying doesn't stop us having 6, 7 or 8 loans.

This season we have had so many discussions about whether we can extend Armstrong's deal, whether he will be recalled. It's been going on all season long. Does that help our continuity and push for promotion?
All that uncertainty?

I bet you a pound to a penny that TM will indeed try to secure our own goalscorer next season. We have already been linked with a striker at Luton.

oucho

TM has said that whatever happens next season, we'll be having 5-6 loannees again. He said it's not ideal but that's just the way football is at the moment. Ideally we'd have 1-2 quality ones, with the rest being our own squad, but that's where we are.

covcity4life

TM has said that whatever happens next season, we'll be having 5-6 loannees again. He said it's not ideal but that's just the way football is at the moment. Ideally we'd have 1-2 quality ones, with the rest being our own squad, but that's where we are.

thought he said there will be more permanent players next year?

got to be a few loans for sure, and lets face it all these loans have given us our most successfull season in years pts wise so why is everyone moaning so much?

Otis

Yep, totally agree.

At the moment we have our own keeper, promising, but not the full article (RCC), a right back good enough for this division (Ricketts), a left back, more than good enough (Stokes), 2 good enough CB's, Willis and Martin, 2 good enough defensive midfield players (Fleck and Vincelot).

All our own players.

What we don't have is a main striker. We have Tudgay (33) and Fortune (34) and then the likes of Sambou and George Thomas. Tudgay and Fortune were never going to play every week.

We need our own striker next season. We can't have another will he, won't he Armstrong situation.

Definitely we will need 5 or 6 loans, keeper probably, defence, attacking midfield, wide players and another striker.

We just need a spine that can be made up of our own players as a foundation to build from.

Hobo

thought he said there will be more permanent players next year?

got to be a few loans for sure, and lets face it all these loans have given us our most successfull season in years pts wise so why is everyone moaning so much?
Vincelot and Stokes were good signings I think fans would have liked to see say two more additions to that in key positions in the spine. Players given two year contracts. And then the loans we have had bolstering them. A sense we were building our own team, players who could contribute for the next two to three years.

But that is why I have said two years, managers can't do it in one transfer window and the January one is hard to get good deals in.

Users who are viewing this thread