Nuneaton match thread (3 Viewers)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
G Thomas? Have we seen anything of Kwame Thomas yet?

Thomas looks lively (not lovely as my phone wanted to put). Think if he gets games he will get some goals, but isn't the answer. Ideally he'd play in the hole behind a top two, rather than in the whole behind just Sordell. But at the minute don't think we have the right partner for Sordell so can see us sticking to Mowbrays set up rather than the one I'd want to see.

Tracks back quite a bit to do the defensive duties of a forward player which is good.

Can get in good positions in the box too but whilst he lacks in height, crossing to him in the area doesn't really serve much purpose.

Not seen sight of Kwame yet due to his injury.

steve82

Thomas looks lively (not lovely as my phone wanted to put). Think if he gets games he will get some goals, but isn't the answer. Ideally he'd play in the hole behind a top two, rather than in the whole behind just Sordell. But at the minute don't think we have the right partner for Sordell so can see us sticking to Mowbrays set up rather than the one I'd want to see.

Tracks back quite a bit to do the defensive duties of a forward player which is good.

Can get in good positions in the box too but whilst he lacks in height, crossing to him in the area doesn't really serve much purpose.

Not seen sight of Kwame yet due to his injury.

I also see George Thomas best position as just behind a front two centrally. I think he'd get goals playing along side a target man. A big man little man combo.

robbiekeane

sounds like that would be best. does anyone know what formation we're actually going to play though? I've heard 3-4-3 but cant really make a decent squad out of it, at least as of yet.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I also see George Thomas best position as just behind a front two centrally. I think he'd get goals playing along side a target man. A big man little man combo.

He hasn't much pace but think if we can play him on the floor he will come good with te goal in front of him.

If only we had Murphy back to show him how to finish when 1 v 1

georgehudson

just a few thoughts, as I watched the game,
Haynes might be worth trying as a striker alongside Sordell, as he has height, pace, & would need to sort out his shooting,
top marks would go to Gadzhev (bossed the show), with RCC, Willis, Leahy, Harries, Rose, & Dion KE, not far behind, i'd classify the aforementioned as 'thinking footballers',
also Jones, Maycock, Whitmore, Tudgay & Stevenson when they came on looked v.good,
the trialist (assumed Robert), tried hard,
i fully appreciate it was against a side that is a couple of leagues below ouselves

Seamus1

I personally felt that Thomas was poor yesterday evening, seemed to me to be about two seconds behind everything.

Dion Kelly-Evans really stood out, and if that first twenty minutes was anything to go by, he could be a great impact sub, after defences have had Jones or Reid running at them for 70 minutes.

Gadzhev also looked a cut above everyone, with the range of passing shown, but also how he was able to make space for himself.

Otis

just a few thoughts, as I watched the game,
Haynes might be worth trying as a striker alongside Sordell, as he has height, pace, & would need to sort out his shooting.

Ha!

Ha ha!

Ha ha ha!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

FRY-CCFC

Swindon just lost their final pre-season friendly 2-1 to Yeovil with Nathan Thompson limping off injured. Superb.

georgehudson

just thinking outside the box otis,
after all there have been a few players who started as full backs & ended up as strikers,
e.g. that scouser who scored loads for soton,

Users who are viewing this thread