Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (1 Viewer)

rob9872

First goal huge as we play off confidence (poss younger players?) and their is stay is when leading they time wste and know how to run the clock down. Early goal and we'll stuff em!

matesx

1. Hyam and Willis?
2. Willis and MacDonald?
3. Hyam and MacDonald?

Tempted by option 2 myself

CCFC54321

If every player has learned from the Lincoln game along with county away and Saturdays that you have to compete and each player actually does that then we’ll be fine. I won’t have it that County are a better side than city. If we can compete and stop the stupid individual mistakes we’ll be good....

... however we have young players who’s mental strength isn’t there yet possibly?

We also need some defenders to pull there finger out and start contributing to set pieces. The stats are pathetic this season and needs addressing next season.

covcity4life

i have a feeling robins might jsut want to keep it defesnive for first 65 mins or so and try snatch a winner late on. so biamou may start for defesnive cotnribution

ccfcricoh

i have a feeling robins might jsut want to keep it defesnive for first 65 mins or so and try snatch a winner late on. so biamou may start for defesnive cotnribution
Agree - can't risk conceding first - play on counter for first 60 minutes and keep it tight at back and see where we are...

or...

Come out of the blocks and hit them straight away and be 3-0 up by half time

* i prefer the second option

Frank Sidebottom

I think we've got to go for it from the off... try and get the early goal.... if we can do that it'll open them up and McNulty will have a field day. We make too many defensive mistakes to sit back.

SlowerThanPlatt

Sky Bet have Notts County as slight favourites tomorrow night. Probably fair going by all 4 home teams have got to Wembley so far.

The either team in extra time or either team on penalties both look a good price at 5/1 what do you think @Christopher Michael

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’m already bloody nervous about tomorrow night. Look at the two records, I can’t help but think that first goal wins tomorrow night.
And we’ve got a dreadful record in Nottingham, I’ve never seen us get even a point against Forest or County and I’ve done both grounds combined 6 times....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

4-3-3

Burge

Grimmer - Hyam - Willis - Stokes
Bayliss - Doyle - Kelly
Biamou - McNulty - JCH

Apart from Reid who is out of favour, we have no wingers. With Shipley being poor too, I would play this and get the best out of the players we have in the positions they are supposed to play in.

ccfc_ukr

every time I think im calm about Friday i get sucked into reading more posts on here and leave feeling nervous and excited all at the same time! its turning into a nightmare week as far as productivity at work goes!

I feel like eveyrthing that can be said has been said already, and now we just have to ride out this rollercoaster and try and enjoy tomorrow as much as possible....anyone up for discussing the England squad as a distraction from tomorrow? :-/

jordan210

A few bookies have County down as favourites. Thats fine with me. Id rather we go in to this as underdogs.

Kelly is key to us. As much as he annoys me week in week out. When he does put a shift in and is willing to pass forward and shoot we always look better.

Last edited:

ccfcrob

every time I think im calm about Friday i get sucked into reading more posts on here and leave feeling nervous and excited all at the same time! its turning into a nightmare week as far as productivity at work goes!

I feel like eveyrthing that can be said has been said already, and now we just have to ride out this rollercoaster and try and enjoy tomorrow as much as possible....anyone up for discussing the England squad as a distraction from tomorrow? :-/
Im fairly sure my work are going to refuse my invoice this week. Unless they move into the oxygen recycling sector overnight, then I will be scot free!

clint van damme

4-3-3

Burge

Grimmer - Hyam - Willis - Stokes
Bayliss - Doyle - Kelly
Biamou - McNulty - JCH

Apart from Reid who is out of favour, we have no wingers. With Shipley being poor too, I would play this and get the best out of the players we have in the positions they are supposed to play in.

I would seriously consider the option of dropping Grimmer, putting McDonald in the centre and Willis to RB just to shore up the defence.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I would seriously consider the option of dropping Grimmer, putting McDonald in the centre and Willis to RB just to shore up the defence.

I would very much agree with you. The only reason I haven't done that is because I was under the impression it wasn't something most people were favouring. I actually think he has been very suspect for a long time. The only reason he was getting away with it was because Haynes was in the team and taking the boo-boy spotlight away.

Gynnsthetonic

I would very much agree with you. The only reason I haven't done that is because I was under the impression it wasn't something most people were favouring. I actually think he has been very suspect for a long time. The only reason he was getting away with it was because Haynes was in the team and taking the boo-boy spotlight away.
One spare ticket required if anyone can help

CCFC88

I just think McDondalds bad days are most costly than Grimmers bad days.

If Grimmer has a bad game he has Willis sweeping up and a second line of defence usually, most ROD slip us result is us conceding as hes usually the last line of defence.

If were wanting to give ourselves the best chance of keeping it tight it has to be Willis & Hyam in the middle for me.

clint van damme

I don't mind Grimmer but in what could be a tight game I think we need to be as sound defensively as possible.

ccfcrob

Is it me,but seems abit quiet on here today,the calm before the storm maybe..
I think that everything that can be said has been. We are struggling to think up new topics to analyse then cross analyse. Having said that I wonder how long the grass is at Meadow Lane? Will is favour us or them?

ccfcricoh

I think that everything that can be said has been. We are struggling to think up new topics to analyse then cross analyse. Having said that I wonder how long the grass is at Meadow Lane? Will is favour us or them?
Ooo new topic... I'm going with 34mm and favour us....

In all seriousness though I think the pitch will favour us more tomorrow night than our own pitch did on sat!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

TewkesburySkyBlue

All I know is I’m bloody nervous can’t stop shaking and no I haven’t had a drink. Just pray we’ll have that one bit of luck to see us through. We sure as heck deserve it after the last 10 + years.

Users who are viewing this thread