Official January transfer window for CCFC (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

The club wanted to sell him. Mowbray wasn't unhappy at selling he was virtually giving the terms of sale in interviews.

Where it went wrong in terms of a bidding war was there were no bidders.

No so sure about that. After the Scunny game TM was clearly giving out signals that madders was on his way but that it wouldn't be his choice. Of course, he could have been getting his defence in early. (Cue Otis quip re Madders out, 2 defenders in ...).

torchomatic

And I doubt they twisted his.

Not saying he didnt want to go as he's obviously signed the contract but I doubt he twisted the clubs arm and gave them no choice but to accept the offer

letsallsingtogether

So of we get promoted and Norwich get religated they will have madders and murphy playing against us all for 2 pieces of silver.
Fuckin wankers.
Will they spend it on new players then again wont get much for that.

Nick

Administrator
So of we get promoted and Norwich get religated they will have madders and murphy playing against us all for 2 pieces of silver.
Fuckin wankers.
Will they spend it on new players then again wont get much for that.

So you are angry about a scenario that sees us get promoted with a couple of mill behind us?

covcity4life

promotion is number 1 priority at end of day

yes we could have kept maddison but maybe then vs port vale we have ramage and ricketts at back again

now we have reinforced defence and maddison till end of season. maybe this will prove to be the right decision

Kingokings204

Telegraph or Radio?

Telegraph

I have just watched Alan and Andy video on Maddison sale and for once I agree with Alan Poole. Never thought I would say that.

The truth is we are all left in the dark over the deal. No one knows

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph

I have just watched Alan and Andy video on Maddison sale and for once I agree with Alan Poole. Never thought I would say that.

The truth is we are all left in the dark over the deal. No one knows

Isn't that like 90% of transfers? Some people are being a bit OTT about it all.

Kingokings204

What did he say?

Just basically it all seems a bit rushed through and it doesn't seem like without knowing everything the best deal we could get. He said the only reason you sell quickly like this as he has stated what 14 games for us is the guy is injury prone or he is a flash in the pan of which Maddison is neither.

I'm Pooles biggest critic but he made sense. It does all seem a bit rushed when no need to be. He will be worth more the more he plays so why sell with two minutes to go on deadline day?

Kingokings204

Isn't that like 90% of transfers? Some people are being a bit OTT about it all.

Not really OTT Nick, fans are disappointed in what seems like a very cheap price of which we know we will see not a lot of as history tells us and we have lost yet another talented good player. Surely you understand that?

I still can't fathom why you would sell right at the last minute for what seems a cheap fee to a club who very well get relegated? Something doesn't sit right with me

Astute

Just basically it all seems a bit rushed through and it doesn't seem like without knowing everything the best deal we could get. He said the only reason you sell quickly like this as he has stated what 14 games for us is the guy is injury prone or he is a flash in the pan of which Maddison is neither.

I'm Pooles biggest critic but he made sense. It does all seem a bit rushed when no need to be. He will be worth more the more he plays so why sell with two minutes to go on deadline day?

Somebody wanted to cash in on him this transfer window and there was no chance of a higher offer with minutes to go.

Nick

Administrator
Not really OTT Nick, fans are disappointed in what seems like a very cheap price of which we know we will see not a lot of as history tells us and we have lost yet another talented good player. Surely you understand that?

I still can't fathom why you would sell right at the last minute for what seems a cheap fee to a club who very well get relegated? Something doesn't sit right with me

But some of the comments grown men are coming out with? About a player who has only played a handful of games?

It is more about #JM10 the brand, if he wasn't from coventry there would be a small % of the fuss.

Kingokings204

For the record, I have no issue with him leaving it was inevitable but my issues are why all done last minute and his value just has to increase in time the more he plays just like a league 1 dele alli. And the biscuit is he has gone to a club who have a 50-50 chance of relegation to the championship anyway. Don't see this as a great move for JM other than his pockets getting bigger along with his agent of course. Just ask bigi.

Kingokings204

Somebody wanted to cash in on him this transfer window and there was no chance of a higher offer with minutes to go.

Why sell this window then? He might be a championship player in 4 months time? His Value will only go up

rupert_bear

Who will have rushed it then ? Mark Venus supposedly is the overlord on transfers here. I personally can't see this transfer happening out of the blue. Why would Norwich rush things when they don't plan to use him until next season ?

Kingokings204

But some of the comments grown men are coming out with? About a player who has only played a handful of games?

It is more about #JM10 the brand, if he wasn't from coventry there would be a small % of the fuss.

Don't agree with that last sentence. I hear what your saying But the fact he is from Cov has nothing to do with it. Well not for me anyway. I'm alarmed by the small fee that was clearly rushed and pushed through most likely with TM approval.

He had to go at some point but what I said to astute. His value will only go up.

Kingokings204

Who will have rushed it then ? Mark Venus supposedly is the overlord on transfers here. I personally can't see this transfer happening out of the blue. Why would Norwich rush things when they don't plan to use him until next season ?

Why would Norwich rush the deal? Really? Because he will be worth more in the summer and to beat off other competitors getting him. Get him now while he is on low wages at Cov and still got bags of potential. Only 14 starts for us.

All of which if we held on we surely could of commanded more. Although I do accept we would of got more but would we of seen the extra? Not so sure

Nick

Administrator
Don't agree with that last sentence. I hear what your saying But the fact he is from Cov has nothing to do with it. Well not for me anyway. I'm alarmed by the small fee that was clearly rushed and pushed through most likely with TM approval.

He had to go at some point but what I said to astute. His value will only go up.

If Ruben Lamieres for example was sold for £2million and had had a much better season so far then people wouldn't be half as fussed.

All of this "he's one of our own" stuff, JM10, Madderz etc. It wont be long until he has a day named after him.

Kingokings204

If Ruben Lamieres for example was sold for £2million and had had a much better season so far then people wouldn't be half as fussed.

All of this "he's one of our own" stuff, JM10, Madderz etc. It wont be long until he has a day named after him.

Fair enough. Anyone you would think you started Carl baker appreciation day last year

Kingokings204

Durham is on cwr now? Fuckin hell, he was sucking Harry Redknapps cock live on talksport yesterday.

Oh sorry that is talksport drive time 4-7pm. My bad.

Yes did hear that yesterday. Durham is a creep and bums anyone when they show any sort of liking for him. He famously had a rant at Jamie caragher and when he confronted him Durham bottled it and now guess what they are best mates.

He also slated Karl Robinson at mk dons and then now after chatting he thinks the guy is doing a great job.

D

Deleted member 4439

cet Contrary to earlier reports, Chris Anderson will actually be appearing on the radio between 6pm and 7pm tonight.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread