Match Thread Norwich (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can’t believe he didn’t send him off. It’s such an easy decision

Fair play to the ref for not stopping play immediately to send the fucker off

I'm sure I read that if the ref thinks a situation is worthy of a red card he has to stop the game immediately regardless of any potential advantage.

So having allowed us the advantage he then couldn't go back and send him off.

Of course there could be workarounds - he could allow the advantage then afterwards get the assistant to have a word with him and say he thought it was a yellow but after speaking to the linesmen it was a red.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm sure I read that if the ref thinks a situation is worthy of a red card he has to stop the game immediately regardless of any potential advantage.

So having allowed us the advantage he then couldn't go back and send him off.

Of course there could be workarounds - he could allow the advantage then afterwards get the assistant to have a word with him and say he thought it was a yellow but after speaking to the linesmen it was a red.

When I trained admittedly some years ago the guidance was you should give a straight red in case the offender were to then prevent a goal. I don’t remember being told you had to stop it no matter what. It may be he genuinely thought it was just a booking.

D

Deleted member 2477

You’ve really stirred the feckers up over there 😕 Youseff they don’t like the truth.
I have always liked Norwich as I saw them as a club very similar to ours in size and history simialr to Southampton as well. Reading their forum and listening to the commentary yesterday they have clearly become arrogant billy big bollocks due to a few seasons in the prem

Sky Blue Harry H

Shit tackle and a joke that Barcelona were tracking him. Dabo is miles better than him.

Dabo is a star - but you can tell Aarons is class too - he was quality yesterday (that tackle aside). To be honest, I've been worried that Fankaty may make a rash challenge, as it is clear he is still blowing out of his arse as the game progresses.

Sky Blue Harry H

Norwich have a Dabo thread on their forum - they want to pinch him off us - nooooooooooo!

clint van damme

Norwich have a Dabo thread on their forum - they want to pinch him off us - nooooooooooo!

'made of pure muscle and lightening'. That's a great quote

DannyThomas_1981

Opposition defender guilty of a highly dangerous challenge on Giles who had created serious problems all afternoon.

Same defender injures himself in that challenge and is laid out on the deck playing Max into an onside position for a near injury time equaliser (which could not have been more highly deserved either for the team or Max).

That truly is instant karma at it's very best - one of the great moments of the season so far.

DannyThomas_1981

Quick word on Giles. Quite a few doubters when he re-joined on loan but I'm really impressed. He's a real threat to the oppo with his pace and direct running and as others have pointed out a great out ball for our midfield.

Love the combination of Dabo on the right and Giles on the left; and we saw for the first time yesterday the problems that created for Norwich on both sides of the pitch with the return of Dabo to full fitness/form.

As others have also pointed out Hamer is also different class and looks as if he's over the early season disciplinary problems. For me Hamer is the first name on the team sheet. Wouldn't surprise me to see a midfield 3 of Hamer, Kelly and O'Hare in the advanced role behind Godden and Walker in the future. With super Max as super sub.

cc84cov

Quick word on Giles. Quite a few doubters when he re-joined on loan but I'm really impressed. He's a real threat to the oppo with his pace and direct running and as others have pointed out a great out ball for our midfield.

Love the combination of Dabo on the right and Giles on the left; and we saw for the first time yesterday the problems that created for Norwich on both sides of the pitch with the return of Dabo to full fitness/form.

As others have also pointed out Hamer is also different class and looks as if he's over the early season disciplinary problems. For me Hamer is the first name on the team sheet. Wouldn't surprise me to see a midfield 3 of Hamer, Kelly and O'Hare in the advanced role behind Godden and Walker in the future. With super Max as super sub.
Giles over Mccallum for me all day

DannyThomas_1981

'made of pure muscle and lightening'. That's a great quote

Love it CVD!

Is there a problem though with Dabo we haven't addressed - he always seems happy to take selfies with fans.........and for some of the negative posters on here for some unknown reason that's the ultimate crime....akin perhaps to taking off the shirt mid match and shitting on it......

Bomb him out to the Memorial Park to teach him a lesson? :D

Johhny Blue

Dabo is a star - but you can tell Aarons is class too - he was quality yesterday (that tackle aside). To be honest, I've been worried that Fankaty may make a rash challenge, as it is clear he is still blowing out of his arse as the game progresses.
Because he was going 80mph for 45 minutes

Johhny Blue

Opposition defender guilty of a highly dangerous challenge on Giles who had created serious problems all afternoon.

Same defender injures himself in that challenge and is laid out on the deck playing Max into an onside position for a near injury time equaliser (which could not have been more highly deserved either for the team or Max).

That truly is instant karma at it's very best - one of the great moments of the season so far.
Not sure he played Max onside. The ball came to him via Gibson the defender

rhino1002

Fantastic photo and if you look closely enough in the background you can see that injured Norwich twat on the turf, playing Max onside and with a perfect view of the ball rifling into the net. Take that you twat!!
If you watch the behind goal cam the ball came back to max from their defender not Tyler walker

cc84cov

He’s 20 years old and has already attracted the attention of some of the biggest clubs in the world. This is on par with CC84 saying McCallum’s a bigger talent than Bellingham last season
Over rated

Giles is 20 he is a better prospect than the Norwich lad 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sky Blue Harry H

read back on the thread when he joined, not quite as complimentary as your post

If/when we stay up. I'd hope we might be able to buy Giles and/or Sam McCallum back. Can't think Wolves will want him at PL level - and he will want regular football, If, as expected. Norwich go back up, don't think they will want/need Sam. Wages/transfer fees may be tricky, but I'd hope we'd have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread