Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (1 Viewer)

steve82

Ive tried to put my MR head on and it’s tricky on how to approach this. Will Forte play is key for me on how we can set up. It is a tricky call, for me it’s who you partner with Hyam who is the closest we’ve got to Davies should a ban be given after his appeal.

As I put on the Tom Davies thread...
I’ve concerns over both Willis and Mcdonald. Willis has pace to get out of jail but has been exposed a few times this season by a target man but has also contained some and is in much better form than Mcdonald who’s looked well off the pace we seen in the first 3 months.
Secondly with Hyam the back line needs a leader that Davies brings to the side. Willis doesn’t have that leadership qualities and McDonnald has not really shown this either. However Mcdonald if he turns up might just be the physical presence we need to cover with a likely front two Stead and Ameobi but his head seems elsewhere lately. MR would be putting a lot of faith in him.

It’s very likely if MR is forced to make a decision it will be Willis who’s been consistent since December and Hyam, but it’s a tough call to make.

For me the only change will be the one at the back. I’d stick with McNulty and Biamou despite my early thoughts on playing JCH as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Ive tried to put my MR head on and it’s tricky on how to approach this. Will Forte play is key for me on how we can set up. It is a tricky call, for me it’s who you partner with Hyam who is the closest we’ve got to Davies should a ban be given after his appeal.

As I put on the Tom Davies thread...
I’ve concerns over both Willis and Mcdonald. Willis has pace to get out of jail but has been exposed a few times this season by a target man but has also contained some and is in much better form than Mcdonald who’s looked well off the pace we seen in the first 3 months.
Secondly with Hyam the back line needs a leader that Davies brings to the side. Willis doesn’t have that leadership qualities and McDonnald has not really shown this either. However Mcdonald if he turns up might just be the physical presence we need to cover with a likely front two Stead and Ameobi but his head seems elsewhere lately. MR would be putting a lot of faith in him.

It’s very likely if MR is forced to make a decision it will be Willis who’s been consistent since December and Hyam, but it’s a tough call to make.

For me the only change will be the one at the back. I’d stick with McNulty and Biamou despite my early thoughts on playing JCH as well.

GRimmer is the weak link

steve82

I think we all know grimmer has his issues at times and after playing over 50 games has looked jaded now and more error prone. Its near enough double what he’s ever played in a season

I’d still pick him on the right ahead of Willis tho. When Willis filled in this season he looked lost, Willis looks better and more comfortable in the central role.

Otis

I think we all know grimmer has his issues at times and after playing over 50 games has looked jaded now and more error prone. Its near enough double what he’s ever played in a season

I’d still pick him on the right ahead of Willis tho. When Willis filled in this season he looked lost, Willis looks better and more comfortable in the central role.

Yeah, Willis is would there, but his distribution is poor and the position just doesn't really suit him at all.

Otis

This thread is heading in an unsavoury direction. Time to pull the plug (that's not a euphemism, for all you Carry On fans out there).

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I agree. I am not sure I like wear your taking this.

Londonccfcfan

99% of the time id say yes and agree.

But on this occasion We need to keep a clean sheet. If we do that we win plain and simple as i think we have a goal in or two in us over 90 or 120 mins.

Keep a clean sheet. The only was we do that is sniffle their one dimensional attacking threat.

Willis, rod , Hyam , Stokes for me.

Anyway lets just hope Davies doesnt get banned, then id still want Willis in for Grimmer especially away from home.

steve82

99% of the time id say yes and agree.

But on this occasion We need to keep a clean sheet. If we do that we win plain and simple as i think we have a goal in or two in us over 90 or 120 mins.

Keep a clean sheet. The only was we do that is sniffle their one dimensional attacking threat.

Willis, rod , Hyam , Stokes for me.

Anyway lets just hope Davies doesnt get banned, then id still want Willis in for Grimmer especially away from home.

Issue with that is yes they are direct in there play but Notts county have 3rd best scoring defence with 14 compared to our 1 goal, they also have the best scoring midfield with 24 goals tho that’s largely down to Jorge Grant getting 15.

They are such a threat at set pieces.

Our strikers are superior or Marc McNulty is for that with our strikers credited with 44 with county’s strikers getting 30.

Take away Jack Grimmer for Willis and your taking away one of our few ball carriers even tho it rarely amounts to anything but it occupies Dan Jones who is a threat.

Londonccfcfan

Issue with that is yes they are direct in there play but Notts county have 3rd best scoring defence with 14 compared to our 1 goal, they also have the best scoring midfield with 24 goals tho that’s largely down to Jorge Grant getting 15.

They are such a threat at set pieces.

Our strikers are superior or Marc McNulty is for that with our strikers credited with 44 with county’s strikers getting 30.

Take away Jack Grimmer for Willis and your taking away one of our few ball carriers even tho it rarely amounts to anything but it occupies Dan Jones who is a threat.

I agree completely. Id still go for Willis im afraid at right back. Imo hes so much better defensively compared to Grimmer. We need no nonsense defending. And we win imo.

Grimmers crossing when he does get forward has been woefull and very wastefull.

I suppose im looking at keeping it very tight.

The good thing is we have options. Likely Grimmer wont be dropped for Willis.

Nick

Administrator
I agree completely. Id still go for Willis im afraid at right back. Imo hes so much better defensively compared to Grimmer. We need no nonsense defending. And we win imo.

Grimmers crossing when he does get forward has been woefull and very wastefull.

I suppose im looking at keeping it very tight.

The good thing is we have options. Likely Grimmer wont be dropped for Willis.

You are saying you want to keep it tight but also put Mcdonald back in?

covcity4life

willis or macdonald for davies if banned

jch for biamou as i think robins tasked biamou with being defensive 1st leg but 2nd leg we need to go for win really. maybe he will play biamou first 60 mins though

Londonccfcfan

You are saying you want to keep it tight but also put Mcdonald back in?
Cmon now ypur just being silly. Mcdonald isnt that bad.

Id give hime another chance, if hes not up for this chance he wont ever be up for anything.

Rod has his faults but is easily the most comfortable on the ball off all our defenders by a country mile. Physically is the strongest. He hasnt become a bad defender overnight. Like i said at wycombe he was immense vs Akinfenwa.

He makes the odd gaffe like all of them do.

I hope theres not a different underlying reason why hes out of favor or been underperforming compared to other games earlier in season.

MatthewWallis

I reckon 1-0 at HT to us then they’ll equalise late on, it will go to pens. Who wins from there I don’t have a clue

Amcoventry

3-1 us. We were the better team last game and should have scored more. We will this game!

Gibbo

Is there a "wisdom of the crowds" emerging here, not withstanding the outliers like Londonccfcfan
Burge: Grimmer, Willis, Rod & Stokes at the back, no change in midfield, Sparky and JCH up front

McDonald was the star player for the first half of the season. Check the player ratings

Where the weight of opinion is on this site eventually settles sometimes gets there ahead of MR - again excluding the outliers liker Otis's protracted love affairs with first Beavon and then Vincenti, Grendel's hate figures and so on

It is interesting to me at least how settled the team is, were everybody to be available.

Otis

Is there a "wisdom of the crowds" emerging here, not withstanding the outliers like Londonccfcfan
Burge: Grimmer, Willis, Rod & Stokes at the back, no change in midfield, Sparky and JCH up front

McDonald was the star player for the first half of the season. Check the player ratings

Where the weight of opinion is on this site eventually settles sometimes gets there ahead of MR - again excluding the outliers liker Otis's protracted love affairs with first Beavon and then Vincenti, Grendel's hate figures and so on

It is interesting to me at least how settled the team is, were everybody to be available.
Did I hear someone mention Beavon?

All the sensor alarms in the house just started going off like crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread