Nuneaton MP to raise CCFC home next season in Parliament (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'd like to think (as an earlier poster stated) that if we were moved out of Coventry Wasps would get some bad press, sadly I think that's very unlikely to happen.

The people who have sided with Wasps will always use the line 'It's SISU's fault' regardless. Even if it comes out that SISU did legitimately try and get a decent deal, the people who want to watch Wasps won't be prepared to listen to that side of the story. They want to keep their morally injust habit through any means of justification.

As for the council blocking the Butts Park Arena, I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Gosford Green

I really should say something on this as Nick will be disappointed.

My usual position is all Tories should be clubbed about the head like seal pups on an ice flow but on this occasion I will put politics to one side.
His involvement worries me, he has influence and can pick up the phone and talk to people and it appears he does not like what he has heard. Apparently last years pre background noise talks went well, Anderson was close to a deal last year but the problem seems to be from Wasps owners and some of their backers, the people who run the stadium get on with well with whoever is running the day to day side of CCFC. Wasps top brass want assurances from their CCFC counterparts all legal action is to stopped against Wasps before they will sanction a deal, Anderson could not give that promise. I got told this a few months ago from a credible source and not much seems to have changed.

If the club leaves the city it will die, I think we all know that. The EFL has to get involved, they can speak to ALL parties and draw conclusions with the full facts, even a potential consortium that could secure the long term future of CCFC in Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
They can withdraw the golden share. I would guess the Wimbledon / MK Dons scenario is something they do not want repeated.

The threat of it might shift the log jam.
Withdraw it on what grounds / basis? They can't and wouldn't, sadly.

Nick

Administrator
No, the golden share can be transferred to another company, that company that is usually the operating company of the football club.
They aren't going to force ownership changes, it would open up all sorts of madness all over the league

NorthernWisdom

No, the golden share can be transferred to another company, that company that is usually the operating company of the football club.
It can be transferred if the club is taken over. This is what happened with us. The club is now Otium Entertainment Group, trading as Coventry City Football Club, this is the football club.

The golden share is not a 'thing', it's a right to play in the league. Withdraw that, and the space in the league becomes vacant and is filled by the pyramid.

So if we weren't about, we might see Bromley in the league next season... or whoever finishes last but one staying up.

Gosford Green

It can be transferred if the club is taken over. This is what happened with us. The club is now Otium Entertainment Group, trading as Coventry City Football Club, this is the football club.

The golden share is not a 'thing', it's a right to play in the league. Withdraw that, and the space in the league becomes vacant and is filled by the pyramid.

So if we weren't about, we might see Bromley in the league next season... or whoever finishes last but one staying up.

Ok change of wording, if OEG can not offer a plan for CCFC to remain at the Ricoh strip them of the share and invite someone else to offer an alternative.

Gosford Green

At which point, Coventry will not have a league club!

There are people who would step in. It would take some radical action by the League and it would go out as a warning to other owners,

No deal at the Ricoh and the club moves away and then Coventry does not have a league club anyway. It is that simple, to quote yourself.

Gosford Green

It won't, because it wouldn't happen. It would open up madness.

That is just your opinion. There is no precedence set, there is one for a club moving (Wimbledon- MK) over ground issues which scares me. Even the most fanatical club stalwarts on here would bulk at MK Sky Blues.

Nick

Administrator
That is just your opinion. There is no precedence set, there is one for a club moving (Wimbledon- MK) over ground issues which scares me. Even the most fanatical club stalwarts on here would bulk at MK Sky Blues.
Yes, but then it opens it up for stadium owners to do what they want..

They can't just give the club to somebody else.

Otis

I'd like to think (as an earlier poster stated) that if we were moved out of Coventry Wasps would get some bad press, sadly I think that's very unlikely to happen.

I wonder what the feeling is amongst City fans who also support Wasps.

What do they feel about the idea of Sky Blues moving out of the city?

Sounds total madness to me to have a club that has absolutely no association with the city of Coventry, moving into the city and a club that has all it's association with the city of Coventry and has done so for nigh on 150 years, moving out of the city.

Bonkers doesn't even begin to start to describe it.

If I were a City fan who also supported Wasps I would be very angry with Wasps if they refused to work with CCFC.

Last edited:

Gosford Green

Yes, but then it opens it up for stadium owners to do what they want..

They can't just give the club to somebody else.

They could have an independent tribunal, like I said earlier in this thread, listen to all sides and make a decision. The future of the club hangs on someone on the other side of the Atlantic ceasing court action. Joy can carry on and batter who she like in court for all I care, just take CCFC out of it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The EFL will not withdraw the share from otium just because wasps do not offer a rental deal acceptable to one of its members. Otium nor the EFL cannot force wasps to offer any rental deal or to set its terms. The EFL have regulatory power over otium as they are member of the league they have no such power over wasps or any of the parties involved including Sisu.

Sisu have been a disaster for our team but unfortunately they have the right to do as they please with the club they own. I am sure they could put a case together that any wasps deal could damage Ccfc in their opinion and the EFL are going to be hard pressed to argue against it let alone withdraw the share

Given that otium can not force wasps to offer a deal what rule or regulation has otium broken that gives the EFL the opportunity to take the share away and give it to someone unconnected. If the EFL take such an action. Otium would go bust crystallising the losses and unless the EFL could point to definite wrong doing by otium then the EFL would be on the hook for tens of millions. Indeed given Sisu loving of legal action it is nailed on this would end up in court. As far as can be seen there is no major breaches of regulation, therefore no right to withdraw. So the EFL won't take the financial risk

Not only that but if it happened now there would be no way for Ccfc to fulfill fixtures. If otium goes bankrupt, which it would if it lost the share, then the players become free agents. in addition the other Ccfc assets wouldn't have to go to a new Ccfc club either - would make sense to sell ryton for housing for example. The Ccfc record this season would be expunged. Ccfc would no longer exist in effect. The league would go on one short. At end of season the EFL would offer the share to someone but it doesn't have to be Ccfc or even be in Coventry and plenty of other teams would be keen to take it up. Once the share goes otium no longer a member and doesn't have take heed of the EFL other than to serve legal actions.

The league couldn't force otium to sell its assets to anyone in particular, the players would be free agents to go get the best deal they can at other clubs, the academy would fold, and ARVO would control the liquidation because of the charge over the assets. All that doesn't even consider the incredibly tight timescale and aggrieved owners not willingly selling anything

How does any of that help Ccfc? Highly likely to make things much worse and the precedent set would see legal actions that could bankrupt the efl

Final thought..... what if the scenario suited Sisu and they let someone take Ccfc out of existence........ then concentrated on recovering losses in court...... it is actually a clearer case than the JR2 on the face of it

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Good summary osb58. Shocking how some so called fans on here advocate FL sanctions but then again not surprising considering previous attitudes.

NortonSkyBlue

Given that every word in this thread is pure supposition and the posters just trying to shoehorn what they think or want to happen to the CCFC/Wasps relationship.
Our fan discomfort is not the issue here, it's whether Wasps can stomach working with our owners and keep down the bile enough to share their facilities with us whilst Sisu continue legal against them and are Wasps prepared to take the backdraft if they do bolt the doors?
There is absolutely nowhere for our owners to go IMO, it's the Ricoh or die in our present form.

Users who are viewing this thread